Real Estate

20% drop in new build price in one year

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 10th, 2020 6:21 pm
Oct 26, 2009
214 posts
50 upvotes
Oakville commute to Toronto Downtown is closer then Markham, Vaughn or Richmond. Lesser traffic as well.
Oct 26, 2009
214 posts
50 upvotes
callmebob wrote: I think you’re exactly right. I can’t imagine how those that bought - if any did - in Jan 2019 and paid top dollar almost $350K more than list price today a year later.

Do you think the builder is more fairly priced now, we $1.5M for a 3500 sqft new build in North Oakville? I feel they are especially when you consider limited resale inventory and those that are listed are $1.65M+.
wait for the new community comming up soon in Oakville by Mattamy, it will have nicer lots and more competitive prices.
Aug 21, 2017
195 posts
132 upvotes
Anecdotally 1 or 2 homes selling for more doesn't mean anything. Also I'm talking about 1M+ only.
nova_786 wrote: This Town house just sold for $929k and just a month ago their neighbor house sold for $50k less
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2017
1043 posts
836 upvotes
BC
nova_786 wrote: wait for the new community comming up soon in Oakville by Mattamy, it will have nicer lots and more competitive prices.
Offset by Mattamy, lol. It will even out.
Jul 2, 2018
317 posts
312 upvotes
nova_786 wrote: wait for the new community comming up soon in Oakville by Mattamy, it will have nicer lots and more competitive prices.
Helped 2 clients purchase homes through Mattamy and according to the sales rep there are a LOT of medical professionals purchasing in the area. Both of my clients were medical professionals as well.
The pricing is pretty decent especially when you look at resales, there are no better options at the moment.
Realtor + Investor
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
3799 posts
463 upvotes
nova_786 wrote: Oakville commute to Toronto Downtown is closer then Markham, Vaughn or Richmond. Lesser traffic as well.
The 5pm express train to Oakville gets there at 5:31. The 5:05pm train to Rutherford gets there at 5:36. I'm not a math wizard but that looks pretty similar.

And if you're not on an express train then hope you brought a book.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there. But it is still there... every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid.
Dec 19, 2010
986 posts
523 upvotes
RealtorInvestor wrote: Helped 2 clients purchase homes through Mattamy and according to the sales rep there are a LOT of medical professionals purchasing in the area. Both of my clients were medical professionals as well.
The pricing is pretty decent especially when you look at resales, there are no better options at the moment.
What are the prices like for 3500 sqft homes? I visited the Mattamy sales Centre but they were only discussing the preserve area, not the new area at 9th line/Dundas assuming that’s what you were referring to in your post.
Jan 15, 2013
459 posts
466 upvotes
Remington is building by Dundas and ninth line by the cemetery? Didn’t realize they started selling there. It’s a good location just off the highway. If you bought to stay I wouldn’t worry too much. Seems like what you paid is reasonable and in the long run you will be fine. It’s a good location IMO
callmebob wrote: What are the prices like for 3500 sqft homes? I visited the Mattamy sales Centre but they were only discussing the preserve area, not the new area at 9th line/Dundas assuming that’s what you were referring to in your post.
Dec 19, 2010
986 posts
523 upvotes
zsj495 wrote: Remington is building by Dundas and ninth line by the cemetery? Didn’t realize they started selling there. It’s a good location just off the highway. If you bought to stay I wouldn’t worry too much. Seems like what you paid is reasonable and in the long run you will be fine. It’s a good location IMO
I believe the 9th line Dundas area is future Mattamy development not Remington. Curious to know what 3500 sqft Mattamy homes will cost in that area? Preserve and East Preserve resale homes in that size are in the $1.6M+ range.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39339 posts
6342 upvotes
Winnipeg
nova_786 wrote: Oakville commute to Toronto Downtown is closer then Markham, Vaughn or Richmond. Lesser traffic as well.
How did that happen? Train rail by the lake?
Sep 19, 2019
82 posts
56 upvotes
callmebob wrote: I believe the 9th line Dundas area is future Mattamy development not Remington. Curious to know what 3500 sqft Mattamy homes will cost in that area? Preserve and East Preserve resale homes in that size are in the $1.6M+ range.
It will likely be starting at 1.5 and higher based on their previous releases. Than you have to factor in lot premiums.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2006
2496 posts
2740 upvotes
Toronto
Takes me 30 mins to drive (no rush hour) from Vaughan or 30 mins by train from Rutherford station, good luck getting in DT faster from Oakville
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2007
10206 posts
1465 upvotes
Mississauga
Mattamy in Oakville def has gone down in price but Milton (Hawthorne SMC) has gone up since I purchase in Aug 2018
RFD 43-0-0
Ebay 39-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Sep 16, 2009
693 posts
481 upvotes
ilim wrote: Takes me 30 mins to drive (no rush hour) from Vaughan or 30 mins by train from Rutherford station, good luck getting in DT faster from Oakville
This is getting silly.

