Expired Hot Deals

[1Password] FREE 12-Month 1Password Families 5-User Password Manager Trial (Digital Dowload)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 17th, 2020 1:50 am
[OP]
Apr 2, 2018
227 posts
2540 upvotes

FREE 12-Month 1Password Families 5-User Password Manager Trial (Digital Dowload)

Deal Link:
Price:
Free
Savings:
100%
Retailer:
1Password
1Password.com offers new users a 12-Month 1Password Families 5-User Password Manager Trial for Free (no payment method required) when you register with a valid email address on the offer page.

Click here to know more about the features of 1Password.

https://1password.com/families/?cjevent ... 790a24060e

Supported platforms:
Apple macOS
Apple iOS
Microsoft Windows
Google Android
Google Chrome OS
Linux
54 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
34041 posts
19915 upvotes
Ottawa
Trial period shows 183 days?
Oct 12, 2016
877 posts
260 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: Trial period shows 183 days?
Where do u see that?
Mine says trial mode(in app) android.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
34041 posts
19915 upvotes
Ottawa
frendzpz wrote: Where do u see that?
Mine says trial mode(in app) android.
From the online wepage, under billing.
Jan 10, 2017
296 posts
220 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: Trial period shows 183 days?
Might be for new accounts only; created a test account and it says 366 days, no credit card was asked for either.

I've stopped using them a while ago when they shifted their business model and made old version obsolete with new browsers. Others might want to try bitwarden which is free or $10/yr for premium or $1/mo for families. Personally, I am using KeepassXC these days for cross platform compatibility with KeePass databases.
Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2009
1444 posts
846 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone have any comments about this as compared to LastPass? In particular, I'm looking for family use (since my parents never seem to remember their passwords) and sharing passwords between family members. Polish and ease of use is probably key, but I'm also a bit concerned about the $5/mo after all of this.
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2007
1316 posts
174 upvotes
Toronto
keddie2 wrote: Personally, I am using KeepassXC these days for cross platform compatibility with KeePass databases.
How do you find this compared to the others like 1Password and LastPass? Where is the database stored? Google drive or Dropbox? Is it the same type of polish and ease of use as compared to 1Password or LastPass?

TIA!
Apr 29, 2013
189 posts
273 upvotes
Calgary
keddie2 wrote: Might be for new accounts only; created a test account and it says 366 days, no credit card was asked for either.

I've stopped using them a while ago when they shifted their business model and made old version obsolete with new browsers. Others might want to try bitwarden which is free or $10/yr for premium or $1/mo for families. Personally, I am using KeepassXC these days for cross platform compatibility with KeePass databases.
I really like bitwarden but have decided to stick with keepass. Bitwarden worries me that there is only one primary developer, not sure if this has changed or not but that is a single of failure imho.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
4394 posts
1659 upvotes
GTA
jumperson22 wrote: How do you find this compared to the others like 1Password and LastPass? Where is the database stored? Google drive or Dropbox? Is it the same type of polish and ease of use as compared to 1Password or LastPass?

TIA!
I'm a fan of Keepass but if polish and ease of use is important then I would not recommend it. That's not to say it is difficult but if you want something more cohesive and straight to the point, I would stick with solutions like BitWarden, LastPass, 1Passeword, etc.

but yes, you can store keepass databases in Drive or Dropbox or wherever you want which is one of keepass primary advantages
Dec 21, 2012
399 posts
333 upvotes
Winnipeg
I use Roboform free version, does everything I need.
Dec 29, 2009
554 posts
139 upvotes
I've been using 1password for a while and it's great. I got the last free year of this and added it to my Mom's computer and phone and she's able to use it no problem. She still isn't using their password generator to make good passwords, but at least she doesn't have to find her 'book' of passwords.
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2007
1316 posts
174 upvotes
Toronto
Dave98 wrote: I'm a fan of Keepass but if polish and ease of use is important then I would not recommend it. That's not to say it is difficult but if you want something more cohesive and straight to the point, I would stick with solutions like BitWarden, LastPass, 1Passeword, etc.

but yes, you can store keepass databases in Drive or Dropbox or wherever you want which is one of keepass primary advantages
I like the ease of LastPass/1Password and the cross-browser/app compatibility. I have no problem doing the initial setup...is KeePass what people generally go towards now b/c of safety/privacy? Any other recommendations? I don't like the idea of paying a monthly or annual fee so willing to go rough around the edges to get it setup if necessary.

TIA!
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2013
1348 posts
656 upvotes
Scarborough
I've been using this since last year when they came out with the same 1 Year Free Promo. Honestly, I use this religiously now when making accounts to help me generate strong passwords, and works great on IOS. When my free subscription is up, I'd definitely be signing up for the subscription.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
4394 posts
1659 upvotes
GTA
jumperson22 wrote: I like the ease of LastPass/1Password and the cross-browser/app compatibility. I have no problem doing the initial setup...is KeePass what people generally go towards now b/c of safety/privacy? Any other recommendations? I don't like the idea of paying a monthly or annual fee so willing to go rough around the edges to get it setup if necessary.

TIA!
People like KeePass because it's open source and you get to control how you keep your database. You don't even have to sync it to a cloud at all. So, people like that idea and generally that's who will prefer it. But having that control also means it's not as straight forward to those people who would not want that responsibility.

BitWarden is also free (if you don't need certain extra features), is also open source and has gone through a security audit, cross platform, can be used through their own syncing servers, or hosted yourself.
Aug 1, 2012
905 posts
191 upvotes
Cambridge
1Password is Consumer Report's top Password Manager pick.
Images
  • pwd_mg_cr.jpg