• Last Updated:
  • Apr 21st, 2017 3:50 pm
[OP]
Mar 26, 2008
8 posts
1 upvote
London Ont

2017 Toyota Camry le upgrade

I have just negotiated a deal for 2017 Toyota camry le Upgrade in London Ontario. Is this a good deal or can I do better elsewhwere?
Should I get addons or not on the following:
Paint and rust protection $900.00
Toyota Value Package (TVP) $500.00
Cargo liner
Hood Deflector
Body side mouldings
I would really appreciate any guidance,.
Thanks
19 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2011
1577 posts
1396 upvotes
Toronto
You didn't include the pricing my friend :)
2013 Wins - $1320 - Woohoo!
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2007
2107 posts
636 upvotes
xjesterxx wrote: You didn't include the pricing my friend :)
if there isn't a price tag its free! I'd say great deal in that case....
[OP]
Mar 26, 2008
8 posts
1 upvote
London Ont
Sorry oversight, after all discounts etc the net cost is $30,035.55 Finance period 6 years @0.99%, monthly payment $429.00
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2007
2107 posts
636 upvotes
luckymos wrote: Sorry oversight, after all discounts etc the net cost is $30,035.55 Finance period 6 years @0.99%, monthly payment $429.00
I just built the same vehicle on the toyota website, total comes to $32166 OTR.
Looks like you got $2131 discounts in total, $1885 discounts before taxes. That is not bad at all. No guarantee to be the best price obviously, but its VERY reasonable and FARRRR from being ripped off. If you're happy with the sales you're dealing with, go for it!
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
2032 posts
1436 upvotes
It's not bad but not great. Keep in mind this is the last year for this generation of Camry so they will need to unload these god awful machines before the beauty of the 2018 Camry starts rolling off the line...

Overall though if you're happy with the car and the salesperson you're dealing with you got at least a decent deal out of it.
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
[OP]
Mar 26, 2008
8 posts
1 upvote
London Ont
Thank you so very much for your feedback, I don't think I can squeeze him any more for a better price but I most certainly will try. LoAneal, I am aware that this is the last year for this generation but I do need a car now and not next year.
So far I have driven only Honda till I drove a friends Camry and kinda liked it. This is going to be my first switch to Toyota, hope I am not going to regret it.
I thank you both for your prompt feedback, RFD is an awesome site.
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
4566 posts
5459 upvotes
Toronto, ON
luckymos wrote: This is going to be my first switch to Toyota, hope I am not going to regret it.
The 2018 is a few months away. You will regret buying a new 2017 now.. The upgrades from 2017 to 2018 are staggering.

If you need one now, why not buy used and sell it later?
[OP]
Mar 26, 2008
8 posts
1 upvote
London Ont
Thanks for your advice, something to think about,
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
4566 posts
5459 upvotes
Toronto, ON
luckymos wrote: Thank you so very much for your feedback, I don't think I can squeeze him any more for a better price but I most certainly will try. LoAneal, I am aware that this is the last year for this generation but I do need a car now and not next year.
So far I have driven only Honda till I drove a friends Camry and kinda liked it. This is going to be my first switch to Toyota, hope I am not going to regret it.
I thank you both for your prompt feedback, RFD is an awesome site.
If you are set on buying new, take the offer you have now, email all Toyota dealers within say, 100km, and ask them to beat it. Make sure you explicitly list out the exact model/package/color/options. From there, you can either buy from those dealers or you can take the best offer of the lot back to your salesman and have him match it.

