Students

2009 Fall University Acceptance

[OP]
Dec 1, 2007
17 posts
Toronto, Ontario, Ca…

2009 Fall University Acceptance

So I'm sure some of you are already being accepted into universities. Care to share which universities have accepted you, the conditions on official acceptance and your marks?

BTW... I have applied to Mathematics at Waterloo, Western and UofT
119 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
1471 posts
39 upvotes
Markham
If your Grade 11 marks are solid then you will get an early acceptance to the universities you apply for in Feb or early March based on competition.

Had a friend who applied to Mechatronics Engineering @ loo and got early acceptance in February because of his good grades from grade 11. Its conditional as long as you maintain the same grades for grade 12.
Jul 8, 2008
8 posts
Canada
omchow wrote: Had a friend who applied to Mechatronics Engineering @ loo and got early acceptance in February because of his good grades from grade 11. .
Did he have like 100% in grade 11? haha. I didn't even know eng. had early acceptance at a competitive place like UW.
Jan 12, 2008
150 posts
4 upvotes
http://www.bulletin.uwaterloo.ca/2008/dec/22mo.html wrote: Hundreds of Ontario high school students have already been offered admission to UW for September 2009, while thousands more are anxiously studying websites and brochures this month as the main application deadline draws near.
lucky ontario high school students
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
44384 posts
4974 upvotes
Richmond Hill
MiguelH wrote: Did he have like 100% in grade 11? haha. I didn't even know eng. had early acceptance at a competitive place like UW.
They do, but never heard of it happening in February.

All my friends who had early acceptances in engineering, myself included, received them mid-March last year.
Artisan woodworker crafting live edge tables, end grain cutting boards, and other home decor
Silver Coins | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio | Heatware
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
1471 posts
39 upvotes
Markham
Jon Lai wrote: They do, but never heard of it happening in February.

All my friends who had early acceptances in engineering, myself included, received them mid-March last year.
Ya I was surprised to, I got mines in mid-March as well, but then again he was an outstanding student who had exceptional grades and did a lot of extracurricular activities in computers and electronics.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
44384 posts
4974 upvotes
Richmond Hill
omchow wrote: Ya I was surprised to, I got mines in mid-March as well, but then again he was an outstanding student who had exceptional grades and did a lot of extracurricular activities in computers and electronics.
Thing is I thought they didn't even start looking at applications until March.
Artisan woodworker crafting live edge tables, end grain cutting boards, and other home decor
Silver Coins | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio | Heatware
Jul 8, 2008
8 posts
Canada
Jon Lai wrote: Thing is I thought they didn't even start looking at applications until March.
Maybe it was because Mechatronics was new program when he applied, and so they didn't have as many applicants to look over? I dunno.
[OP]
Dec 1, 2007
17 posts
Toronto, Ontario, Ca…
http://www.bulletin.uwaterloo.ca/2008/dec/22mo.html

omg... ppl have been accepted @loo already! So jealous, it's my first choice... so here's to crossing fingers. I thought early acceptance meant end of January, or early Feb. Wow... anyways... ppl care to tell what they're applying too (which was the point of the thread)... or if they are one of those luck waterloo-ers. XD
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
1471 posts
39 upvotes
Markham
clairedubaer wrote: http://www.bulletin.uwaterloo.ca/2008/dec/22mo.html

omg... ppl have been accepted @loo already! So jealous, it's my first choice... so here's to crossing fingers. I thought early acceptance meant end of January, or early Feb. Wow... anyways... ppl care to tell what they're applying too (which was the point of the thread)... or if they are one of those luck waterloo-ers. XD
Ya Waterloo is pretty fast with the applications especially early acceptances. Back when I was in highschool in Toronto, had a friend who was in gr 12 with me and got an early acceptance into Software Engineering. His marks were really good to and he took ICS3M1 just the previous semester (a recommend course by loo for software) and he got in, mainly that he got 100% in the course.

U of T is pretty late with applications like that was my last acceptance letter I got, very few ppl I know got early acceptances. Their kinda strict on courses and stuff like no repeat courses and all.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2007
4389 posts
272 upvotes
Toronto
MiguelH wrote: Did he have like 100% in grade 11? haha. I didn't even know eng. had early acceptance at a competitive place like UW.
My marks werent even that great.. and I got accepted into Mac in feb, UW/Queens/UT in march for Mech. Engineering. My
#KeepFightingMichael
Jan 31, 2009
9 posts
Well, I've applied to Ryerson and U of T for Mech. Engineering. Lets c wht happens :D
[OP]
Dec 1, 2007
17 posts
Toronto, Ontario, Ca…
bump...

lol... ppl should be getting offers 'bout now... xD
Nov 4, 2007
250 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
Different schools offer acceptances at different times. As mentioned ut is a snail, loo is prolly the fastest, got accepted in january last year, followed by western
Dec 27, 2006
155 posts
Got accepted to Western Health Sciences last week.

Applied to:

Mac health sci
queens sci
waterloo sysde
mcgill civil eng
western health sci