• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2020 7:19 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Oct 16, 2018
112 posts
52 upvotes

2011 Audi A8

Guys, so I'm thinking of purchasing it. Anyone own one? It's the updated A8 before the current style. For a 2011 the interior is a dream. Better than the current a6 and A4. Your thoughts?
26 replies
Feb 2, 2020
32 posts
22 upvotes
Lookingfordeals911 wrote: Guys, so I'm thinking of purchasing it. Anyone own one? It's the updated A8 before the current style. For a 2011 the interior is a dream. Better than the current a6 and A4. Your thoughts?
Not sure if I would call the interior a dream any more. The past few years have been the most prominent in decades from a User Experience standpoint when it comes to infotainment and digital dashboard technology. After you've daily driven a car with a digital dash and crisp touchscreen displays, going back to analog dials and scroll wheels will feel like you're back in the stone ages.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
33995 posts
19844 upvotes
Ottawa
8yr old German vehicle???
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2012
3872 posts
3217 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Lookingfordeals911 wrote: Guys, so I'm thinking of purchasing it. Anyone own one? It's the updated A8 before the current style. For a 2011 the interior is a dream. Better than the current a6 and A4. Your thoughts?
Hard to form an opinion without knowing the price!
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
13061 posts
7132 upvotes
Toronto
no mileage and no price listed for a 9 year old, out of warranty, German luxo barge with a million electronics.

What could possibly go wrong?

:facepalm:
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
8635 posts
9402 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
CanadianLurker wrote: Hard to form an opinion without knowing the price!
I’m surprised we even got the year and model.

Usually it’s “I’m Looking to buy car. What does you think?”
"It is in times of great fear or greed that the most opportunity exists."
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
15050 posts
12370 upvotes
Richmond Hill
The interior is a dream guys...come on!
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
15050 posts
12370 upvotes
Richmond Hill
OP be like...
Images
  • audi-a8-audi-a8-the-transporter-frank-martin-jason-statham-pic1.jpg
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
9358 posts
8192 upvotes
Markham
Man I live Germans as much as anyone but an 8 year old A8? You better either know how to fix cars very well and be able to source Audi parts readily and cheaply...

Or you have way too much money
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2013
1483 posts
1582 upvotes
GTA
It is a beautiful car, and the interior is indeed very nice.

But like most others have forewarned, you are buying a former beauty queen who still comes with beauty queen upkeep.
Make sure your budget allows for plenty of spa days (ie. auto repair garages), and pricey jewelry in the form of car parts.

Personally, I'd rather a newer Lexus than an aging Audi. While looks are subjective, but you're getting the same if not better performance in a tight package, and some other sucker will taker her off your hands once you've had your fun and she throws a tantrum. On paper, it's much better value.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
5743 posts
4400 upvotes
Whatever the price of A8 is, double it to budget for repair cost, a bit less if you are an mechanic with tons of free time.

A lot goes wrong under warranty. Can't imagine one used.

There is a reason why A8/S/7 depreciate a lot faster than lower end models. They are basically low volume beta cars to test latest and greatest at the time. Once they sorted all the bugs , then they will send that down the line to lower potential warranty losses.
Last edited by Xtrema on Feb 11th, 2020 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
11729 posts
1434 upvotes
Toronto
If OP is looking to buy a 2011 A8, then he likely doesn't have the money for the upkeep.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
15050 posts
12370 upvotes
Richmond Hill
georgecantstandya wrote: It is a beautiful car, and the interior is indeed very nice.

But like most others have forewarned, you are buying a former beauty queen who still comes with beauty queen upkeep.
Make sure your budget allows for plenty of spa days (ie. auto repair garages), and pricey jewelry in the form of car parts.

Personally, I'd rather a newer Lexus than an aging Audi. While looks are subjective, but you're getting the same if not better performance in a tight package, and some other sucker will taker her off your hands once you've had your fun and she throws a tantrum. On paper, it's much better value.
No Lexus of the same era is remotely comparable to the A8. A8 is an aluminum built car and the interior for the time was one of the best aside from RR/Bentley. Only thing Lexus has going for it is better reliability and no one will argue that. Also Japanese cars just don't age well.