Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Burger King

$2 poutine for national poutine day via mobile order (April 11-17)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 17th, 2022 1:58 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
8102 posts
8615 upvotes
Calgary
KravenHead wrote: And expect the country's mood to sour even further as the Leafs inch closer to the Holy Grail...
Never going to happen.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
2789 posts
1480 upvotes
Montréal, QC
I guess for 2$ I will try it
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
3341 posts
4412 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
KravenHead wrote: LOL Sorry man...

Dude....

Finally a dude that gets it...

Disagree. There's a lot of small mom/pop restaurants and canteens scattered across QC that makes fantastic poutines. Canteen next town over which has been opened since late 40s is rated as one of the top 10 in the province.

No offence but the sheer name CHIC SHACK implies bad news for poutine connoisseurs.

BK would have to pay me 2$ and I still wouldnt eat it
Don't come on here just to attack other peoples opionions. People like different things. For me personally I find BK poutine one of the best in the fast chains, and I have tried ALOT. If you don't like it don't buy it or come to the thread bashing others or the promo.
😎Thanks RFD😎
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2016
5042 posts
6227 upvotes
blackbirdman wrote: Don't come on here just to attack other peoples opionions. People like different things. For me personally I find BK poutine one of the best in the fast chains, and I have tried ALOT. If you don't like it don't buy it or come to the thread bashing others or the promo.
Big difference between poking fun and "attack other peoples opinions"
it's all in good fun mate...

Your friendly neighborhood Poutine basher
Last edited by KravenHead on Apr 12th, 2022 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2016
5042 posts
6227 upvotes
SammyDavis wrote: Never going to happen.
Am torn between national pride and having to cheer for that team.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2011
2426 posts
5272 upvotes
Mississauga
Am I the only one that finds these comments a bit too much? It's a $2 poutine that's probably worth the price and sure it's not some Boujee poutine you can eat in Quebec for 5-6 times the cost but living in Ontario for $2, it's fine, lol.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
8102 posts
8615 upvotes
Calgary
jetertmac wrote: Am I the only one that finds these comments a bit too much? It's a $2 poutine that's probably worth the price and sure it's not some Boujee poutine you can eat in Quebec for 5-6 times the cost but living in Ontario for $2, it's fine, lol.
People complain about everything on here nowadays. Too salty. Too much sugar. Children harvest cocoa beans.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
3667 posts
4289 upvotes
Prince George
jetertmac wrote: Am I the only one that finds these comments a bit too much? It's a $2 poutine that's probably worth the price and sure it's not some Boujee poutine you can eat in Quebec for 5-6 times the cost but living in Ontario for $2, it's fine, lol.
Poutine is serious business
Jul 21, 2020
169 posts
103 upvotes
Wasn't worth it for $2 sadly. It tasted gross when I ate it.

Last time I had it was 4 years ago and it was actually not bad.

Doesn’t hurt to try it out tbh
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2019
1258 posts
713 upvotes
ItechJester wrote: Don't be arrogant.

I was in Quebec City. Literally the heart of Quebec. You'd expect a decent real poutine, right?

Went to a resto next to my hotel, think it was called 'Le Chic Shack' or something. I ordered a poutine, because I wanted to get the real Quebec poutine experience.

Do you know what they brought me? A bowl (yes bowl, not PLATE) of potato wedges (yes, WEDGES). It was sitting in some sort of broth, with some sort of unmelted white cheese on top (not curds).

Now, I am not a violent man, and I don't tend to make scenes. But I almost threw that bowl at them. I had no idea I could be so offended by someone calling that abomination a poutine. You'd expect to get that in some sort of Pakistani airport, that are trying to offer "Canadian food". But no, I got that served to me in Canada, in Quebec, and they actually had the guts to call it a poutine! I had to check if I was being pranked. It was pure blasphemy.

I've had tons of poutine in MTL. La Banquise at 3am. Poutineville. Heck even at Au Pied. There really isn't that big of a difference btw a good MTL poutine, and a good poutine elsewhere in Canada (I've been coast to coast).

But the Chic Shack place in QC? I am still offended to this day. And that was 5+ years ago.
La Banquise I think had the best poutine I've ever had. I will be back!
Jul 27, 2017
384 posts
511 upvotes
It's BK poutine so it's just alright. Use the money you saved to buy yourself a drink, you're gonna need it to wash down that sodium.

Personally speaking, fast food poutine wise, definitely not at the level of Costco, somewhat better than McD, and maybe a notch below NYF but not by much.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
1166 posts
327 upvotes
Quite possibly the saltiest item I’ve ever had from a fast food chain.
- FalconR
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11638 posts
2615 upvotes
Montreal
ItechJester wrote: ....A bowl (yes bowl, not PLATE) .....

But the Chic Shack place in QC? I am still offended to this day. And that was 5+ years ago.
To be fair, a bowl is fine for poutine, but I looked up the restaurant you mentionned and found this image. It looks like they tried to be "chic" but failed completely.

Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
7603 posts
3885 upvotes
Problem with BK poutine is they give you so much gravy that it ends up being soupy & salty. I asked for less gravy but they just ignored it. For $2, what do you expect? LOL
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2088 posts
3085 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
The poutinistas in the thread are definitely going overboard. It's fast food poutine, after all!

That said, I couldn't imagine paying $5.19 for this ($6.19 with bacon). The portion size is simply too small to justify that price.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
20553 posts
5870 upvotes
Scarberia
This do not stack with 1$ whopper!
The gravy is nastyAF! I like mcDds poutine 10x better than this
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2010
2056 posts
5094 upvotes
Toronto
Last time, had their free soggy and salty nuggets for ‘Nugget Day.’ Won’t be paying for that.

Prob won’t be trying this. Though interesting all thumbs up for the deal, yet comments tell a different story…