Real Estate

199 Church St - Centrecourt

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 29th, 2020 11:43 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 5, 2018
2916 posts
5209 upvotes
Toronto
FCDev07 wrote: I got an email this morning about a 2 yr rental guarantee for studios lol
What people don't get is that rental guarantees are basically rebates. It is NOT a promise or indicator of what rents will be in 3-6 years.

These rental rates are not reasonable and they will subsidize you for two years as thanks for buying out their overpriced condos.
Called the bottom.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2010
2610 posts
2364 upvotes
CondoMan98 wrote: What people don't get is that rental guarantees are basically rebates. It is NOT a promise or indicator of what rents will be in 3-6 years.

These rental rates are not reasonable and they will subsidize you for two years as thanks for buying out their overpriced condos.
I agree but so was that interest on your deposit for that project in the distillery and people were saying how it was such a great promotion. It's all just marketing.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 5, 2018
2916 posts
5209 upvotes
Toronto
moofur wrote: I agree but so was that interest on your deposit for that project in the distillery and people were saying how it was such a great promotion. It's all just marketing.
All I care about is price and location. Throwing in a locker and parking can be good too.

But it all comes down to price.
Called the bottom.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 11, 2009
19410 posts
8107 upvotes
Toronto
moofur wrote: I agree but so was that interest on your deposit for that project in the distillery and people were saying how it was such a great promotion. It's all just marketing.
Rental Guarantees are typically rebates from Real Estate Agents

Interest on your deposit was an incentive from 28 Eastern's Developer.
Realtor - Investment Properties
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2010
2610 posts
2364 upvotes
deal_with_singh wrote: Rental Guarantees are typically rebates from Real Estate Agents

Interest on your deposit was an incentive from 28 Eastern's Developer.
Yes but my point is they're basically both rebates.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 20, 2006
1173 posts
241 upvotes
I bought an investment unit the other day. im a bit worried and might not go through with i. too many what ifs
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 16, 2015
4136 posts
4032 upvotes
Toronto
So many bears, realestates and stonks always go up
To the moon
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
19416 posts
17901 upvotes
Tarrana & The Ri…
80% sold is what they're advertising.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 11, 2009
19410 posts
8107 upvotes
Toronto
Redsanta wrote: So many bears, realestates and stonks always go up
Stonks only go up, but out of the money options typically expire worthless....this is basically someone buying an option, but forced to exercise deep out of the money Face With Tears Of Joy
Realtor - Investment Properties
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
19416 posts
17901 upvotes
Tarrana & The Ri…
oasis100 wrote: no chance
That’s what I thought when I saw the email. Probably used some funny math like 80% of what thry released or something like that.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 5, 2018
2916 posts
5209 upvotes
Toronto
raxen wrote: Watch out for guaranteed rental agreements. I'll just leave this here...

https://financialpost.com/personal-fina ... incentives
Face With Tears Of Joy

Wow.

Like I said, rental guarantees are NOT an indication of how rental rates will be in 4-6 years. They are rebates offered by builders to entice buyers to buy their overpriced condos. And typically, builders do not even offer these incentives at launch. They usually introduce rental guarantees after all of the best units are gone and after they have already raised priced since the VIP launch. So, if you are even getting this guarantee you already missed the boat IMO.

Just go to a platinum broker and avoid all of this.
Called the bottom.
Sr. Member
Feb 14, 2005
817 posts
602 upvotes
Toronto
Not to thread crap but to continue on the discussion a bit to spread some knowledge...

11 Wellesley had a lease back arrangement with Lanterra. With the pandemic happening, rental vacancies at highs on Bay St and international students not coming anymore, I argue that those who have the arrangement in place are better off than those without it.

However, I agree with you in that the rental rate is substantially lower than market rate. The lease back arrangement was $1600/month for a studio (350sqft) for two years.

CondoMan98 wrote: Face With Tears Of Joy

Wow.

Like I said, rental guarantees are NOT an indication of how rental rates will be in 4-6 years. They are rebates offered by builders to entice buyers to buy their overpriced condos. And typically, builders do not even offer these incentives at launch. They usually introduce rental guarantees after all of the best units are gone and after they have already raised priced since the VIP launch. So, if you are even getting this guarantee you already missed the boat IMO.

Just go to a platinum broker and avoid all of this.
Sr. Member
Jul 7, 2019
790 posts
652 upvotes
raxen wrote: Watch out for guaranteed rental agreements. I'll just leave this here...

https://financialpost.com/personal-fina ... incentives
This article was written about 1 year ago, and mentions that these leaseback guarantees became available since 2015.
Has anyone, or knows anyone, that actually incurred additional HST repercussions from the CRA because of leaseback guarantee?

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)