Home & Garden

2014-2024 Central AC/Furnace/Heat Pump (Feedback & Questions)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2024 8:38 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
1093 posts
600 upvotes
Just to give an overview Craig's team showed up on time and completed the work with minimal interruption. We got the AC installed and bracketed to the house so its off the ground from the winter weather, the furnace was also installed along with the humidifier. The total installation was clean both outside and inside. The total project took about 6hrs from start to finish, and they cleaned up after themselves. They also put all the rental equipment in the garage as requested. I was given an overview of how all the equipment works and when to change them.

Craig did a great job in the organization and execution of the install and I can't thank him enough for this patients with the EMT deposits as my cap was $3k per day and was very understanding of the fact.

Now for the financial over, reliance was charging my rents $149+tax for the AC, Furnace and Humidifier locking them in for 7 years, I also don't know what hidden surprises are instore for my rents when they return the rental equipment. The AC was a 2 ton and not enough to cool the house quick enough based on the size of the house. The Furnace 60,000 btu unit was not changed since November 2019 and my rents told me reliance changes them every year, in fact furnace filters should be change every 3 months. The humidifier had not been clean for at least a year as it had a lot of calcium build up as well which reliance was suppose to change as well, yearly... (we were able to get 2.5 ton ac unit a 70k btu furnance and a 600M aprilaire with Craig)

Now for the math,

With Craig total install and payment was $8300 tax in 10 year parts and 5 year labor on both the AC unit and the Furnace. (with furnace filters $70 a year and humidifier filters 17.50 a year) $490 over 7 years and $122.50 plus tax = $692.13 Total cost over 7 years $8992.13

With reliance on a 7 year contract

149+tax = $168.37 per month x 84 months = $14143.08

We look to save $5,150.95 in a 7 year period not to mention we also own the equipment.

Looking at breakeven/payback period between Reliance and Craig's team is 8992.13/168.37 = 53.40 months so 54 months at 4.5 years within the warranty period for parts and labor on both ac and furnance.

We also have a water heater rental we will be looking to remove and get Craig's team to install for us when the contracts up with reliance.

To those that are considering renting your equipment think about the long term if you plan on staying in the house as the benefits in the long run out weight the short term benefit. If you need cash think of getting a LOC or a HELOC to pay for it, its worth it in the long run.

Thanks Craig you have my trust in you and your team.

P.S. I also posted this under the group buy.
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2009
1049 posts
448 upvotes
Nauth wrote: Now for the math,

With Craig total install and payment was $8300 tax in 10 year parts and 5 year labor on both the AC unit and the Furnace. (with furnace filters $70 a year and humidifier filters 17.50 a year) $490 over 7 years and $122.50 plus tax = $692.13 Total cost over 7 years $8992.13
I'm curious, did they give you the breakdown between the furnace and AC cost? And what brand/model did you have installed?
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
1093 posts
600 upvotes
FastFret wrote: I'm curious, did they give you the breakdown between the furnace and AC cost? And what brand/model did you have installed?
Yup, we ordered what was in the group buy from four season the Trane XR 13 seer 2.5 ton and we got an armstrong 70k btu HE 2 stage furnance plus a aprilaire 600M humidifier. Yes a breakdown was given for the cost of each equipment and warranty.
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2009
1049 posts
448 upvotes
Nauth wrote: Yup, we ordered what was in the group buy from four season the Trane XR 13 seer 2.5 ton and we got an armstrong 70k btu HE 2 stage furnance plus a aprilaire 600M humidifier. Yes a breakdown was given for the cost of each equipment and warranty.
Thanks.
How do you like Aprilaire 600M? Is is controlled via thermostat?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2010
1428 posts
431 upvotes
jkwan wrote: Hi everyone,

I normally do not post reviews, but wanted to provide our experience with Craig and his team.

The first contractor (Not fourseasons) recommended a heat pump and air handler combo to replace our old mid-efficent furnace.

The contractor stated that this was the only alternative due to our limited space/finished basement, not allowing for a conventional system to be installed.

That being said, we reached out to Craig for a second opinion. Craig was very pleasant to deal with and quickly arranged for Bryan to take a look at our situation.

Bryan arrived on time and was polite and knowledgable. Upon further investigation, Bryan confirmed that despite the tight space, we would be able install a conventional high efficent furance, which in the end saved us a lot of money.

Based on the price, comfort level and feedback from RDF, we decided to proceed with Fourseasons and happy we did.

Fourseasons was able to complete the entire install of our new furnace and hotwater tank in one day. The install went very smoothly and their team took the time to answer all of our questions and concerns.

I would definitely recommend Craig and his company and will be contacting them in the spring to replace our old A/C.
Thank you so much for choosing Four Season Comfort. We are glad you are pleased with the replacement of your furnace and HWT. Your business is greatly appreciated and please let us know if you need anything else at all.
Ty
Craig
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2006
1077 posts
131 upvotes
Hello Craig,

Is it possible to add a Humidifier onto my existing Furnace outside of this deal as I already have an A/C unit, I have a Trane furnace, its a new build from May 2019.

