• Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2017 9:01 pm
[OP]
Jan 24, 2009
18 posts
Mississauga

2017 Honda Pilot

Hi,

I live in GTA and am planning to buy 2017 Honda Pilot Touring. Could you please share information on the final price after tax you paid for this model. If you have bought 2016 model, this I formation would help as well. Thanks!
76 replies
Jun 14, 2006
571 posts
35 upvotes
GTA
addie2121 wrote:
Dec 27th, 2016 11:57 pm
Hi,

I live in GTA and am planning to buy 2017 Honda Pilot Touring. Could you please share information on the final price after tax you paid for this model. If you have bought 2016 model, this I formation would help as well. Thanks!
+1 Interested as well.
Not to hijack the thread, but also if you know of any dealers holding/ expecting stock...these cars have a huge waiting list.
Jan 2, 2009
226 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
2017 Touring ... $50,300 + $1,900 Freight/PDI + Tax. Wait time is 3 weeks for black colour ... Pickering Honda.
Oct 20, 2010
318 posts
41 upvotes
I will be looking Into getting a Pilot touring this coming summer and one thing that I found interesting is the fact that I have yet to see a Pilot in Obsidian blue pearl color. I have seen any other available color. Is it because it is hard to get?(it is my favourite color for the pilot)
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
1624 posts
817 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
bugsbunny01 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2016 8:02 pm
I will be looking Into getting a Pilot touring this coming summer and one thing that I found interesting is the fact that I have yet to see a Pilot in Obsidian blue pearl color. I have seen any other available color. Is it because it is hard to get?(it is my favourite color for the pilot)
I have a 2017 Honda Pilot in Obsidian Blue Pearl. IMO, it is the best colour for Honda along with Steel Sapphire. However Honda tends to produce safe colours so that's the reason why you see more white, black and grey. The rep even said ordering in Obsidian Blue may take longer than white but I didn't care at the time. End up coming before christmas anyways so I'm happy.

I think if you can get $1k off, you'll have a good deal. Many dealers aren't willing to budge as there's a huge waiting list. Try small volume dealers if you want a deal. Tell them why go to a smaller dealer when you can go bigger dealer for same price and faster allocation.

Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer. Beware of their tactics.
Oct 20, 2010
318 posts
41 upvotes
Thank you for sharing. It does look nice in that blue. My other preference would be the lunar silver but our odyssey is silver and I want a different color. Even if it takes longer I will wait to get it in that color. When I got my accord sport, I couldn't wait much so I got it in white Orchidea pearl ( the silver and even the red looked as nice and less common in that trim) so it ended up being the quickest option. Nice purchase hope you enjoy it for many years
[OP]
Jan 24, 2009
18 posts
Mississauga
Anyone debating between getting a Toyota 4runner instead of pilot considering it is lot more fun to drive and its looks.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
1624 posts
817 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
addie2121 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2017 9:17 pm
Anyone debating between getting a Toyota 4runner instead of pilot considering it is lot more fun to drive and its looks.
I would only get the 4Runner if you're actually going offroading. If not, it's a total waste plus you're be paying for it in fuel and higher price upfront.
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer. Beware of their tactics.
[OP]
Jan 24, 2009
18 posts
Mississauga
I agree that it is terrible on fuel but price wise it is in the same range as pilot touring around 59k after tax.
Apr 23, 2008
25 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Any way to check province-wide stock of a particular Pilot model? They are really hard to find and I don't want to call 50 dealerships up individually...
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
15842 posts
4730 upvotes
Ottawa
snakeuk wrote:
Feb 5th, 2017 12:32 am
Any way to check province-wide stock of a particular Pilot model? They are really hard to find and I don't want to call 50 dealerships up individually...
That's what the sales person is for.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
1779 posts
664 upvotes
GTA
addie2121 wrote:
And your chances of dying in simple crash are 150 times greater inside 4Runner as well. Just watch some youtube 4Runner crash tests. It is basically a coffin on wheels. The way passengers are cramped against body panels and roof liner in 4R, leaves very little buffer zone for sheet metal to cave in.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2010
7911 posts
727 upvotes
addie2121 wrote:
The pilot is actual competition to the highlander. 4Runner is in a different class.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
1531 posts
201 upvotes
spike1128 wrote:
Feb 7th, 2017 5:22 pm
The pilot is actual competition to the highlander. 4Runner is in a different class.
Agree, not really comparing the same class. Pilot is unibody vs 4Runner is body on frame.
Personally, have been driving 4runners for 18yrs and love the truck base!
However, all depends what you want and need.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1764 posts
245 upvotes
GTA
This is on my short list. I can't believe it's so hard to get 2nd row captain chairs and even these, you have to go to the most upscale models. Are the touring models also in short supply?