Don't feel the least bit guilty to squeeze your salesman - milking you is his profession, and he is never losing money.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
6466 posts
1976 upvotes
luckymos wrote: Thanks for your advice, something to think about,
The 2018 is almost 100% all new parts, very few carry over. The 4-cylinder and 6-cylinder engine is all new as is the chassis and everything in between. Even that cruise control stubby knob is gone and that has been used on Toyotas since the early 90s if not earlier!
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
2032 posts
1436 upvotes
BluePhirePB wrote: The 2018 is almost 100% all new parts, very few carry over. The 4-cylinder and 6-cylinder engine is all new as is the chassis and everything in between. Even that cruise control stubby knob is gone and that has been used on Toyotas since the early 90s if not earlier!
Ya the whole of the 2018 Camry is amazing. The fact they are keeping the V6 is gosh dang astonishing. Especially since every other midsize are getting rid of their V6's in trying to save money and fuel economy. AND they are putting a 8 speed auto instead a crappy CVT on ALL trim levels. That added in with actual styling for a change and actual effort into the interior and exterior of the car in terms of materials and technology Toyota seems to actually be putting effort into their cars again. If my car could have held out until the end of the year I woulda bought one of those XSE V6's, but sadly I had to settle for an Accord V6.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
6466 posts
1976 upvotes
LoANeal wrote: Ya the whole of the 2018 Camry is amazing. The fact they are keeping the V6 is gosh dang astonishing. Especially since every other midsize are getting rid of their V6's in trying to save money and fuel economy. AND they are putting a 8 speed auto instead a crappy CVT on ALL trim levels. That added in with actual styling for a change and actual effort into the interior and exterior of the car in terms of materials and technology Toyota seems to actually be putting effort into their cars again. If my car could have held out until the end of the year I woulda bought one of those XSE V6's, but sadly I had to settle for an Accord V6.
I never had any plans to buy a Camry since despite their reliability and ease of maintenance, I was never a fan of the styling and lack of fun to drive. But this new one (and Motor Trend had A LOT of good things to say about it), sounds like it's a sporty contender with a lot of cool tech. That heads up nav display, red leather interior, black roof option ... very appetizing! If it's the same V6 as the Highlander, potentially it's 295HP. I wonder what kind of 0-60 it's capable of. I know 0-60 is not a measuring stick for a car's worthiness but if it can do it in the mid 5s, that'd be amazing!
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
2032 posts
1436 upvotes
BluePhirePB wrote: I never had any plans to buy a Camry since despite their reliability and ease of maintenance, I was never a fan of the styling and lack of fun to drive. But this new one (and Motor Trend had A LOT of good things to say about it), sounds like it's a sporty contender with a lot of cool tech. That heads up nav display, red leather interior, black roof option ... very appetizing! If it's the same V6 as the Highlander, potentially it's 295HP. I wonder what kind of 0-60 it's capable of. I know 0-60 is not a measuring stick for a car's worthiness but if it can do it in the mid 5s, that'd be amazing!
Ya I've never even put Toyota on the radar due to their bland nature. Like their V6 Camry I'm told is fun to drive, but that's mostly because of a V6 in there.

But ya everything about the 2018 Camry screams good stuff. I want a HUD soooo much. Had one back on my 1996 Bonneville and it's just so freaking nice to have. The red leather too, ugh so nice. All of that car is nice. I'm hoping their keep their V6 tuned up to the Highlander numbers as it would be pretty awesome. I get the feeling they will tune it down a bit to get more favorable fuel economy numbers but we'll wait and see.

Also helps every car publication that has driven the car or seen it has gushed about how Toyota is actually trying again and it's a blast to drive and be in. Suffice to say I want it, really wish I didn't need to get a car now but I will have to live with my V6 Accord for at least 5 years before I will probably trade in and upgrade to this...
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
6466 posts
1976 upvotes
LoANeal wrote: Ya I've never even put Toyota on the radar due to their bland nature. Like their V6 Camry I'm told is fun to drive, but that's mostly because of a V6 in there.

But ya everything about the 2018 Camry screams good stuff. I want a HUD soooo much. Had one back on my 1996 Bonneville and it's just so freaking nice to have. The red leather too, ugh so nice. All of that car is nice. I'm hoping their keep their V6 tuned up to the Highlander numbers as it would be pretty awesome. I get the feeling they will tune it down a bit to get more favorable fuel economy numbers but we'll wait and see.

Also helps every car publication that has driven the car or seen it has gushed about how Toyota is actually trying again and it's a blast to drive and be in. Suffice to say I want it, really wish I didn't need to get a car now but I will have to live with my V6 Accord for at least 5 years before I will probably trade in and upgrade to this...
I would get a fully loaded XSE V6 in red! Too bad my Matrix is doing so well and I'm still paying off my wife's 2016 Corolla until 2019.