Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2007
3889 posts
114069 upvotes

2016/06/30 Liberal Party of Canada : Calgary Stampede Trip | All Canada

Some folks may have reservations about entering - rules state "Entrance into this Promotion constitutes permission for the LPC to use the participants’ names, cities and provinces/territories of residence and likenesses for purposes of advertising and publicity in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification, or permission, unless prohibited by law."

One (1) winner will receive the following prize package: Two (2) tickets to the Calgary Stampede in Calgary, Alberta, admission for two (2) to the Liberal Party of Canada Stampede event, and two (2) round trip ground transportation or airline tickets for Winner and Winner’s guest from a single major international airport within Canada to Calgary, and up to two (2) nights hotel accommodation at an approximate total value of up to CDN$5,000 for the Trip.

Rules: http://www.liberal.ca/promotion-rules/

Enter: http://www.liberal.ca/finalize-your-entry/
17 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2010
2819 posts
740 upvotes
YVR
no confirmation of entry. just takes you to a donation page...
Mar 5, 2008
26 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
This contest sounds really creepy and does the fine print mean that they can use your picture or name in future advertising for the Liberal party??? No Thanks. That's tax payers dollars paying for this trip, since when does a political party run contests. They are also collecting a lot of personal info.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3224 posts
15840 upvotes
Halifax
Brooklynn wrote: This contest sounds really creepy and does the fine print mean that they can use your picture or name in future advertising for the Liberal party??? No Thanks. That's tax payers dollars paying for this trip, since when does a political party run contests. They are also collecting a lot of personal info.
They've held a number of them, good trip prizes too. Other parties have held trip contests, dinner contests etc. I don't see how the info they're asking for is different than any other sponsor, but if people's politics don't agree, don't enter.
Apr 7, 2015
215 posts
212 upvotes
Regina, SK
Thanks for this one homie, I ain't support the Liberals until they get on that legalization business.
Banned
Jan 12, 2015
4107 posts
27310 upvotes
Brooklynn wrote: That's tax payers dollars paying for this trip, since when does a political party run contests. They are also collecting a lot of personal info.
Contest is not paid for by tax dollars, its paid for by the Liberal Party finances.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3224 posts
15840 upvotes
Halifax
The NDP had a contest last summer for a trip, and the "flight portion" was hitching a ride on the NDP campaign plane. I really wanted to win that one, not because I care about the party either way, but because I thought it would be hilarious. :cheesygri

I guess I'm apolitical when it comes to contests. ;)
Dec 21, 2012
442 posts
553 upvotes
Winnipeg
Brooklynn wrote: This contest sounds really creepy and does the fine print mean that they can use your picture or name in future advertising for the Liberal party??? No Thanks. That's tax payers dollars paying for this trip, since when does a political party run contests. They are also collecting a lot of personal info.
What's creepy about a selfie with King Justin?
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
4679 posts
7003 upvotes
Ontario
I can imagine the fun of future calls by the party at one's home just because the party can say they've had prior contact with that person and thus keep asking poll questions etc.
2021-Be more colourful and generous.😎