None
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2008
19809 posts
378563 upvotes
Ottawa

2016/11/08 Ruffles "Gear up for game day" pur or NPE

Purchase three (3) bags of RUFFLES potato chips (240g - 245g, any flavour) in the same transaction during the Contest Period. and upload your receipt or

Npe: Purchase is not required and does not enhance chance of winning. To obtain a no purchase Entry into the Contest, clearly print your full name, telephone number (with area code), email address, province and age at time of entry on a plain piece of paper (the “No Purchase Request”). Mail the information to: RUFFLES GEAR UP FOR GAME DAY CONTEST, 5511 Steeles Avenue West, Suite 200, Toronto, ON, M9L 1S7. For each No Purchase request, you will receive one (1) Entry. LIMIT one (1) No Purchase Request per person per day.

Enter: http://rufflescfl.ca/

Rules: http://ruffleslcf.ca/en/rules.html

Prize:
: There is one (1) trip for four (4) to the 104 th Grey Cup available to be won, which includes the following:
Return economy air transportation for four (4) from the major commercial airport nearest the winner’s primary place of residence to Toronto, ON (airport, carrier and airline ticket class selected at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor);
Ground transportation to and from destination airport and hotel;
One (1) standard hotel room (quad occupancy) for three (3) nights (accommodation to be selected at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor);
Four (4) tickets to the 104 th Grey Cup game, scheduled to be held on November 27, 2016 (seat selection to be chosen at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor);
Four (4) tickets to the CFL Players Gala (date to be confirmed);
Four (4) CFL merchandise packs; and
$250 CAD spending money for winner only.
(collectively, the “Grand Prize”)
Approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $14,490 CAD based on departure from Vancouver, British Columbia (as an example).

good luck rfd
bring back colour
20 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3221 posts
15840 upvotes
Halifax
I see some purchase contests are upping the costs on what you have to buy. Not just one item anymore. Oh well, NPE for me.

As an aside, Ive been noticing that the "thanks" on Purchase/NPE contests are very low in comparison to other non purchase contests. Are people skipping over these I wonder? I always think odds are better than usual.
Deal Expert
Jan 11, 2013
15196 posts
5029 upvotes
Toronto
Tracydeanne wrote: I see some purchase contests are upping the costs on what you have to buy. Not just one item anymore. Oh well, NPE for me.

As an aside, Ive been noticing that the "thanks" on Purchase/NPE contests are very low in comparison to other non purchase contests. Are people skipping over these I wonder? I always think odds are better than usual.
The "scan a receipt" trend is very irksome... I have to assume it's a barrier for entry for many RFDers.
Wishing everyone a lucky 2021!
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3221 posts
15840 upvotes
Halifax
sherlockmandango wrote: The "scan a receipt" trend is very irksome... I have to assume it's a barrier for entry for many RFDers.
I would think so too. Although the NPE is always available. I only do purchase option entry if it's something we would normally buy or use, or if it's cheaper than the NPE option. But I always enter.
Deal Expert
Jan 11, 2013
15196 posts
5029 upvotes
Toronto
Tracydeanne wrote: I would think so too. Although the NPE is always available. I only do purchase option entry if it's something we would normally buy or use, or if it's cheaper than the NPE option. But I always enter.
There's a contest for the Toronto Cider Festival that I've held off on sharing because I've been in contact with the organizers. The reason: They don't have a NPE. I've been trying to convince them to include one, but it's been an uphill climb. They claim to have an "expert legal team" who reviewed the rules to ensure they were compliant, but I'm skeptical.

NPEs are a good way to get your foot in the door if you think the entry pool will be really limited, but if it's a mail-in option rather than email, you're out the cost of a stamp. It's not a HUGE amount of money, but the fact that you can't enter without spending cash seems to defeat the purpose of a NPE.
Wishing everyone a lucky 2021!
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3221 posts
15840 upvotes
Halifax
sherlockmandango wrote: There's a contest for the Toronto Cider Festival that I've held off on sharing because I've been in contact with the organizers. The reason: They don't have a NPE. I've been trying to convince them to include one, but it's been an uphill climb. They claim to have an "expert legal team" who reviewed the rules to ensure they were compliant, but I'm skeptical.

NPEs are a good way to get your foot in the door if you think the entry pool will be really limited, but if it's a mail-in option rather than email, you're out the cost of a stamp. It's not a HUGE amount of money, but the fact that you can't enter without spending cash seems to defeat the purpose of a NPE.
That's frustrating, NPE is always required.

I'm willing to pay the cost of a stamp or two to get included in a draw. ;) . I've won twice on NPE's.

But yes, it would be nice if more sponsors did the NPE via email or an online form. Eg Montanas.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2010
2815 posts
729 upvotes
YVR
Tracydeanne wrote: That's frustrating, NPE is always required.

I'm willing to pay the cost of a stamp or two to get included in a draw. ;) . I've won twice on NPE's.

But yes, it would be nice if more sponsors did the NPE via email or an online form. Eg Montanas.
mail in NPEs are troublesome for many people. This makes it better for the people that actually enter though as the entry pool is smaller.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2007
9473 posts
121 upvotes
thanks
wins 2007----$5494.88
wins 2008----$2282.93
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2006
15434 posts
333 upvotes
Thanks
2013 Contest Win Wishlist
  • Leafs Tickets / iPad / E-Reader / 46" HDTV / PS3 Gaming System / Cash / Guitar / Keurig
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2006
1414 posts
5365 upvotes
Blahhh....just sent someone to the store for THREE bags - they come back with TWO. Arrggg.....
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
4679 posts
7002 upvotes
Ontario
Last day to play your way to the Grey Cup!
2021-Be more colourful and generous.😎