Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Burger King

$2 poutine for national poutine day via mobile order (April 11-17)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 17th, 2022 1:58 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1454 posts
1191 upvotes
Orleans, ON
osuman wrote: Agreed, Montreal is the only place that sells real poutine. Everything else is just a sad immitation. /s
Ottawa/Gatineau is as good as Montreal.

It comes down to access to fresh cheese curds. It's not like potatoes or gravy are better in Montreal, and Ottawa has St.Albert cheese curds locally.

As for BK - I mean... for $2 with low expectations it's a decent lunch. It's one of the better burger chain poutines, but that's not saying much. It's not outright awful like this monstrosity (which I actually tried just to see what the worst could possibly be)...

Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10563 posts
5207 upvotes
Toronto
Yikes Michelina's poutine, burn it with fire!
May 2, 2010
632 posts
547 upvotes
GTA
Shame on Smokes, poutine is their specialty yet they can't participate while BK and their crappy poutine can
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
2316 posts
1018 upvotes
Toronto
Those who like BK's poutines.....you like them more than Harvey's?
If you're seeing this message, it means I cared enough to downvote or felt the need to upvote. Either way you get a👎/ 👍 so be grateful that your thread is being bumped
Jul 16, 2016
166 posts
210 upvotes
Kevin8se7en wrote: Ottawa/Gatineau is as good as Montreal.

It comes down to access to fresh cheese curds. It's not like potatoes or gravy are better in Montreal, and Ottawa has St.Albert cheese curds locally.

As for BK - I mean... for $2 with low expectations it's a decent lunch. It's one of the better burger chain poutines, but that's not saying much. It's not outright awful like this monstrosity (which I actually tried just to see what the worst could possibly be)...

MY EYES!!!
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
3310 posts
4373 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
DealsHunterCo wrote: Those who like BK's poutines.....you like them more than Harvey's?
I do, I like the taste of the BK cheese and the gravy, it's kinda unique to the others, but it definitely is a bit saltier, but that's fine with me.
😎Thanks RFD😎
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
8075 posts
8562 upvotes
Calgary
Size wise, is a poutine and a whopper too much food?
Mar 6, 2019
291 posts
405 upvotes
OIPPursuit wrote: Like most of BK’s stuff, their poutine is disgusting but somehow kind of good at the same time. Good deal if you’re into low tier fast food like me!
my location you can select extra gravy for free. It taste even more soggy and salty but damn I want another LOL
Aug 7, 2014
96 posts
36 upvotes
Montreal
Kevin8se7en wrote: one of the better burger chain poutines
so which are the better chain poutines? I tried harvey's last month and thought it was good. Better than I expected.
Mar 6, 2019
291 posts
405 upvotes
dsbmac wrote: so which are the better chain poutines? I tried harvey's last month and thought it was good. Better than I expected.
Costco poutines are good.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
15264 posts
6327 upvotes
RFD
I didn't taste the cardboard that was mentioned. For $2 it's pretty good for fast food poutine. A bit salty though.

PXL_20220411_210041681.jpg
Jul 8, 2019
286 posts
481 upvotes
Pen Island
how is this legal?
radeonboy wrote: I didn't taste the cardboard that was mentioned. For $2 it's pretty good for fast food poutine. A bit salty though.

PXL_20220411_210041681.jpg
$2 for this? shwing!
Last edited by seenjeen on Apr 11th, 2022 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
2308 posts
1352 upvotes
Home
Kevin8se7en wrote: Ottawa/Gatineau is as good as Montreal.

Agreed, The poutine at the St Albert factory would rank among the best I've had just on the strength of the hours old cheese curds. The cheese really makes it or breaks it. Decent french fries and gravy are easier to duplicate in various locations.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
2308 posts
1352 upvotes
Home
seenjeen wrote: how is this legal?
$2 for this? shwing!
It looks like someone threw up a poutine.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1454 posts
1191 upvotes
Orleans, ON
dsbmac wrote: so which are the better chain poutines? I tried harvey's last month and thought it was good. Better than I expected.
Relatively speaking of course...
Harveys and BK are the two best IMO. Slight edge to Harveys for me.
Popeyes is OK if you want a different style Gravy (not for everyone)
Five Guys is OK but way overpriced (stick to burgers and fries)
Wendys, KFC, and McDonalds are pretty bad

I haven't tried Mary Brows or A&W poutines (yet?)
Nov 23, 2011
301 posts
320 upvotes
DOLLARD-DES-ORMEAUX
ItechJester wrote: Don't be arrogant.

I was in Quebec City. Literally the heart of Quebec. You'd expect a decent real poutine, right?

Went to a resto next to my hotel, think it was called 'Le Chic Shack' or something. I ordered a poutine, because I wanted to get the real Quebec poutine experience.

Do you know what they brought me? A bowl (yes bowl, not PLATE) of potato wedges (yes, WEDGES). It was sitting in some sort of broth, with some sort of unmelted white cheese on top (not curds).

Now, I am not a violent man, and I don't tend to make scenes. But I almost threw that bowl at them. I had no idea I could be so offended by someone calling that abomination a poutine. You'd expect to get that in some sort of Pakistani airport, that are trying to offer "Canadian food". But no, I got that served to me in Canada, in Quebec, and they actually had the guts to call it a poutine! I had to check if I was being pranked. It was pure blasphemy.

I've had tons of poutine in MTL. La Banquise at 3am. Poutineville. Heck even at Au Pied. There really isn't that big of a difference btw a good MTL poutine, and a good poutine elsewhere in Canada (I've been coast to coast).

But the Chic Shack place in QC? I am still offended to this day. And that was 5+ years ago.
Lol, the problems we have in Canada eh! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
May 28, 2016
361 posts
613 upvotes
Toronto
LOL please stop quoting that Michelina's Poutine photo