Please PM me current prices for a 2000 SQ FT Single Detached if possible.

I am located in Kitchener, Ontario.
Jan 27, 2004
414 posts
37 upvotes
Lots of good information here and looks like finding a good contractor is key.

Any recommendations for Vancouver?

Thanks
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
1093 posts
600 upvotes
ids748 wrote: Hello Craig,

Is it possible to add a Humidifier onto my existing Furnace outside of this deal as I already have an A/C unit, I have a Trane furnace, its a new build from May 2019.

Please PM me current prices for a 2000 SQ FT Single Detached if possible.

I am located in Kitchener, Ontario.
See the group buy to get the price my understanding it would be This

Aprilaire Humidifiers purchased as a singular item:
Aprilaire 500M $450 installed
Aprilaire 600M $475 installed
Aprilaire 700M $755 installed
Aprilaire 800M call for pricing

You'd have to give Craig a call to book an appointment and deposit up front
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2006
1077 posts
131 upvotes
Nauth wrote: See the group buy to get the price my understanding it would be This

Aprilaire Humidifiers purchased as a singular item:
Aprilaire 500M $450 installed
Aprilaire 600M $475 installed
Aprilaire 700M $755 installed
Aprilaire 800M call for pricing

You'd have to give Craig a call to book an appointment and deposit up front
Thanks. Craig reached out to me earlier in the week after he saw my post. We are scheduled for them to come install tomorrow, Saturday morning. It worked out perfectly!
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2020
1047 posts
677 upvotes
GTA
Nauth wrote: Aprilaire 600M is not controlled by thermostat it's manual, you'll need to adjust it twice a year. And replace the filter one a year
It can be controlled by a thermostat that supports humidifiers - the fancier ones like ecobee, honeywell vision pro do it. Wiring is a little different.
Hvac advice warning - inaccurate information on forum, vested interests in selling builder's equipment. Selling dealer-only brands without being authorized is a red flag. Report to CRA if offered no tax cash-deal. If it's 2 good to b tru, it is.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2010
1428 posts
431 upvotes
thelaw604 wrote: Lots of good information here and looks like finding a good contractor is key.

Any recommendations for Vancouver?

Thanks
I’m sorry I don’t know anyone personally in Vancouver that I could vouch for other than some other Trane dealers. Just do your research and make sure to stay clear of fly by night guys working out of the back of their trucks. The pricing may be a bit lower upfront but can be a issue in the future particularly if you have issues.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2010
1428 posts
431 upvotes
Nauth wrote: Just to give an overview Craig's team showed up on time and completed the work with minimal interruption. We got the AC installed and bracketed to the house so its off the ground from the winter weather, the furnace was also installed along with the humidifier. The total installation was clean both outside and inside. The total project took about 6hrs from start to finish, and they cleaned up after themselves. They also put all the rental equipment in the garage as requested. I was given an overview of how all the equipment works and when to change them.

Craig did a great job in the organization and execution of the install and I can't thank him enough for this patients with the EMT deposits as my cap was $3k per day and was very understanding of the fact.

Now for the financial over, reliance was charging my rents $149+tax for the AC, Furnace and Humidifier locking them in for 7 years, I also don't know what hidden surprises are instore for my rents when they return the rental equipment. The AC was a 2 ton and not enough to cool the house quick enough based on the size of the house. The Furnace 60,000 btu unit was not changed since November 2019 and my rents told me reliance changes them every year, in fact furnace filters should be change every 3 months. The humidifier had not been clean for at least a year as it had a lot of calcium build up as well which reliance was suppose to change as well, yearly... (we were able to get 2.5 ton ac unit a 70k btu furnance and a 600M aprilaire with Craig)

Now for the math,

With reliance on a 7 year contract

149+tax = $168.37 per month x 84 months = $14143.08

We look to save $5,150.95 in a 7 year period not to mention we also own the equipment.

Looking at breakeven/payback period between Reliance and Craig's team is 8992.13/168.37 = 53.40 months so 54 months at 4.5 years within the warranty period for parts and labor on both ac and furnance.

We also have a water heater rental we will be looking to remove and get Craig's team to install for us when the contracts up with reliance.

To those that are considering renting your equipment think about the long term if you plan on staying in the house as the benefits in the long run out weight the short term benefit. If you need cash think of getting a LOC or a HELOC to pay for it, its worth it in the long run.

Thanks Craig you have my trust in you and your team.

P.S. I also posted this under the group buy.
Thank you for posting such a detailed review Nauth, we are pleased you were able to save lots of $. Rental of any HVAC equipment typically is not a good investment for the homeowner. Thank you for trusting our team at Four Season Comfort to replace your furnace & AC. We look forward to working with you in the future for all your HVAC needs.
Jul 10, 2020
2 posts
We had our Air Conditioner replaced by Craig and his team. They did a great job from start to finish. The team arrived on time, did a great job and cleaned up afterwards. Craig communicated through the whole process and was very easy to work with. I would definitely recommend Craig!
May 14, 2011
177 posts
49 upvotes
As many have posted, I want to praise Craig for putting his customers first. My recent experience with him has been superb!