I dont live in Oakville. But anyone who thinks Vaughan is easier to commute from is a bit delusional. When there is no rush hour, from oakville it would be quicker than from vaughan. In peak hour, oakville has express trains to union - which rutherford has less of. Also - have tried venturing near 400/401 or drive anywhere around vaughan in rush hour? its a total cluster you know what. Try driving from oakville, still bad - but you will see the difference.

Real estate prices are not always rationally based on location. Kleinburgh or new kleinburgh whatever that area is - is extremely high priced and higher than oakville but the location is horrible. You have to drive a good 20 mins before you even get to 427.
Last edited by oasis2002 on Feb 10th, 2020 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 16, 2009
693 posts
481 upvotes
oasis2002 wrote: This is getting silly.

I dont live in Oakville. But anyone who thinks Vaughan is easier to commute from is a bit delusional. When there is no rush hour, from oakville it would be quicker than from vaughan. In peak hour, oakville has express trains to union - which rutherford doesnt. Also - have tried venturing near 400/401 or drive anywhere around vaughan in rush hour? its a total cluster you know what. Try driving from oakville, still bad - but you will see the difference.

Real estate prices are not always rationally based on location. Kleinburgh or new kleinburgh whatever that area is - is extremely high priced and higher than oakville but the location is horrible. You have to drive a good 20 mins before you even get to 427.
Also to add, schools are NOT better. And for those that care, you are further from the lake - though of course half way to cottage country.
Aug 22, 2016
626 posts
408 upvotes
ilim wrote: Takes me 30 mins to drive (no rush hour) from Vaughan or 30 mins by train from Rutherford station, good luck getting in DT faster from Oakville
Totally agree.

Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton are like remote suburbs of GTA. I cant believe they want to sell 2 million dollar houses there. horrible situation of GTA, hope we continue to see more buyers in these areas at these prices to push prices up in GTA.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
On express trains that I've been on, it takes 28-30 minutes to get from Union to Oakville Go Station.

But rush hour will be the killer to DT from anywhere lol.

Go train fares are getting expensive but not a lot of choice for people working in DT.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2006
2496 posts
2740 upvotes
Toronto
oasis2002 wrote: This is getting silly.

I dont live in Oakville. But anyone who thinks Vaughan is easier to commute from is a bit delusional. When there is no rush hour, from oakville it would be quicker than from vaughan. In peak hour, oakville has express trains to union - which rutherford has less of. Also - have tried venturing near 400/401 or drive anywhere around vaughan in rush hour? its a total cluster you know what. Try driving from oakville, still bad - but you will see the difference.

Vaughan, specifically Rutherford station, does not need express train. Go train goes to union in 28 minutes with just 2 stops between and it is every 15 minutes I believe in busy hours.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
2926 posts
1499 upvotes
Express Go Trains from Oakville to Union Station.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)