[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2003
1556 posts
136 upvotes
C-53

2015 Camry - HID kit

Folks,

Any recommendations for a HID low beam upgrade kit for a 2015 Camry? I'm looking at some LEDs with fanless HSF while some have a small fan builtin. Not sure whats needed and whats not. Do fanless work well? Any ideas?

For ex: SEALIGHT H11 H8 H9 LED Headlight Bulbs, 60W 6000K Xenon White, Easy Installation, Low Beam H16 LED Fog Lights, Halogen Replacement CSP Chips, Pack of 2

Thx.
Please thank me if you find this helpful
22 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
5984 posts
3538 upvotes
Ottawa
Don't do this unless your headlamp assembly has a good cutoff designed for LEDs or HIDs. Every halogen headlamp assembly I have encountered makes for a terrible conversion - that extra powerful light scatters way too much, creating problems for everybody else in front of you.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2015
1786 posts
2228 upvotes
Barrie, ON
Oncoming traffic will thank you for not doing this.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
5984 posts
3538 upvotes
Ottawa
mxthor3 wrote: Oncoming traffic will thank you for not doing this.
Even cars in front will delight in the extra illumination in their rear view mirrors.

Again, if the OP has the proper headlight assembly - which I doubt - these conversions can be done safely. At least once or twice a day, I encounter some bozo who plugged in some LED bulbs into a headlight assembly designed for halogens. It's bad enough during the day but in the dark these things are downright brutal.
Mar 12, 2018
169 posts
512 upvotes
blinded by the light
wrapped up like a douche
another runner in the night
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
5984 posts
3538 upvotes
Ottawa
howdyhoe wrote: blinded by the light
wrapped up like a douche
another runner in the night
I like the reference. To be fair though the lyrics are actually "revved up like a deuce" in the Manfred Mann version and "cut loose like a deuce" in the original Springsteen version.

Come to think of it, I am pretty sure that Springsteen would never own a Camry
Apr 22, 2019
272 posts
217 upvotes
Please don’t do this, people like you are the ones who blind everyone on the road.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
4746 posts
2240 upvotes
Don't do it, this is so played out.

Car doesn't look cool or better in anyway. No improvements.

If you cannot see at night with the OEM headlights, you may need glasses.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
5984 posts
3538 upvotes
Ottawa
motomondo wrote: Don't do it, this is so played out.

Car doesn't look cool or better in anyway. No improvements.

If you cannot see at night with the OEM headlights, you may need glasses.
Tell that to the owner of that snazzy Yaris I saw the other day. Not just overly-bright headlights but ALSO heavily tinted windows. Bubbles in the tint on the rear window natch. Wicked boss set of wheels that one.

In fairness, there are some bulb upgrades that will improve the OP's night vision without blinding other drivers.
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
15536 posts
3844 upvotes
Toronto
doomhammer wrote: Folks,

Any recommendations for a HID low beam upgrade kit for a 2015 Camry? I'm looking at some LEDs with fanless HSF while some have a small fan builtin. Not sure whats needed and whats not. Do fanless work well? Any ideas?

For ex: SEALIGHT H11 H8 H9 LED Headlight Bulbs, 60W 6000K Xenon White, Easy Installation, Low Beam H16 LED Fog Lights, Halogen Replacement CSP Chips, Pack of 2

Thx.
Sealight ones are crap as I have tried them on my 2012 Camry and they are very weak.

The Fahren ones are good and what I use on my 2012 Camry and 2014 Camry. If you want brighter, go with the Aukee H11 LED. Just make sure you align them correctly and not blind everyone.

Fahren: https://www.amazon.ca/Fahren-H11-H9-H8- ... 07NPMV1H5/. Great beam pattern, decent brightness, and quiet fans.

Aukee: https://www.amazon.ca/Aukee-Headlight-E ... B07V47VVL4. Very bright lights and the fan is loud to handle the heat from the bulbs.

