Apr 12, 2012
1575 posts
498 upvotes
Toronto

$200 Intro Offer Simplii No Fee Account

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Simplii
New clients can earn up to $200*. Open a No Fee Chequing Account today.

It's simple. With a no-fee chequing account, you get free daily banking.
No monthly fees with no minimum balance
Free daily banking: unlimited debit purchases, bill payments & withdrawals
Send money for free with Interac e-Transfer®
Free access to over 3,400 CIBC ATMs across Canada

New clients can earn up to $200 in cash*. Here's how:
Open a new No Fee Chequing Account before January 31, 2019.

$100
Get $100 when you set up and receive two eligible payroll or pension direct deposits to your No Fee Chequing Account.

Plus

Complete one or more of the following activities for up to a maximum of $100. All activities must be completed within 3 months following the month your No Fee Chequing Account is opened. Other terms and conditions apply.

$25
Get $25 each time you set up and complete a recurring eligible pre-authorized bill payment to a qualifying payee.
$25
Get $25 when you add your Simplii debit card to Apple Pay®, Samsung Pay® or Google PayTM.
$25
Get $25 if you register for Interac e-Transfer Autodeposit.
Last edited by TomRFD on Sep 17th, 2018 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
95 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
3168 posts
997 upvotes
Global Village
Full terms

*The up to $200 Cash Reward Offer (the “Offer”) begins on September 17, 2018, at 12:01 am (ET) and continues until January 31, 2019, at 11:59 pm (ET) (the “Offer Period”). “Eligible Accounts” are Simplii FinancialTM No Fee Chequing Accounts opened during the Offer Period. “Eligible Customers” are customers who have no existing banking relationship with Simplii and open an Eligible Account as the primary account holder. Each Eligible Customer may receive up to a $200 cash reward if they complete one or more of the qualifying transactions set out in Parts 1 and 2 within the 3 months following the month the first Eligible Account was opened:

Part 1 - Receive $100

Set up a payroll or pension direct deposit into an Eligible Account and complete 2 payroll or pension direct deposit transactions to receive a $100 cash reward per Eligible Customer across all Eligible Accounts.

Part 2 - Receive up to a maximum of $100 by completing one or more of the following activities/transactions:

Set up and complete one or more eligible Automatic Bill Payments and recurring online/mobile Pay Bills from an Eligible Account (a “Transaction”) and receive $25 per Transaction. Minimum transaction amount of $10 per Transaction. The following are eligible Automatic Bill Payments and recurring online/mobile Pay Bills:
Utility bills
Monthly payment lines, loans, mortgages, insurance, credit cards
Lease/rent
Membership fees
Property tax
Income tax
Childcare fees
Register the Simplii Financial bank card that is linked to an Eligible Account for Mobile Wallet through either Apple Pay®, Google PayTM or Samsung Pay® to receive $25. Cash reward is limited to $25 per Eligible Customer across all Eligible Accounts.
Register for Interac e-Transfer® Autodeposit on Simplii Financial online banking or mobile app to receive $25. Cash reward is limited to $25 per Eligible Customer across all Eligible Accounts.
All qualifying Eligible Customers will receive the cash reward(s) into an Eligible Account that is active and in good standing, in the 4th month following the month the first Eligible Account was opened. In the event the Eligible Customer has more than one Eligible Account, the cash reward will be paid into the Eligible Account with the most recent transaction date.

The Offer is non-transferable and cannot be combined with any other offers. The recipient of this award is solely responsible for any tax consequences associated with their receipt of the cash. Offer open only to Canadian residents who have reached the age of majority.

Simplii Financial reserves the right to cancel or change the terms of the Offer at any time, for any reason, and to revoke the Offer for any customer who appears to be manipulating or abusing the Offer, or is engaged in any suspicious/fraudulent activity. The Offer is subject to the terms and conditions of the Products and Services Agreement.
All day I dream about sports
Apr 5, 2016
557 posts
1005 upvotes
BC
I don't think very many RFD members will qualify for this.
"2 payroll or pension direct deposit"
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1021 posts
3162 upvotes
User-friendly requirements:

1. Have never had any accounts/relationship with Simplii
  2. Open a Chequing Account (Savings not required)
  3. Within 3 mo: Setup payroll or pension deposit - TWO deposits required ($100 bonus paid)
  4. Within 3 mo: Setup at least TWO automatic bill payments in Online Banking to pay off credit card, utility bill, mortgage, etc ($25 each)*
  5. Within 3 mo: Setup eTransfer auto deposit (optional, $25)
  6. Within 3 mo: Setup Apple Pay, Google Pay, or Samsung Pay with your debit card (optional, $25)

Note: The reason 5 & 6 are OPTIONAL is because a person could set up FOUR automatic bill payments (#4) and receive the full $100 additional bonus without setting up eTransfer or Mobile Payment - you can also do a combination of options, but will only receive a max of $100 additional bonus.

Note 2: A soft credit check is required when opening this account, per CIBC standard - this occurs REGARDLESS of choosing Overdraft support or not. I chose no overdraft and still had the soft hit.
Last edited by Leverage on Sep 17th, 2018 3:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2012
1214 posts
552 upvotes
EDMONTON
Need to jump through too many hoops and hurdles to get the $200
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
1575 posts
498 upvotes
Toronto
ChiliPalmer wrote:
Sep 17th, 2018 3:06 pm
I don't think very many RFD members will qualify for this.
"2 payroll or pension direct deposit"
I think they mean 2 deposits so if you are biweekly you should qualify within a month.
Sep 19, 2012
265 posts
132 upvotes
Kitchener
My wife and I are looking to setup a join account soon, wondering if this is worth it or maybe we should go with Tangerine instead?
Dec 22, 2017
33 posts
20 upvotes
If only Simplii offered a referral bonus like Tangerine. Still a very worthwhile offer.
Apr 5, 2016
557 posts
1005 upvotes
BC
zobi123 wrote:
Sep 17th, 2018 3:13 pm
I think they mean 2 deposits so if you are biweekly you should qualify within a month.
Ahhh yes, that makes more sense.
Aug 24, 2018
83 posts
64 upvotes
gawd this is a lot steps and hooks! Better off with STACK lol
Dec 4, 2008
799 posts
351 upvotes
Be careful, when I opened up my accounts with then-President's Choice Financial, I had a hard pull on my credit... I suspect the rep signed me up for overdraft (or maybe the form had it hidden somewhere and I missed it).

Soft check is required like someone else mentioned, you can 100% decline a hard check though. Don't let the reps fool you into thinking otherwise.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
4736 posts
858 upvotes
do pulls from tangerine count as PADs? tia
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10pro w/radeon rx460 rogers 500u @$24.99 using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
4547 posts
2951 upvotes
Toronto
Sounds like way too much trouble for $100, two eligible payroll or pension direct deposits.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)