Hot Deals

1password

1password Personal - 50% off in USD (New Accounts) // RBC clients 50% Off in CAD Offer Update

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2023 11:19 am
[OP]
Oct 11, 2006
801 posts
4261 upvotes

1password Personal - 50% off in USD (New Accounts) // RBC clients 50% Off in CAD Offer Update

Deal Link:
Price:
17.94 USD
Savings:
50% off
Retailer:
1password
First year of 1password for 17.94usd (2.99usd * 12 * 50 percent discount) - Personal Account. This is about $24 CAD plus tax.
1password is a password management software

New accounts only

This is available to Canadians if you follow the link. There is a 14 day trial. You don't need to enter credit card details when signing up to get the 50% off promo available on your account. When you change billing address to Canada the promo is still available to be used.

Regular annual cost is about $45 CAD plus tax.

Note that this 50% off (USD) can be used for the family plan but due to CAD/USD pricing differences the savings are not as appealing but still worthy to note.

Thank you to DLS4U for this deal.

=====
UPDATE
@Themoney wrote:
FYI if you are an RBC Customer you can get 50% off 1password in CAD Dollars instead of USD. You can visit the RBC Offers page or the link below.

https://1password.com/promo/rbc/
Last edited by kingsford on Feb 13th, 2023 8:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
113 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
6961 posts
1070 upvotes
Toronto
In before someone says this is a terrible deal and they prefer to a crumpled piece of paper from 10 years ago to write their passwords down on.

1Password is great, been using it for awhile now, wife and other family are onboard too.
I Declare - The official guide to your Customs exemptions and item restrictions when returning to Canada from abroad.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
3316 posts
2944 upvotes
I signed up for Dashlane...maybe 3 months ago... and have yet to get using it.. ugh.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
2194 posts
2339 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
what's the advantage of these vs chrome saved passwords?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2018
1996 posts
2580 upvotes
cwb27 wrote: In before someone says this is a terrible deal and they prefer to a crumpled piece of paper from 10 years ago to write their passwords down on.

1Password is great, been using it for awhile now, wife and other family are onboard too.
Most people are not comparing this with not using a password manager. They compare it with other free services like Firefox or Chrome built-in password managers, or maybe LastPass free account.

They definitely shouldn't use LastPass, and I am really suspicious about how good 1pass is. At least google and firefox have a really good track records of not leaking your data.
Sep 29, 2009
654 posts
1150 upvotes
Kitchener
Sicklyslick wrote: what's the advantage of these vs chrome saved passwords?
Nicer integration into other apps on mobile than going into a browser to copy and paste things out, better password sharing if you want to provide stuff to other people. I switched about a year ago when I moved off Chrome mostly to Firefox. Migration was easy and I find the cost worth it.
Dec 15, 2009
232 posts
249 upvotes
Toronto
I migrated over from LastPass to BitWarden. So far so good and I am happy with their service and price
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4548 posts
4918 upvotes
Google has enough of our personal data as is.

They certainly don't need my passwords and other personal data.

The only password managers i trust are KeePass and Bitwarden.

The rest don't have much of a proven track record.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2005
1033 posts
689 upvotes
After the LastPass fiasco I’m sticking with
the built in chrome one. It works, nothing
fancy. Google might have all of our data,
but it’s damn unlikely that we’ll see the level
of incompetence that LP has reached.
Oct 15, 2008
79 posts
89 upvotes
Another vote for Bitwarden.

Chrome passwords can be compromised fairly easily by some malware.
Apr 22, 2014
725 posts
340 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Bitwarden FTW. $10 USD per year
Aug 5, 2015
107 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Bitwarden is FREE. Save yourself the money
Nov 28, 2019
792 posts
351 upvotes
cwb27 wrote: In before someone says this is a terrible deal and they prefer to a crumpled piece of paper from 10 years ago to write their passwords down on.

I am quiet happy with 1Password as well, wish I could jump on this deal again. I started with lastpass then moved to bitwarden but was not happy with it.

1Password seems to be the best of the 3, so far most of the articles I read seem suggest their design seems to be the best.

I am sure one day it will get hacked or something so will see how they handle it at that time but for now I am sticking with 1Password.
rs97ap wrote: I migrated over from LastPass to BitWarden. So far so good and I am happy with their service and price
AsianXL wrote: Google has enough of our personal data as is.

They certainly don't need my passwords and other personal data.

The only password managers i trust are KeePass and Bitwarden.

The rest don't have much of a proven track record.
darkfrost77 wrote: Another vote for Bitwarden.

Chrome passwords can be compromised fairly easily by some malware.
ellisd wrote: Bitwarden FTW. $10 USD per year
Just an Fyi to anyone using bitwarden

https://palant.info/2023/01/23/bitwarde ... terations/

https://portswigger.net/daily-swig/bitw ... -criticism

If you had your account for awhile you might want to check what it is set at.
Jul 17, 2017
81 posts
183 upvotes
I have 1Password and love it!

It syncs to everything (iphone, Windows laptop, etc) and seems like they've been adding/updating a lot features. I had a really dumb question and called the c/s and they were surprisingly awesome to deal with..

+1 thanks OP
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2004
4218 posts
786 upvotes
T.O.
I also switched from LastPass to 1Password last month. I'm pretty happy with 1Password. For some reason LastPass, at least for me, was slowing down Chrome like crazy.
Heatware: Link
HowardForums: Link
Mar 1, 2006
99 posts
29 upvotes
Top of the RedFlagpo…
Been using 1Password for over 10 years and love it to death.
It used to be Mac and iPhone only, but they've added Windows and Android clients in recent years.

It is very easy to use, reliable and safe.

I hear a lot of good things about BitWarden, but for most users, I think 1Password is the customer-friendly, approachable option.

It is also a Canadian company that employs hundreds of Canadians.

edit: I wrote Linux, meant Android
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2013
1745 posts
1319 upvotes
Toronto
Two years using 1Password and has been a phenomenal experience. Love the sync option, clean UI and additional features it offers. I don't have a single bad thing to say about it.

I'd strongly recommend it if someone is in the market looking for a PW manager. Given the climate of today and how easy people's information are leaked due to breaches, one should exercise extreme caution when it comes to using your passwords more than once on an account.
May 1, 2015
910 posts
686 upvotes
Toronto, ON
been using them for 8 years now. Never regretted it. Great company
Bell 30gb Unlimited 5g plan (Throttled 512kbps) , Can INT Text, Can-US Calling, Int Dist Saver & Visual Voicemail for $45
Dec 5, 2015
744 posts
912 upvotes
Verdun, QC
I just switched to 1paaaword from LastPass because of their handling of the hacking. IMO it is ok. Some things I hate:

-desktop asks for master password way too often. Basically every time I want aufill from 1PW I have to enter my master password which is annoying AF.
- No credit card autofill which
-prompt to ask if I want to save is at the when you type the password vs. After you log on which means if you make a mistake is save the ring password

I wish google PW manager was as secure. It would be a no brainer to just use that. It's fully integrated with chrome and android.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
2235 posts
1287 upvotes
Montreal
Bitwarden is free if you just need 1 license or build your own secret server.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)