2010 Nissan Altima 2.5s...Should I buy?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 10th, 2013 9:34 pm
May 6, 2011
220 posts
11 upvotes
Scarborough

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5s...Should I buy?

What is your thoughts on this 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5s? I know it is a base model with no leather, sunroof, bose...but I guess it is no big deal. It is a one owner car and I noticed that CVT is loud. Thoughts on the dealership? car?

http://www.ajaxnissan.com/used/Nissan/2 ... 84a68f.htm

I managed to get the price down to 12.6k with alloy wheels thrown in to replace the ugly hub caps.
5 replies
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10538 posts
11427 upvotes
Toronto
Carproof checks out?

Here's a little trick to check if your car was repaired despite having no carproof record.

Go for the seams!!!

Any aftermarket fix, even those fixed at real nissan dealers, with respect to any form of body work... results to uneven seams. Check the seams across the car, focusing on the area where sheet metal meet and you can see whether the right side matches the left side, or the top matches the bottom in width.

If both of these check out, get a mechanic to look at it... ask for a service record... ask how many owners..

the price is good. the CVT is uninspiring but the car is solid.
Jan 17, 2011
224 posts
13 upvotes
Nissan is a good car. I own a maxima. Depending on what comes with the car beside what you have posted, I think the price could be $1000 cheaper yet! dont forget 2014 models are coming out soon which makes 2010 four years old. I have a friend that has his own dealership and I know these guys specially bigger dealers wont make a deal unless there is at least $3000 profit.
That said, if you really like the car and you have done your work about car shopping, I say go for it.
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22438 posts
3065 upvotes
I've had few Nissans, overall happy with them

You might want to go private sale route. Better deal / higher trim level but a little more work on your end
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2012
1468 posts
68 upvotes
Edmonton
Personally I prefer the accord coupe. Much better built quality, looks, so on.
May 6, 2011
220 posts
11 upvotes
Scarborough
Thanks for the information everyone

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)