• Jun 14th, 2016 6:56 pm
[OP]
Feb 20, 2014
134 posts
49 upvotes
Ottawa

2007 civic ex price

HI

I am looking at 2007 civic ex that was sold at auction. The dealer told that the car has not accident title, however the car had damage on front right. No Airbags were deployed. The dealer fixes and sells cars. The car has about 170k kms.

Location - Ottawa.

Can you guys advice what should i offer for the car ?

I am not sure how much the car goes on auctions? I am assuming the fixing up cost was below 800$.

Thanks
4 replies
Apr 25, 2016
144 posts
53 upvotes
Ontario
You should first look at the CarProof to give you a better idea of the car's history & any info the dealer isn't disclosing.

It wouldn't hurt calling your insurance company to find out whether or not they'll insure that 2007 Civic EX.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2009
2478 posts
507 upvotes
TO
I traded in my 07 EX for my ISF last year and it had 190k km on it - it had a $900 claim and was in decent shape. I got $3500 for the trade-in. It was worth $4500-5K on a used lot last year. I wouldn't pay much more than 3500 for the car above in question.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2013
2649 posts
1895 upvotes
Markham
Before you do anything, get this vehicle inspected by an independent mechanic. Never take the dealer's word, you must verify. It helps if you're there to see it for yourself while its getting inspected. The moment the vehicle is lifted, it should tell the vehicle's true history and either make you feel confident in the purchase of the vehicle or show you the vehicle's deficiencies and allow you to walk away from a money pit. Carproof and carfax will only give you information that has been reported, if it wasn't reported it won't be disclosed.