Real Estate

20% drop in new build price in one year

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 10th, 2020 6:21 pm
Sep 19, 2019
56 posts
37 upvotes
callmebob wrote: I believe the 9th line Dundas area is future Mattamy development not Remington. Curious to know what 3500 sqft Mattamy homes will cost in that area? Preserve and East Preserve resale homes in that size are in the $1.6M+ range.
It will likely be starting at 1.5 and higher based on their previous releases. Than you have to factor in lot premiums.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2006
1917 posts
1914 upvotes
Toronto
nova_786 wrote: Oakville commute to Toronto Downtown is closer then Markham, Vaughn or Richmond. Lesser traffic as well.
Takes me 30 mins to drive (no rush hour) from Vaughan or 30 mins by train from Rutherford station, good luck getting in DT faster from Oakville
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
9494 posts
726 upvotes
Mississauga
Mattamy in Oakville def has gone down in price but Milton (Hawthorne SMC) has gone up since I purchase in Aug 2018
RFD 41-0-0
Ebay 31-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Sep 16, 2009
487 posts
299 upvotes
ilim wrote: Takes me 30 mins to drive (no rush hour) from Vaughan or 30 mins by train from Rutherford station, good luck getting in DT faster from Oakville
This is getting silly.

I dont live in Oakville. But anyone who thinks Vaughan is easier to commute from is a bit delusional. When there is no rush hour, from oakville it would be quicker than from vaughan. In peak hour, oakville has express trains to union - which rutherford has less of. Also - have tried venturing near 400/401 or drive anywhere around vaughan in rush hour? its a total cluster you know what. Try driving from oakville, still bad - but you will see the difference.

Real estate prices are not always rationally based on location. Kleinburgh or new kleinburgh whatever that area is - is extremely high priced and higher than oakville but the location is horrible. You have to drive a good 20 mins before you even get to 427.
Last edited by oasis2002 on Feb 10th, 2020 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 16, 2009
487 posts
299 upvotes
oasis2002 wrote: This is getting silly.

I dont live in Oakville. But anyone who thinks Vaughan is easier to commute from is a bit delusional. When there is no rush hour, from oakville it would be quicker than from vaughan. In peak hour, oakville has express trains to union - which rutherford doesnt. Also - have tried venturing near 400/401 or drive anywhere around vaughan in rush hour? its a total cluster you know what. Try driving from oakville, still bad - but you will see the difference.

Real estate prices are not always rationally based on location. Kleinburgh or new kleinburgh whatever that area is - is extremely high priced and higher than oakville but the location is horrible. You have to drive a good 20 mins before you even get to 427.
Also to add, schools are NOT better. And for those that care, you are further from the lake - though of course half way to cottage country.
Aug 22, 2016
248 posts
135 upvotes
ilim wrote: Takes me 30 mins to drive (no rush hour) from Vaughan or 30 mins by train from Rutherford station, good luck getting in DT faster from Oakville
Totally agree.

Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton are like remote suburbs of GTA. I cant believe they want to sell 2 million dollar houses there. horrible situation of GTA, hope we continue to see more buyers in these areas at these prices to push prices up in GTA.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
52736 posts
17509 upvotes
On express trains that I've been on, it takes 28-30 minutes to get from Union to Oakville Go Station.

But rush hour will be the killer to DT from anywhere lol.

Go train fares are getting expensive but not a lot of choice for people working in DT.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2006
1917 posts
1914 upvotes
Toronto
oasis2002 wrote: This is getting silly.

I dont live in Oakville. But anyone who thinks Vaughan is easier to commute from is a bit delusional. When there is no rush hour, from oakville it would be quicker than from vaughan. In peak hour, oakville has express trains to union - which rutherford has less of. Also - have tried venturing near 400/401 or drive anywhere around vaughan in rush hour? its a total cluster you know what. Try driving from oakville, still bad - but you will see the difference.

Vaughan, specifically Rutherford station, does not need express train. Go train goes to union in 28 minutes with just 2 stops between and it is every 15 minutes I believe in busy hours.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
2287 posts
645 upvotes
nova_786 wrote: Oakville commute to Toronto Downtown is closer then Markham, Vaughn or Richmond. Lesser traffic as well.
Express Go Trains from Oakville to Union Station.