My story:

Two weeks ago, my hot water tank pilot light went out and failed to re-ignite despite several attempts. My internet research indicated the problem was most likely the thermopile or the ignitor.

I had Craig come out on a service call to look at my hot water tank. I should mention that through the RFD group buy, Craig had replaced my old furnace and air conditioner 4 years ago and I was entirely satisfied with his service.

The service technician who came confirmed he could not see any flame or sparking and contacted Craig to source replacement parts. Craig later told me his suppliers could not find any parts available for my tank. I told Craig since the tank was still under warranty, I was going to call the supplier to complain, and ask them to send someone from the subcontractor company to look at the tank.

Craig invoiced me for the service call. I felt the amount he charged did not commensurate with the amount of work and time his service technician expended. I called Craig to negotiate a fair and reasonable amount for the service call.

After I mentioned that I had referred his air conditioner and furnace services to several people over the years, he confirmed that a new A/C had been installed for one of my referents last year. Craig then offered to waive the entire invoice amount. I was willing to pay something for the service call, but he insisted I didn’t have to pay.

Thank you very much, Craig. I will keep referring your services.

p.s. my hot water tank is working again. the problem was a defective gas control thermostat
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2010
1428 posts
431 upvotes
IanJ25170 wrote: We had our Air Conditioner replaced by Craig and his team. They did a great job from start to finish. The team arrived on time, did a great job and cleaned up afterwards. Craig communicated through the whole process and was very easy to work with. I would definitely recommend Craig!
Thank you for posting your experience dealing with our company. We must of installed your AC during the summer as we are in full heating mode now. Thanks for trusting Four Season Comfort & stay safe.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2010
1428 posts
431 upvotes
rebootme wrote: As many have posted, I want to praise Craig for putting his customers first. My recent experience with him has been superb!

My story:

Two weeks ago, my hot water tank pilot light went out and failed to re-ignite despite several attempts. My internet research indicated the problem was most likely the thermopile or the ignitor.

I had Craig come out on a service call to look at my hot water tank. I should mention that through the RFD group buy, Craig had replaced my old furnace and air conditioner 4 years ago and I was entirely satisfied with his service.

The service technician who came confirmed he could not see any flame or sparking and contacted Craig to source replacement parts. Craig later told me his suppliers could not find any parts available for my tank. I told Craig since the tank was still under warranty, I was going to call the supplier to complain, and ask them to send someone from the subcontractor company to look at the tank.

Craig invoiced me for the service call. I felt the amount he charged did not commensurate with the amount of work and time his service technician expended. I called Craig to negotiate a fair and reasonable amount for the service call.

After I mentioned that I had referred his air conditioner and furnace services to several people over the years, he confirmed that a new A/C had been installed for one of my referents last year. Craig then offered to waive the entire invoice amount. I was willing to pay something for the service call, but he insisted I didn’t have to pay.

Thank you very much, Craig. I will keep referring your services.

p.s. my hot water tank is working again. the problem was a defective gas control thermostat
Hello Rick,
I am glad to hear you had your HWT repaired under warranty. Thanks for trusting our team at Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling to replace your furnace and AC a few years ago. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for any future HVAC needs you may require.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
3799 posts
1991 upvotes
Mississauga
Just wanted to say thanks to Craig and his team.
Having used Craig last July to get a Trane AC decided to call him back to do the furnace since my old one was acting up. I called him Thursday 19th and booked it.. He called later that evening saying he can fit me in the next day !!!! Wow.. now that was due to a cancellation/reschedule .. but this meant he had to personally go get me my unit and bring it over Friday morning so the crew could put it in.

As with the AC install all went smoothly.. right from them being at the door at 8:57.. taking the old one out by 10 and Craig showing up 5 min later with my new furmace ... and the install being done by 11:30... like clockwork.

Definitely will be referring him whole heartedly.
Sep 20, 2020
1 posts
Craig's team installed our new furnace and hot water tank last week and I have to say, it was some of the most professional work I've ever experienced. The install was done in one day and the team went above and beyond to answer all of my questions and make sure everything was running smoothly, right down to a working thermostat! From the very beginning, we really appreciated how responsive Craig was regarding anything from pricing to scheduling the final installation. Thanks again, Craig, and we will definitely drop your name if anyone we know needs new HVAC.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2010
1428 posts
431 upvotes
TLSRULZ wrote: Just wanted to say thanks to Craig and his team.
Having used Craig last July to get a Trane AC decided to call him back to do the furnace since my old one was acting up. I called him Thursday 19th and booked it.. He called later that evening saying he can fit me in the next day !!!! Wow.. now that was due to a cancellation/reschedule .. but this meant he had to personally go get me my unit and bring it over Friday morning so the crew could put it in.

As with the AC install all went smoothly.. right from them being at the door at 8:57.. taking the old one out by 10 and Craig showing up 5 min later with my new furmace ... and the install being done by 11:30... like clockwork.

Definitely will be referring him whole heartedly.
Thank you for trusting our team to replace your AC in the summer and recently your furnace. We take pride in providing quality products with unbeatable after sales service. We look forward to assisting you in the future with any future HVAC needs.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)