Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Burger King

$2 poutine for national poutine day via mobile order (April 11-17)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 17th, 2022 1:58 pm
Jan 25, 2007
389 posts
227 upvotes
Whitby
Umar96 wrote: College & Spadina is full of crackheads, it's great. Really adds the trashy environment to eating trashy food.

Source: UofT student
Glad to hear this hasn’t changed. I lived around the corner as a UofT student about 20 years ago. Sooooo classyFace With Tears Of Joy
Nov 20, 2015
169 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I sincerely hope no one has ever paid the full price for this. It's tiny and the gravy tastes off. For $2, whatever
Aug 20, 2019
184 posts
591 upvotes
Kevin8se7en wrote: Relatively speaking of course...
Harveys and BK are the two best IMO. Slight edge to Harveys for me.
Popeyes is OK if you want a different style Gravy (not for everyone)
Five Guys is OK but way overpriced (stick to burgers and fries)
Wendys, KFC, and McDonalds are pretty bad

I haven't tried Mary Brows or A&W poutines (yet?)
Mary browns poutine is very good with their wedges. I would take it over the BK poutine I got today, which was a good value at $2 in my opinion. However, the BK nuggets I got were not good value. 100% will not get BK nuggets again
May 22, 2009
646 posts
1271 upvotes
Canada
SammyDavis wrote: Size wise, is a poutine and a whopper too much food?
Really depends on you.... size wise

If you think about it, a normal combo is whopper, fries and drink. Yours is just adding cheese curds and gravy
Don't ask "Is this a good deal?" when creating a thread. That goes in shopping discussion. Please post the price in title. Giving upvotes is free and yes, it is imaginary points that mean nothing but it also makes their effort feel appreciated
Jan 19, 2007
164 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto
Just want to give a shout out to the Walmart brand of great value canned poutine sauce if you want to make it homemade. Tried all kinds of poutine sauces and this is my go too one.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2013
2886 posts
5019 upvotes
Toronto
Gravy tastes rancid/bitter the last time I tried it (1 dollar promo?), IMO.

At least it a million times better McDonalds.

Going to go for this.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
3431 posts
3603 upvotes
Montreal
As a proud Montréaler the only fast food I can tolerate is Harvey's rest is trash
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2020
5821 posts
4439 upvotes
SammyDavis wrote: Size wise, is a poutine and a whopper too much food?
danzerino wrote: As a proud Montréaler the only fast food I can tolerate is Harvey's rest is trash
Then you're not a real Montrealer.
Dec 23, 2019
249 posts
405 upvotes
Hobbiton, Whiterun H…
Kevin8se7en wrote: Ottawa/Gatineau is as good as Montreal.

It comes down to access to fresh cheese curds. It's not like potatoes or gravy are better in Montreal, and Ottawa has St.Albert cheese curds locally.

As for BK - I mean... for $2 with low expectations it's a decent lunch. It's one of the better burger chain poutines, but that's not saying much. It's not outright awful like this monstrosity (which I actually tried just to see what the worst could possibly be)...

I'd pay to see someone whip one of these out at a Poutineville.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2006
2777 posts
3372 upvotes
Tiger_paws wrote: Just want to give a shout out to the Walmart brand of great value canned poutine sauce if you want to make it homemade. Tried all kinds of poutine sauces and this is my go too one.
Have you tried Bulk Barn poutine sauce powder? I find that one quite good.
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11638 posts
2615 upvotes
Montreal
osuman wrote: Agreed, Montreal is the only place that sells real poutine. Everything else is just a sad immitation. /s
I said nothing about Montreal. McDonalds and BK's poutine is just as bad in Quebec as it is in the rest of Canada.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
4354 posts
1452 upvotes
Brampton
moeseo wrote: So on our "official Canadian National Poutine Day", BK is the only chain that offers a poutine deal?
That is sad =(
Where are all of those "overpriced-so-called-proudly-Canadian-owned-restaurants" now?
New York fries had it yesterday, but their American style poutine doesn't really count.
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
8102 posts
8615 upvotes
Calgary
Bought the poutine yesterday. It was ok but BK packaged it up at the time I ordered it online, not when I showed up 30 minutes later. I should have asked for a fresh one.
Nov 16, 2007
434 posts
280 upvotes
SammyDavis wrote: Bought the poutine yesterday. It was ok but BK packaged it up at the time I ordered it online, not when I showed up 30 minutes later. I should have asked for a fresh one.
When you order ahead that’s how it works. Then you’re gonna have some person in the opposite situation who ordered 30mins ago and is wondering why they’re making it now and why it’s not ready for pickup.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2020
1509 posts
5324 upvotes
prod wrote: New York fries had it yesterday, but their American style poutine doesn't really count.
thx for the reminder, i forgot NYF sent out a BOGO free offer to the fry society members. offers still good until thursday!

combine that with this BK poutine and i'm gonna be sick of poutine for a while :lol:
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2016
5042 posts
6227 upvotes
blackbirdman wrote: Big fan of Burger Kings poutine, thanks OP. Will definitely be looking forward to this!
LOL Sorry man...
TomRFD wrote: I really like BK's poutine too so I'll definitely be getting this deal. Much better than McDonald's poutine (do they even still have poutine?) in my opinion.
Dude....
alkizmo wrote: Im SOOO sorry for those who have to eat McDonalds or BK poutine.
Finally a dude that gets it...
osuman wrote: Agreed, Montreal is the only place that sells real poutine. Everything else is just a sad immitation. /s
Disagree. There's a lot of small mom/pop restaurants and canteens scattered across QC that makes fantastic poutines. Canteen next town over which has been opened since late 40s is rated as one of the top 10 in the province.
ItechJester wrote:
But the Chic Shack place in QC? I am still offended to this day. And that was 5+ years ago.
No offence but the sheer name CHIC SHACK implies bad news for poutine connoisseurs.
wilbrod wrote: Definitely salty but definitely WILL pay $2 for it.
BK would have to pay me 2$ and I still wouldnt eat it
Last edited by KravenHead on Apr 12th, 2022 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
6154 posts
1998 upvotes
Mississauga
falkon57 wrote: When you order ahead that’s how it works. Then you’re gonna have some person in the opposite situation who ordered 30mins ago and is wondering why they’re making it now and why it’s not ready for pickup.
are you sure? I've ordered many times like 2 hours ahead and my food isn't cold....i thought they don't pack it until you get there...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
8102 posts
8615 upvotes
Calgary
Ducky wrote: are you sure? I've ordered many times like 2 hours ahead and my food isn't cold....i thought they don't pack it until you get there...
I drove to the mike, told them my online order number, drove straight to the window, both bags were handed to me immediately, stapled. A special order whopper which would have had to be prepared fresh. when I got home, as expected , everything was cold. Microwaved whopper ended up being not good.!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
8102 posts
8615 upvotes
Calgary
falkon57 wrote: When you order ahead that’s how it works. Then you’re gonna have some person in the opposite situation who ordered 30mins ago and is wondering why they’re making it now and why it’s not ready for pickup.
Harvey’s online asks you for a pickup time. BK doesn’t if you select drive thru, not sure about counter pickup.They are to treat you like a drive thru customer and make it as you arrive.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2016
5042 posts
6227 upvotes
Dealfinder12 wrote: Lol, the problems we have in Canada eh! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
And expect the country's mood to sour even further as the Leafs inch closer to the Holy Grail...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)