Expired Hot Deals

[2001 Audio Video] Hisense 65H9808 Smart 4K LED TV With WCG & Local Dimming $798 W/FS or In Store in ON W/FS

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2020 1:11 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 3, 2009
10169 posts
4325 upvotes
Toronto

[2001 Audio Video] Hisense 65H9808 Smart 4K LED TV With WCG & Local Dimming $798 W/FS or In Store in ON W/FS

2001 Audio Video in Southern Ontario has the Hisense 65H9808 Smart 4K LED TV on clearance for $798 in store or online with free shipping. Not too much information available about this one, but it does have advanced features like a Wide Color Gamut and Local Dimming.
This does not seem to be similar to the H9F, it seems closer to the H8F or in Canada the H8809.
Although they do appear to free ship these anywhere in Canada, I would not recommend shipping these cross country, unless you are really sure that you want this and are going to keep it, since I believe you would have to pay return shipping for non defective returns.
Maybe you can use this for a local price match if located elsewhere though.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.
12 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
26284 posts
6545 upvotes
Yeah like what TV is this? H9F = Q9809... This one also ends in and 8 so it's a 2018 model. It seems more similar to H9E Plus but it's not that either since it's silver.

Has the following notes:
-Edgelit w/LD not FALD (spec sheet does say "ELED" so pretty sure it's edgelit).
-Interestingly, 2001 says it's a 60Hz panel but the spec sheet explicity says "native 120Hz panel".
-The spec page says it's Vidaa OS, but the spec sheet says it's Android TV? Reviews mention it is Android though.

Doesn't seem that impressive, IMO; Hisense prior to MY19 aren't all that impressive in general.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
26284 posts
6545 upvotes
DiceMan wrote: This appears to be the Canadian model of the H9E Plus.
That's what I thought too but this TV is all silver whereas the H9E Plus is not. It could just be cosmetics though?

Also why is the H9E Plus...a "Plus"? Was there ever a regular edition? Lol cause it doesn't seem like it.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
6053 posts
3975 upvotes
Kitchener
I've actually been quite impressed by my new Hisense 70R6209. Not sure how much I should expect from a $750 70" TV? I'd say that Hisense is the best value in a large screen TV right now.
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 3, 2009
10169 posts
4325 upvotes
Toronto
Rob_EV wrote: I've actually been quite impressed by my new Hisense 70R6209. Not sure how much I should expect from a $750 70" TV? I'd say that Hisense is the best value in a large screen TV right now.
Subjectively, it seems like the R6 models have fewer issues than the more expensive models. Maybe we just had lower expectations, but it seems like a lot of us bought these with low expectations and were pleasantly surprised.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 3, 2009
10169 posts
4325 upvotes
Toronto
DiceMan wrote: This appears to be the Canadian model of the H9E Plus. walmart-hisense-55h9908-55-h9908-uled-l ... b-2293982/

Rtings review (7.6): https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/hisense/h9e-plus

If I had some extra bucks I might opt for the H8F (H8809 Canada) or H9F models.
ES_Revenge wrote: That's what I thought too but this TV is all silver whereas the H9E Plus is not. It could just be cosmetics though?

Also why is the H9E Plus...a "Plus"? Was there ever a regular edition? Lol cause it doesn't seem like it.
I think it is the 65H9E or 65H9080E. It looks like the E has the Vidaa U OS and the E Plus an Android OS.
As strange as it may seem, it appears that it is edge lit, but with local dimming. I read something that alluded to their being vertical bands of local dimming zones. Which seems like an odd choice in design, if accurate.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.
Member
Nov 20, 2017
323 posts
250 upvotes
I love the people that down vote and never explain their reasoning. This seems like a good deal

Has there been any QLEDs of this size at this price lately ?
Don't go broke saving
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 3, 2009
10169 posts
4325 upvotes
Toronto
Jordanferras wrote: I love the people that down vote and never explain their reasoning. This seems like a good deal

Has there been any QLEDs of this size at this price lately ?
The Hisense 65Q8809 was $897 for a while at Costco, but it is back up in price now.
The non Quantum dot, TCL 65R613CA is also back in stock online at Costco for $899. Not really much of a hot deal, at that price, but it is a wildly popular choice if you are looking for inexpensive premium performance. It hasn't been available at all at Costco for a while.

Big +1 on the blind downvotes. A little info on their reasoning couldn't hurt.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.
Newbie
Feb 27, 2019
7 posts
13 upvotes
idiotcanuck wrote: The Hisense 65Q8809 was $897 for a while at Costco, but it is back up in price now.
The non Quantum dot, TCL 65R613CA is also back in stock online at Costco for $899. Not really much of a hot deal, at that price, but it is a wildly popular choice if you are looking for inexpensive premium performance. It hasn't been available at all at Costco for a while.

Big +1 on the blind downvotes. A little info on their reasoning couldn't hurt.
What's considered a hot deal price wise for the TCL 65R613CA?
Newbie
Mar 1, 2019
50 posts
74 upvotes
Rdizo7 wrote: What's considered a hot deal price wise for the TCL 65R613CA?
I think the cheapest I've seen it is around $899
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 3, 2009
10169 posts
4325 upvotes
Toronto
Rdizo7 wrote: What's considered a hot deal price wise for the TCL 65R613CA?
$899 online has been pretty standard pricing at Costco for the 65", when it is even in stock.
Stores cleared out totally in the fall, there were some isolated final store clearance units at $520 I think.
Not many got them at that price. $899 shipped is not a bad price considering the features, and Costcos 90 day return/5 year warranty, but it isn't exactly hot.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)