• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2010 10:32 pm
[OP]
Feb 7, 2010
39 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto

[IKEA] $20 christmas trees at ikea and coupon

was shopping yesterday at ikea north york and they've started selling their christmas trees.
real balsam fir for $20, and you get a coupon for $20 off on your purchase of $75 or more between january 2 to february 28.
these trees looked really good and full, and there were different sizes from 7ft to tall trees. its the cheapest i've come across so far in the city (canadian tire is selling theirs for $39, home depot i think was between $19-$49 and they didn't look all that great at homedepot).
wish i had my camera to take a photo, but i'll try and take a picture when i pick one up as soon as i get the van.
13 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
2344 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks op...was waiting for the Ikea tree! Now I gotta go buy the ornaments...
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2008
1408 posts
131 upvotes
what do you do with the trees once xmas is over? as in disposal..never bought a real one so im curious. firewood? lol
Dec 1, 2006
315 posts
33 upvotes
guessaaa wrote:
Nov 28th, 2010 5:18 am
Ikea trees actually last as well.
Let it dry out, store it into Spring, and light it on fire ... goes bye bye in a flash.

But seriously, look at your waste collection calendar and you will see a tree pick day. Usually first or second week of Jan.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2005
2619 posts
49 upvotes
guessaaa wrote:
Nov 28th, 2010 5:18 am
Ikea trees actually last as well.

+1 and are bigger/fuller than they look! been happy with ours the past couple of years.
Deal Addict
May 10, 2006
1097 posts
381 upvotes
Toronto
raptorfan wrote:
Nov 29th, 2010 10:20 am
+1 and are bigger/fuller than they look! been happy with ours the past couple of years.

How long does the tree usually last before the needles start to fall? My kids like to have a Christmas tree early but I'm not sure whether they will last til Christmas day. :)
Cable/Internet: $110+tax - Premier, Gigabit, PVR, HD Box
Home Phone: $0 since 2016 - Obi200/FPL with Google Voice (free call Can/US)
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2005
2619 posts
49 upvotes
jigsatics wrote:
Nov 29th, 2010 10:24 am
How long does the tree usually last before the needles start to fall? My kids like to have a Christmas tree early but I'm not sure whether they will last til Christmas day. :)
same with mine..i normally buy 2 weeks before, but last year we got first weekend in Dec and it lasted nicely!!
Mar 18, 2002
457 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Does Ikea restock, or once they gone, they are gone? I do not want to put one up yet, but I fear if I wait another 2 weeks, they will be gone.
Deal Guru
Nov 5, 2001
10798 posts
1338 upvotes
Edmonton
Best deal on a real xmas tree.

Bought ours every year from there since we moved into the house 6 years ago. Stock is always really good right up until the week before xmas. The tree should be good for 4+ weeks if you keep it watered well. Any longer and I would be concerned about it being a fire hazard. We keep ours from the second week of december to ukranian new years.

They usually get new stock every every week or so. You can easily spot the new trees with less snow/ice on them.

Skip the rip off street corner 'haggle on the price' lots.
Jan 24, 2009
721 posts
386 upvotes
Montreal
jigsatics wrote:
Nov 29th, 2010 10:24 am
Some tips for tree longevity:
  • You can keep the tree outside for a week or two before putting it up. It will keep just fine, and who wants a dead tree at Christmas?
  • It is very important to cut off about an inch from the bottom of the trunk before putting it in the stand.
  • The first couple of days the tree will drink a lot of water, you may have to fill the cup twice a day.
  • The first time you water the tree, dissolve 1/2 tsp of sugar in 1 - 1/2 cups of water before putting it in the cup.
[OP]
Feb 7, 2010
39 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
mbalgavy wrote:
Nov 29th, 2010 11:28 am
Does Ikea restock, or once they gone, they are gone? I do not want to put one up yet, but I fear if I wait another 2 weeks, they will be gone.

i picked up my tree today!!!! LOVE IT!!!! i asked the guys selling in the tree lot about their stock and they said that the lot gets deliveries 3 times a week, and the last delivery is next week. they get about 500-800 trees delivered each delivery, but the lot didn't look like it was jammed with trees so im assuming that they go fast at that price. they didn't have much more details b/c apparantely they're only helping sell trees adn dont actually work for ikea.

i also got my $20 coupon which is going towards a new entertainment unit in january!!! time to decorate with the family!