• Oct 27th, 2017 1:23 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Feb 15, 2015
35 posts
10 upvotes
Ottawa

2 Questions

1. Is anyone able to use radio? I do know that it's disabled by carrier.. but just wonder if anyone is able to do it through root or w/e

2. Has anyone tested or confirmed if the Sony Xperia XZ Premium can stand by with both sims on 3g or up? I searched through this forum and I found that someone said newer phones are able to do it?

Thanks
2 replies
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
14728 posts
12825 upvotes
Going to the Moon
WallaceZ977 wrote: 1. Is anyone able to use radio? I do know that it's disabled by carrier.. but just wonder if anyone is able to do it through root or w/e

2. Has anyone tested or confirmed if the Sony Xperia XZ Premium can stand by with both sims on 3g or up? I searched through this forum and I found that someone said newer phones are able to do it?

Thanks
  1. FM radio on which phone? For the most part, either it's available on the phone, or it's not. There are a handful of exceptions such as Samsung S series where it's possible to gain FM radio by installing an app, rooting or flashing a custom ROM. Sony's are usually good for supporting FM radio. Carriers don't "disable" it, however flagship phones tend to leave it out to encourage going on bigger data plans.
  2. Newer dual sim phones can support 3G/LTE in both sim slots, meaning you wouldn't be limited to 2G in 2nd sim slot, but you'd still have to choose which sim slot to use for data. Not sure about Sony Xperia XZ Premium. Sony's already behind other brands in popularity, and haven't heard of any dual-sim users grabbing a Sony. Perhaps asking the question or looking it up on XDA developers? There's likely a larger user base of Sony dual sim phones on that forum.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
[OP]
Feb 15, 2015
35 posts
10 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks for your post titaniumtux, I'll try to search for it on XDA.