• Last Updated:
  • Feb 5th, 2018 8:13 pm
[OP]
Jan 4, 2013
578 posts
117 upvotes
TORONTO

20 townhouses sold out in 2 hours in Milton today

i went to Milton today for townhouse release, 20 gone in 2 hours.

Someone who got ticket #63 was crying and making some motions. People were lining up from Thursday!

This morning's line up did not have any Asian faces. The entire story of foreign buyer looked to be the biggest joke in the history of Ontario! All Canadian buyers I suppose.

Ontario government who attacks real-estate market is really committing a big crime. FREE ECONOMY! NO government control!!!!! It hurt Canadians!
Once we let foreign buyers back to Ontario, the real-estate market will be a wonderland again!

Let foreigners back to Ontario!

Please also implement vacancy tax! And discard anti-foreign buyer law! Foreign buyers helps Canadian economy! We should say a big thank-you to them! We owe them an apology!
18 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
11259 posts
9750 upvotes
Not bad. That’s one sold every 6 minutes Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Winking Eye

And considering how cold it was yesterday and today that’s pretty good lol I guess demand still there.
Last edited by Sanyo on Feb 3rd, 2018 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Feb 22, 2011
10436 posts
12956 upvotes
Toronto
Yea I am curious to see jan and feb numbers, I have noticed a lot of high end sales too. After 8 months my boss was finally able to sell her $1.7m condo in Liberty a couple weeks ago.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
4381 posts
1111 upvotes
Hamilton
gimegime wrote: i went to Milton today for townhouse release, 20 gone in 2 hours.

Someone who got ticket #63 was crying and making some motions. People were lining up from Thursday!

This morning's line up did not have any Asian faces. The entire story of foreign buyer looked to be the biggest joke in the history of Ontario! All Canadian buyers I suppose.

Ontario government who attacks real-estate market is really committing a big crime. FREE ECONOMY! NO government control!!!!! It hurt Canadians!
Once we let foreign buyers back to Ontario, the real-estate market will be a wonderland again!

Let foreigners back to Ontario!

Please also implement vacancy tax! And discard anti-foreign buyer law! Foreign buyers helps Canadian economy! We should say a big thank-you to them! We owe them an apology!
The problem is how it is regulated and how tax is collected on sales/type of sales.
Also, no real checks on WHERE this money is coming from like there is for us locals. ( laundering)
You are saying F the nay sayers because they are sick (us locals)... GO VALEANT
Sep 9, 2014
591 posts
536 upvotes
Vancouver
Yeah but these townhomes likely sold for 20% less than last April, right? RE is crashing!!! /s
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2010
1189 posts
1391 upvotes
Toronto
So if the houses sold out so quickly to "Canadians" why do we need to get rid of foreign buyer restrictions?
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1808 posts
776 upvotes
Mississauga
BryanBreguet wrote: Yeah but these townhomes likely sold for 20% less than last April, right? RE is crashing!!! /s
Maybe in vancouver, not in GTA
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2016
3747 posts
3253 upvotes
Finally someone who agrees with me on this racist foreign tax.
Deal Guru
Feb 29, 2008
14601 posts
10843 upvotes
DaMan12 wrote: So if the houses sold out so quickly to "Canadians" why do we need to get rid of foreign buyer restrictions?
Because they are the boogeyman cooked up by the media and the silly public. This foreign tax has always been bogus and is rooted in racism IMO.

Most of the investors are Canadian.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2007
3390 posts
3720 upvotes
Toronto
Explain how it's racist...
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
9934 posts
9632 upvotes
Markham
The demand for real estate is still out there, it's just uncertain right now. As soon as the market gets its confidence back, you're gonna see crazy again.

You can easily see this at the crazy low vacancy rates, sky high rents, sky high demand for condos, sky high demand for new builts... etc..
Aug 15, 2013
825 posts
410 upvotes
Guelph
DaMan12 wrote: So if the houses sold out so quickly to "Canadians" why do we need to get rid of foreign buyer restrictions?
Coz OP is a flipper and needs to realize 20% yoy gains.
Oct 17, 2007
464 posts
105 upvotes
Mississauga
The people standing in line could be doing so on behalf of another buyer/agent, so checking the faces of the actual people on-site may not accurately reflect the real buyer. If they're also the ones signing the legal documents once they choose their unit, then at that point you can be more confident they'll be the future resident/owner (of course, they could be flipping as well).

I was in a similar lineup (this was way back in 2006), and it made sense to pay a student on their summer break ~$500-$1000 to lineup for 3-4 days. The real buyer can just show up before the sale goes live and take their place.
Deal Guru
Feb 29, 2008
14601 posts
10843 upvotes
joepipe wrote: Explain how it's racist...
The face of the foreign buyer boogeyman has been Indians, Chinese and Iranians for the most part. I believe Canadians look at these people and automatically assume they are foreigners when they could potentially be Canadian. Also feel that there is some nationalism at play here. Foreigners coming to the country buying up everything and making things harder for Joe Blow, Johnny Canuck.

So beyond that, the foreign tax is basically pacifying the Canadians who don't know what they're talking about and just want to cry. Just like the rent limits. It's all about votes. Most of the investors I see are CANADIANS. So the foreign investor tax is complete nonsense.
[OP]
Jan 4, 2013
578 posts
117 upvotes
TORONTO
Totally agree with you!

Foreign tax hurt Canadian who loves multiculturalism severely!

I can accept vacancy tax, but never foreign buyer tax, It discriminates minority Canadians who like to live in multi-culture areas like Brampton, Markham, Richmond Hill, Aurora, Newmarket. It hurts residents who live in multi-cultural areas severely!

JayLove06 wrote: The face of the foreign buyer boogeyman has been Indians, Chinese and Iranians for the most part. I believe Canadians look at these people and automatically assume they are foreigners when they could potentially be Canadian. Also feel that there is some nationalism at play here. Foreigners coming to the country buying up everything and making things harder for Joe Blow, Johnny Canuck.

So beyond that, the foreign tax is basically pacifying the Canadians who don't know what they're talking about and just want to cry. Just like the rent limits. It's all about votes. Most of the investors I see are CANADIANS. So the foreign investor tax is complete nonsense.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
9037 posts
10357 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
gimegime wrote: Totally agree with you!

Foreign tax hurt Canadian who loves multiculturalism severely!

I can accept vacancy tax, but never foreign buyer tax, It discriminates minority Canadians who like to live in multi-culture areas like Brampton, Markham, Richmond Hill, Aurora, Newmarket. It hurts residents who live in multi-cultural areas severely!
Your post hurts people who love spelling and grammar.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15193 posts
4943 upvotes
Here 'n There
Watch them all cry and demand price protection when the price is 20% less next year! Not saying it will be but if it is then the tissue boxes come out and they whine how unjust it is that the risk is not someone else's!
Oct 19, 2016
650 posts
205 upvotes
Toronto
Many studies have shown that foreign buyers are only a tiny fraction of GTA real estate buyers.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2745 posts
1968 upvotes
eonibm wrote: Watch them all cry and demand price protection when the price is 20% less next year! Not saying it will be but if it is then the tissue boxes come out and they whine how unjust it is that the risk is not someone else's!
+1
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you