1st choice duct cleaning/furnace maintenance

• Last Updated:
  • May 7th, 2014 9:25 am
[OP]
Nov 8, 2009
11 posts
ottawa, Ontario

1st choice duct cleaning/furnace maintenance

Hi, i am thinking to go with 1st choice for duct cleaning and furnace maintenance. They seem to have decent prices but I cannot find company reviews online.
Anyone tried them and want to share some good/bad experience one had with them? i am located in Ottawa...
Much appreciated...
4 replies
Oct 9, 2013
15 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
jadestar17 wrote: Hi, i am thinking to go with 1st choice for duct cleaning and furnace maintenance. They seem to have decent prices but I cannot find company reviews online.
Anyone tried them and want to share some good/bad experience one had with them? i am located in Ottawa...
Much appreciated...
you should take some time and visit www.nadca.com to do a bit of research to understand a bit more about the duct cleaning service. You can also find a few companies that are Certified to give you that added piece of mind that the company takes a bit more pride in their work and more knowledgeable on the systems and how to effectively clean them. Pricing is obviously important, but if you have a company charging $100 vs. one that charges $400, understand why, to help you make a more informed decision.

You can also print off a checklist to go over with each company to understand the type of service they are doing, and that way there are no surprises when it comes time for the job & invoice.

Good luck with the project.

Paul
[OP]
Nov 8, 2009
11 posts
ottawa, Ontario
DuctCleaningTOR wrote: you should take some time and visit www.nadca.com to do a bit of research to understand a bit more about the duct cleaning service. You can also find a few companies that are Certified to give you that added piece of mind that the company takes a bit more pride in their work and more knowledgeable on the systems and how to effectively clean them. Pricing is obviously important, but if you have a company charging $100 vs. one that charges $400, understand why, to help you make a more informed decision.

You can also print off a checklist to go over with each company to understand the type of service they are doing, and that way there are no surprises when it comes time for the job & invoice.

Good luck with the project.

Paul
Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated
Banned
Jun 22, 2012
4737 posts
712 upvotes
Shhanada
jadestar17 wrote: Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated
Why do you think you need your ducts cleaned? Most of the time people think their ducts need cleaning for the wrong reasons. For example if your home is dusty, cleaning the ducts probably isn't the solution.

Please do a search on this board for duct cleaning where this has been covered many times.
Mar 25, 2012
248 posts
36 upvotes
Ottawa
I'm developing my basement (lots of drywalling and other dust producing activities), and I'm considering duct cleaning. I'm in Ottawa, too, and any recommendations would be appreciated.