BTW, the Camry DRL doesn't work well with LED 9005 bulbs. They will be full brightness and may flash due to the power levels.
Car Batteries - FAQ, General Information, Tips & Tricks

Car Buying Tips & Tricks

My Cell Phone Providers: Koodo Mobile and Zoomer Wireless
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
14618 posts
8885 upvotes
Toronto
Had an asshat in a TSX blinding me on Friday with aftermarket lights.

Argh!
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
16253 posts
4792 upvotes
Markham
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2003
1556 posts
136 upvotes
C-53
mxthor3 wrote: Oncoming traffic will thank you for not doing this.
Lol so much hate for such a req .. I live in the boonies fellas .. after 10, its dark and there are no street lights .. Normally we use my 4wd truck for driving at this time -RE: excellent lighting- but for some reason, we found ourselves returning home in the wife's Camry and as I was behind the wheel -- it occurred to me that the vehicle's OEM lights are crap! I was driving with the high beam all the way. Wherever we did encounter an oncoming vehicle, I switched it off.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2003
1556 posts
136 upvotes
C-53
hightech wrote: Sealight ones are crap as I have tried them on my 2012 Camry and they are very weak.

The Fahren ones are good and what I use on my 2012 Camry and 2014 Camry. If you want brighter, go with the Aukee H11 LED. Just make sure you align them correctly and not blind everyone.

Fahren: https://www.amazon.ca/Fahren-H11-H9-H8- ... 07NPMV1H5/. Great beam pattern, decent brightness, and quiet fans.

Aukee: https://www.amazon.ca/Aukee-Headlight-E ... B07V47VVL4. Very bright lights and the fan is loud to handle the heat from the bulbs.

BTW, the Camry DRL doesn't work well with LED 9005 bulbs. They will be full brightness and may flash due to the power levels.
The Farhen look good! I'm considering .. thx !!
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
16035 posts
4635 upvotes
Scarberia
Swerny wrote: Had an asshat in a TSX blinding me on Friday with aftermarket lights.

Argh!
rn't tsx retros one of the best budget HID systems? i forgot the exact model and year of the tsx hid oem housing
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
8958 posts
6017 upvotes
Kootenays
doomhammer wrote: Lol so much hate for such a req .. I live in the boonies fellas .. after 10, its dark and there are no street lights .. Normally we use my 4wd truck for driving at this time -RE: excellent lighting- but for some reason, we found ourselves returning home in the wife's Camry and as I was behind the wheel -- it occurred to me that the vehicle's OEM lights are crap! I was driving with the high beam all the way. Wherever we did encounter an oncoming vehicle, I switched it off.
I live in the boonies with no street lights, too. Dumbass aftermarket conversions are even worse in rural areas because drivers' eyes are fully dilated because of the surrounding darkness. Might just as well go full asshat and get a light bar like they do around here. Canada needs regulation around headlights!
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
4746 posts
2240 upvotes
doomhammer wrote: Lol so much hate for such a req .. I live in the boonies fellas .. after 10, its dark and there are no street lights .. Normally we use my 4wd truck for driving at this time -RE: excellent lighting- but for some reason, we found ourselves returning home in the wife's Camry and as I was behind the wheel -- it occurred to me that the vehicle's OEM lights are crap! I was driving with the high beam all the way. Wherever we did encounter an oncoming vehicle, I switched it off.
In the boonies? LOL. No offense.

In the 70's, I used to drive a car from the '60's, and we had no street lights. Each headlight in that car was as powerful as a single candle. And I did OK.

In comparison, a 2015 Camry has a state of the art lighting system.

But I guess to each their own...
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
16734 posts
5294 upvotes
London
doomhammer wrote: ..
Do the H9 mod - fast / easy to do, mods bulb only, no mod to car needed, very cheap and effective = same beam pattern, no blinding glare

lots and lots of instructions on the net

Difference
Nov 6, 2010
85 posts
16 upvotes
Mississauga
I used DDM Tuning HID Kit 4300K for My 2017 Civic so far so good, Anything higher than 5000k will be blinding incoming traffic imo