• Last Updated:
  • Dec 24th, 2009 10:53 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10535 posts
3141 upvotes

2009 Chevrolet Uplander mini-van $14,998 cash - HOT

Saw in the Toronto Star today, GM is advertising the Uplander at a new cash price of $14,998.

Includes:

3.9L 240hp V6
Full traction control
StabiliTrak stability control
4-wheel disc brakes with ABS
Power windows/ locks/ mirrors
Keyless entry
Air conditioning
CD stereo
On Star Communications
7 passenger seating
5 year power train warranty, roadside assist and courtesy transportation

Mileage 8.5L/100km highway or 33 MPG. 13.1L/100 city or 22 MPG.

It says "Limited Time Offer"... for whatever it's worth.

Pretty hot deal for a basic van!! My wife has one for her business and it's been great, zero problems so far.
689 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2005
1614 posts
171 upvotes
What if GM goes bankrupt? :o
Will the warranty be void? :confused:
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10535 posts
3141 upvotes
fordtaurus wrote: I saw 13998 ads on "Sun" last couple of days
Wow nice!

Ya.. it's a GM corporate ad so dealer's can sell for less. Negotiate a deal!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10535 posts
3141 upvotes
chuckfredgoose wrote: What if GM goes bankrupt? :o
Will the warranty be void? :confused:
Won't happen, U.S. government won't let it.

That said, even if it did the warranty would be valid as bankruptcy just affects creditors, not customers.
Penalty Box
Dec 28, 2004
788 posts
91 upvotes
Montreal
Geeez, even at 9,995$ people would mention the warranty factor. You can put the whole family and more in a new 2009 car for only 15000$.
Great deal if you ask me.
Oct 8, 2007
127 posts
5 upvotes
I heard a news story (The National) the other night about GM going bankrupt and would owners warranty still be valid if they filed. I was surprised to find out the warranty is handled by an insurance policy and that all owners would still be covered.

I would do more research prior to buying to get the details though.
Jun 5, 2008
470 posts
17 upvotes
Ottawa
bmm34 wrote: I heard a news story (The National) the other night about GM going bankrupt and would owners warranty still be valid if they filed. I was surprised to find out the warranty is handled by an insurance policy and that all owners would still be covered.

I would do more research prior to buying to get the details though.
A warranty is only as good as the ability to take advantage of it. If to many GM dealerships close, you could be looking at traveling a very long way to a dealership who is at overcapacity since there is no where else to go.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10535 posts
3141 upvotes
Sansul wrote: A warranty is only as good as the ability to take advantage of it. If to many GM dealerships close, you could be looking at traveling a very long way to a dealership who is at overcapacity since there is no where else to go.
Most dealerships are profitable, they make all their money in the back at the garage.

You can speculate on the doom gloom scenario but GM is not going away and most dealers will survive.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2005
1614 posts
171 upvotes
vazilioz wrote: Geeez, even at 9,995$ people would mention the warranty factor. You can put the whole family and more in a new 2009 car for only 15000$.
Great deal if you ask me.
Remember: Freight/PDI, Admission Fee, Gas Tax, and PPSA (unless vehicle has to be paid in full prior to delivery). Not to mention PST and GST (no PST if the deal is available in Alberta.)

How much would this deal be then :?:
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2005
1614 posts
171 upvotes
kool1 wrote: Most dealerships are profitable, they make all their money in the back at the garage.

You can speculate on the doom gloom scenario but GM is not going away and most dealers will survive.
Is it possible for a GM and Chrysler merge? Will the US Government allow this to happen?
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2003
1435 posts
2823 upvotes
Scarborough
kool1 wrote: Saw in the Toronto Star today, GM is advertising the Uplander at a new cash price of $14,998.

Includes:

3.9L 240hp V6
Full traction control
StabiliTrak stability control
4-wheel disc brakes with ABS
Power windows/ locks/ mirrors
Keyless entry
Air conditioning
CD stereo
On Star Communications
7 passenger seating
5 year power train warranty, roadside assist and courtesy transportation

Mileage 8.5L/100km highway or 33 MPG. 13.1L/100 city or 22 MPG.

It says "Limited Time Offer"... for whatever it's worth.

Pretty hot deal for a basic van!! My wife has one for her business and it's been great, zero problems so far.
You have to remember that these advertised prices never include all the additional fees and taxes, such as freight & PDI, admin fee, AC tax, silly charges like VIN etching and locking wheel nuts and nitrogen gas tires, registration fees and of course GST+PST.

Just keep in mind that your on-the-road price is likely going be at least $19,000.
May 18, 2006
994 posts
24 upvotes
chuckfredgoose wrote: Remember: Freight/PDI, Admission Fee, Gas Tax, and PPSA (unless vehicle has to be paid in full prior to delivery). Not to mention PST and GST (no PST if the deal is available in Alberta.)

Damn! They make you pay to get in?
That's cold!
:(
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10535 posts
3141 upvotes
freebie wrote: You have to remember that these advertised prices never include all the additional fees and taxes, such as freight & PDI, admin fee, AC tax, silly charges like VIN etching and locking wheel nuts and nitrogen gas tires, registration fees and of course GST+PST.

Just keep in mind that your on-the-road price is likely going be at least $19,000.
We were charged tax, $1250 freight, $100 air tax, $75 federal gas tax, and our admin fee of $350 (included etching). That's it.

So ya.. $19K max but any new car has these charges.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7408 posts
642 upvotes
Toronto
chuckfredgoose wrote: Remember: Freight/PDI, Admission Fee, Gas Tax, and PPSA (unless vehicle has to be paid in full prior to delivery). Not to mention PST and GST (no PST if the deal is available in Alberta.)

It'll be the same deal, as these fees apply to EVERY new car.