Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Burger King

$2 poutine for national poutine day via mobile order (April 11-17)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 17th, 2022 1:58 pm
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
1857 posts
377 upvotes
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2007
2565 posts
483 upvotes
osuman wrote: Agreed, Montreal is the only place sad sells real poutine. Everything else is just a sad immitation. /s
Don't be arrogant.

I was in Quebec City. Literally the heart of Quebec. You'd expect a decent real poutine, right?

Went to a resto next to my hotel, think it was called 'Le Chic Shack' or something. I ordered a poutine, because I wanted to get the real Quebec poutine experience.

Do you know what they brought me? A bowl (yes bowl, not PLATE) of potato wedges (yes, WEDGES). It was sitting in some sort of broth, with some sort of unmelted white cheese on top (not curds).

Now, I am not a violent man, and I don't tend to make scenes. But I almost threw that bowl at them. I had no idea I could be so offended by someone calling that abomination a poutine. You'd expect to get that in some sort of Pakistani airport, that are trying to offer "Canadian food". But no, I got that served to me in Canada, in Quebec, and they actually had the guts to call it a poutine! I had to check if I was being pranked. It was pure blasphemy.

I've had tons of poutine in MTL. La Banquise at 3am. Poutineville. Heck even at Au Pied. There really isn't that big of a difference btw a good MTL poutine, and a good poutine elsewhere in Canada (I've been coast to coast).

But the Chic Shack place in QC? I am still offended to this day. And that was 5+ years ago.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2014
1657 posts
2600 upvotes
$2 Poutine for National Poutine Day
Images
  • zmail.jpg
May 22, 2009
646 posts
1271 upvotes
Canada
Don't ask "Is this a good deal?" when creating a thread. That goes in shopping discussion. Please post the price in title. Giving upvotes is free and yes, it is imaginary points that mean nothing but it also makes their effort feel appreciated
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2538 posts
1750 upvotes
Waterloo
BK poutine is vile and way too salty. Definitely wouldn’t pay $2 for this.
Congratulations!
Today is YOUR day.
You're off to great places!
You're off and away!
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
2317 posts
1364 upvotes
Home
osuman wrote: Agreed, Montreal is the only place sad sells real poutine. Everything else is just a sad immitation. /s
Ottawa area is same level imho.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2004
1199 posts
824 upvotes
Edmonton
cadave wrote: BK poutine is vile and way too salty. Definitely wouldn’t pay $2 for this.
Definitely salty but definitely WILL pay $2 for it.
Previous wins:
-Fujifilm Finepix Z10FD 7.2mp (Green) 210$
-2x Xbox 360 (Oct 29 & Nov 1) 300$
-2x EA SPORTS
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2004
1199 posts
824 upvotes
Edmonton
ItechJester wrote: Don't be arrogant.

I was in Quebec City. Literally the heart of Quebec. You'd expect a decent real poutine, right?

Went to a resto next to my hotel, think it was called 'Le Chic Shack' or something. I ordered a poutine, because I wanted to get the real Quebec poutine experience.

Do you know what they brought me? A bowl (yes bowl, not PLATE) of potato wedges (yes, WEDGES). It was sitting in some sort of broth, with some sort of unmelted white cheese on top (not curds).

Now, I am not a violent man, and I don't tend to make scenes. But I almost threw that bowl at them. I had no idea I could be so offended by someone calling that abomination a poutine. You'd expect to get that in some sort of Pakistani airport, that are trying to offer "Canadian food". But no, I got that served to me in Canada, in Quebec, and they actually had the guts to call it a poutine! I had to check if I was being pranked. It was pure blasphemy.

I've had tons of poutine in MTL. La Banquise at 3am. Poutineville. Heck even at Au Pied. There really isn't that big of a difference btw a good MTL poutine, and a good poutine elsewhere in Canada (I've been coast to coast).

But the Chic Shack place in QC? I am still offended to this day. And that was 5+ years ago.
Tell me you don't use Reddit without telling me you don't use Reddit :)
Previous wins:
-Fujifilm Finepix Z10FD 7.2mp (Green) 210$
-2x Xbox 360 (Oct 29 & Nov 1) 300$
-2x EA SPORTS
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2020
1075 posts
2797 upvotes
ItechJester wrote: Don't be arrogant.

This moved me to tears.
Jan 26, 2016
61 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Like most of BK’s stuff, their poutine is disgusting but somehow kind of good at the same time. Good deal if you’re into low tier fast food like me!
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33251 posts
15131 upvotes
Poutine Day? Isn't that like 7 days in that range? I'm guessing you can only use it once (apart from separate accounts)?
Penalty Box
Jun 20, 2020
17136 posts
22932 upvotes
Toronto
tarushin wrote: is it a coupon or we can stack with the $1 whopper? lol
No, $1 whopper is for first mobile purchase.
ES_Revenge wrote: Poutine Day? Isn't that like 7 days in that range? I'm guessing you can only use it once (apart from separate accounts)?
Only once per account

From the email

"Offer valid through mobile app orders at participating restaurants in Canada only, from April 11 to April 17, 2022, while supplies last. Offer can be redeemed only once during the Offer validity period. One Poutine must be added to the checkout basket at the time of making the qualifying purchase for the offer to apply. Not transferrable. No substitutions. Cannot be combined with any other deal, combo or offer. Not valid on delivery orders."
Destiny is all
Apr 18, 2017
695 posts
687 upvotes
Nanaimo
tarushin wrote: it's the lowest poutine quality standard especially for us in QC but for $2 I won't complaint lol
You should...prob get it for free! Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10568 posts
5208 upvotes
Toronto
so I bought one from Burger King with extra gravy, and then combined it with the free raptors McD fries (with coffee), and pretty disappointed lol

quality sucked and i am probably gonna be 1% fatter now, but thanks OP!
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10291 posts
4743 upvotes
Toronto
track2 wrote: tastes like wet cardboard
So like pizza pizza caught out in the rain?
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
15268 posts
6332 upvotes
RFD
track2 wrote: tastes like wet cardboard
I shall pair it with pizza pizza for the ultimate cardboard taste.