• Last Updated:
  • Feb 26th, 2021 9:18 pm
[OP]
Oct 2, 2018
390 posts
259 upvotes
Toronto

2 inch weight plates

Hey guys, hoping I can post this here as it is sports and recreation.

Looking to get my hands on various 2 inch weight plates, tough to find during covid.

I have bumper and regular 45 lbs plates...however needing everything upwards to 35 lbs to infil the remaing weights.

Anyone know who may have some in hand for a good price, GTA area would be great but willing to travel within reason.

Thanks everyone.
2 replies
Oct 6, 2020
246 posts
456 upvotes
Ballroomblitz1 wrote: Hey guys, hoping I can post this here as it is sports and recreation.

Looking to get my hands on various 2 inch weight plates, tough to find during covid.

I have bumper and regular 45 lbs plates...however needing everything upwards to 35 lbs to infil the remaing weights.

Anyone know who may have some in hand for a good price, GTA area would be great but willing to travel within reason.

Thanks everyone.
Fitness Depot usually has plates (hit or miss depending on timing) ...and they are rubber coated for like $2.50/lbs..

Also, when building a set, you dont need 35's...they just get in the way.

Get 2 x 2.5lbs, 4 x 5lbs, 2 x 10lbs, 2 x 25lbs and the rest can be filled using 45's...once you max out the weight, you just add new 45's...this will allow you to build any weight combo.
[OP]
Oct 2, 2018
390 posts
259 upvotes
Toronto
teedomo88 wrote: Fitness Depot usually has plates (hit or miss depending on timing) ...and they are rubber coated for like $2.50/lbs..

Also, when building a set, you dont need 35's...they just get in the way.

Get 2 x 2.5lbs, 4 x 5lbs, 2 x 10lbs, 2 x 25lbs and the rest can be filled using 45's...once you max out the weight, you just add new 45's...this will allow you to build any weight combo.
Picked up Crumb Rubber Plates 2 x 10lbs, 2 x 25lbs, 4 x 45 lbs so getting there.....question is for the 2 x 2.5lbs, 4 x 5lbs think it has to be cast iron as rubber bumpers seldom go down that low correct?

Still making room in my garage have to remove some old golf bags (TaylorMade's i keep in my trunk) and file cabinet etc....however getting closer. With everyone working from home it is tough to move things inside, so for now garage works. Putting AC in afterwards once the weather warms.
Images
  • Gym 4.jpeg
  • Gym 3.jpeg