• Last Updated:
  • Sep 27th, 2018 11:54 pm
[OP]
Mar 7, 2017
279 posts
79 upvotes

2010 Honda accord Camshaft

Hi guys.
Had a question about a certain issue, I don't know much about cars but recently I was honored warrenty work that's covered by Honda Canada to fix pistons that was burning oil, now they pulled apart the engine to find out that the camshaft and some belt has wear and tear. Cost to repair that is around $1000ish including labor as they already disassembled the engine already. My question is that a reasonable price to pay, and also is this also know as the timing belt? Sorry for my ignorance.
2 replies
Feb 7, 2017
83 posts
60 upvotes
The 8th gen accord is a K24 engine which has no timing belt rather a timing chain. The only belt is the serpentine belt If I’m not mistaken which is a 20$-40$ part. The camshaft I have no idea about but the price does seem excessive since they are billing honda Canada for the labour. Technically this job should only be billed for parts. I wonder if the dealer is double dipping on warranty work and charging you labour at the same time.
[OP]
Mar 7, 2017
279 posts
79 upvotes
MOBB416 wrote: The 8th gen accord is a K24 engine which has no timing belt rather a timing chain. The only belt is the serpentine belt If I’m not mistaken which is a 20$-40$ part. The camshaft I have no idea about but the price does seem excessive since they are billing honda Canada for the labour. Technically this job should only be billed for parts. I wonder if the dealer is double dipping on warranty work and charging you labour at the same time.
Sorry, I think I meant to say was that the labor that is covered by Honda Canada is only for the pistons and rings job. The camshaft issue would not be covered by Honda canada,