2% saving offer (maybe targeted)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 1st, 2022 12:41 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
7167 posts
3631 upvotes
West GTEH!
kimmelite wrote: Thanks OP. We finally won the 'Tangerine lottery'. We did not the last two offers that other RFDs bragged about. So we started taking money out, and using our Simplii savings rate offer. So I guess we took enough out that they gave us this offer in early December. Really, really miss ING Direct: they did not play these games like Tangerine Bank.
No guarantee that if you move money out of TING you'll get Interest Rate Promo.

Lots of people do this and don't get the Promo.

Check out the big Tangerine Lottery Thread in "Personal Finance".
Last edited by Webhead on Dec 6th, 2021 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
😎
Sep 29, 2015
65 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto, ON
When you move funds in and out, do you use Tangerine or your other financial institutions?
Dec 18, 2019
371 posts
268 upvotes
Calgary
usctrojansfan wrote: When you move funds in and out, do you use Tangerine or your other financial institutions?
I used Tangerine for both. Assuming you have an external account connected to your Tangerine.
In Heavy Metal We Trust
Nov 21, 2009
407 posts
188 upvotes
Moncton
Wife got the offer but her app bugged out; when she clicked on the "continue" button under Insights to accept, the app froze and now the offer is nowhere to be found. Balls.

Luckily, I got the offer via email and managed to activate.
Deal Guru
Sep 13, 2007
10330 posts
5628 upvotes
Toronto
I moved my $ out of Tangerine beginning of Nov then activated this offer in Dec.
Hopefully i get the 2%
Jul 28, 2018
324 posts
504 upvotes
Toronto
To bypass the $30k limit from EQ you can pull from Tangerine, the only downside is it will hold onto the money for 5 business days but you gain interest right away.
Feb 6, 2007
455 posts
288 upvotes
Just got my email last night! Looks like they are doing these in waves.
Mar 14, 2009
249 posts
187 upvotes
Toronto
Got email today for the 2% offer ending Apr 30, 2022
May 25, 2011
62 posts
54 upvotes
This is BS! don't fall for it. My wife opened chequing and savings account, transferred her pay over, we transferred all our savings over and we've gotten maybe 0.001% interest. Gotta read the fine print but it's false advertisement. YOU DON'T get 2%!

After all the time and effort we put in to transfer everything, spoke to a customer service rep and they basically said, its in the fine print. I want all of our money out of there now.
Feb 24, 2017
256 posts
129 upvotes
I called them last week on offers and was told there was none for me. This offer appeared today.
Dec 5, 2017
211 posts
175 upvotes
Scarberia
mo0o077 wrote: This is BS! don't fall for it. My wife opened chequing and savings account, transferred her pay over, we transferred all our savings over and we've gotten maybe 0.001% interest. Gotta read the fine print but it's false advertisement. YOU DON'T get 2%!

After all the time and effort we put in to transfer everything, spoke to a customer service rep and they basically said, its in the fine print. I want all of our money out of there now.
Careful a salty cow makes sour milk
Aside, are you talking about the new customer 2.2% EARNMORE offer? If she didnt enter the earnmore promo code, a call/secure msg to tangerine can have it applied to the account, if she used someone’s orangekey then unfortunate it doesnt stack
Aug 20, 2019
288 posts
169 upvotes
iSimple wrote: I moved my $ out of Tangerine beginning of Nov then activated this offer in Dec.
Hopefully i get the 2%
Did this in the same time frame and received the offer yesterday.
Let the hoarding begin.....
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2012
4121 posts
701 upvotes
Toronto
No email or insights for me.

Anyone have any luck just calling and asking for it?
May 25, 2011
62 posts
54 upvotes
Icecreamscoop wrote: Careful a salty cow makes sour milk
Aside, are you talking about the new customer 2.2% EARNMORE offer? If she didnt enter the earnmore promo code, a call/secure msg to tangerine can have it applied to the account, if she used someone’s orangekey then unfortunate it doesnt stack

This was back in Oct/Nov when they had the promo for a new chequing account get $300 and savings account 2% interest for 5 months. She didn't use any orangekey.
Mar 27, 2015
19 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Just got this in my email.

* The Tangerine Savings Interest Offer of 2.00% (the “Offer”) is only available to existing Tangerine Clients who have received this communication directly from Tangerine and who activate the Offer online by December 31, 2021. The 2.00% promotional interest rate (the “Promotional Interest Rate”) is only available on Eligible Deposits made between December 2, 2021 and April 30, 2022 of up to $1,000,000 per Applicable Account Type (in the currency of the Applicable Account). However, deposits made into registered Applicable Accounts through a T2033 form will not begin to earn the Promotional Interest Rate until the funds are actually received by Tangerine, and will earn interest at the applicable Posted Rate before then. The Promotional Interest Rate is an annualized rate, calculated daily and paid monthly. This Offer can’t be combined with any other offers. This Offer, including interest rates, may change, be extended or cancelled without notice. Full Offer Terms and Conditions, including definitions of any capitalized terms, are available here.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2006
2622 posts
1072 upvotes
Burnaby
mo0o077 wrote: This was back in Oct/Nov when they had the promo for a new chequing account get $300 and savings account 2% interest for 5 months. She didn't use any orangekey.
As with all banking offers, have to follow exactly what's in the fineprint, but with past Scotiabank offers people reported not receiving the bonus. I'm assuming you could start a complaint with the Tangerine Ombudsman similarly to Scotiabank. My Scotiabank request was resolved within a week by the Ombudsman.
https://www.tangerine.ca/en/legal/complaints-process

Be prepared to have documentation ready as proof you satisfied all the requirements of the promo within the required periods after account opening.
Dec 29, 2010
170 posts
92 upvotes
Dammit Tangerine. Called them a few days ago. I was on a 1.6% rate. Argued that La Capital savings had 2% (and even 2.5 on Celi), to no avail. "Can't do better than 1,6%". The games they play....

I pulled out everything I had. See ya later

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)