2% saving offer (maybe targeted)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 1st, 2022 12:41 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2012
4121 posts
701 upvotes
Toronto
Those who got it, is it only via email? Logged in and don't see it on my insights so I assume I didn't get it?
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2004
1061 posts
552 upvotes
Shocked that both my wife and I received the offer also. The last few years, it was only one of us that would get it at a time.
Ohmsford wrote: Does Tangerine have a daily limit on transfers out of Tangerine? I just learnt that EQ Bank has a $30,000 daily limit for transfers as I'm trying to pull some stuff out.
EQ Bank has a $30K transfer limit, but you can set up multiple transfers for the same day.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
1007 posts
519 upvotes
Toronto
Transferred everything from HSBC since their 1.75% promo was ending in 2 weeks anyways.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
6485 posts
3495 upvotes
Toronto
imoo2u wrote: Tangerine is pretty much gaming the bonus interest promo.
The promo used to start from 4th of the mth. Because of this, I move $$ out from savings between 1st and 3rd of the mth to 'outsmart' Tangerine algorithms.
High five - but that sounds more like you're the one gaming the bonus interest promo. ;)
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2008
2613 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto
cessnabmw wrote: Those who got it, is it only via email? Logged in and don't see it on my insights so I assume I didn't get it?
Got email then went to check my account and saw it on my insight.

Thanks OP, got the offer and transferred everything from EQ to Tangerine.
Oct 8, 2006
616 posts
407 upvotes
Okanagan Valley
I got the 1.6% offer on Nov 4 til March 31-2022. Yesterday, I got the 2% offer for any new money.....I have already transferred new funds in on Nov 8 so am currently getting the 1.6%.

If I accept this new offer....will it stack ...in other words will I continue to get the 1.6% on existing funds and 2% on new funds added after yesterday or will acceptance of the last offer reset and I will get the nominal regular rate on funds already in account and 2% on new....I have never had this problem before 2 offers covering the same period....of course the wife gets no offers....Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes :rolleyes:
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
7176 posts
3639 upvotes
West GTEH!
cessnabmw wrote: Those who got it, is it only via email? Logged in and don't see it on my insights so I assume I didn't get it?
asdisme wrote: Got email then went to check my account and saw it on my insight.

Thanks OP, got the offer and transferred everything from EQ to Tangerine.

Got the email. Then went to My Tangerine Account and it was under "Insights".

happy camper wrote: I got the 1.6% offer on Nov 4 til March 31-2022. Yesterday, I got the 2% offer for any new money.....I have already transferred new funds in on Nov 8 so am currently getting the 1.6%.

If I accept this new offer....will it stack ...in other words will I continue to get the 1.6% on existing funds and 2% on new funds added after yesterday or will acceptance of the last offer reset and I will get the nominal regular rate on funds already in account and 2% on new....I have never had this problem before 2 offers covering the same period....of course the wife gets no offers....Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes :rolleyes:
The 1st part that is Bold & underline.
😎
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
7176 posts
3639 upvotes
West GTEH!
joeags wrote: Shocked that both my wife and I received the offer also. The last few years, it was only one of us that would get it at a time.

EQ Bank has a $30K transfer limit, but you can set up multiple transfers for the same day.
Was surprised with the 30K/transaction transfer out Limit at EQ Bank.
As you mentioned I did multiple transactions.

Same here, my SO also got the 2% Promo. And she NEVER gets these Promos, even though she has zero Balance in her Accounts.
😎
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2008
2627 posts
1070 upvotes
Calgary
I didn't get a email, I saw it when I logged into my account and it was advertised on my insights.
Aug 27, 2012
569 posts
577 upvotes
Calgary
It has been a while I was targeted for one of these but finally got it this time around.
Apr 7, 2009
78 posts
579 upvotes
AJAX
I checked yesterday I didn't have this offer but today I checked and now it's there.
Dec 18, 2019
375 posts
271 upvotes
Calgary
Metalheart wrote: Nothing for me :(
Actually just logged in in the browser (tried mobile app previously), and I see the offer in my insights now! Activated right away! Thanks OP!
In Heavy Metal We Trust
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
24123 posts
9580 upvotes
Socially Distanced
No dice :(
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Dec 16, 2019
169 posts
108 upvotes
Finally got the 2% as well, and thinking of moving more than 100k there for a big thing coming next year.

Will be above the cdic limit, but since it's for expenses coming next year, the risks are pretty limited I guess... Thought?
Dec 20, 2010
533 posts
505 upvotes
Since savings account interest is so small anyway just keep whatever balance you need in your chequing account until you get the promo.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
6589 posts
6907 upvotes
Vancouver
Nothing but a credit card offer for me.
Oct 6, 2010
101 posts
73 upvotes
sports1 wrote: Won the Tangerine lottery this time. But really annoying it's always "on new deposits only"... well better than nothing I guess.
If you churn other bank accounts and withdraw everything to use their promos, you can dump it all back in Tangerine and it will count as new deposit. This is how banks fight over customers and their assets to lend out to other people.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)