• Jan 20th, 2017 3:59 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1566 posts
888 upvotes
Earth

2017 Toyota Corolla iM winter tires

Toyota Corolla iM with 17" low profile all seasons. What are my options? If I want to buy a set of steel rims and winter tires, what size should I get? Do the steel rims also have to be low profile?

Thks
Telus $45 25GB, Unlimited talk/text Nationwide
Public Mobile
7 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2009
2682 posts
304 upvotes
Mississauga
Oatmeal wrote: Toyota Corolla iM with 17" low profile all seasons. What are my options? If I want to buy a set of steel rims and winter tires, what size should I get? Do the steel rims also have to be low profile?

Thks
It doesn't have to be low profile. Down size the Rim & Tire and side walls will be higher. Also saves a bit of money
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8647 upvotes
GTHA
Oatmeal wrote: Toyota Corolla iM with 17" low profile all seasons. What are my options? If I want to buy a set of steel rims and winter tires, what size should I get? Do the steel rims also have to be low profile?

Thks
Tirerack's preferred winter package has 16" tires for your vehicle
http://www.tirerack.com/snow/preferredpackages.jsp

Tire Size: 215/55R16

You can get 16" steel rims
Size:16X6.5
Offset:+45mm
Backspacing:5.47"
Bolt Pattern:5-114
Rec. Tire Size:215/55-16
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1566 posts
888 upvotes
Earth
If I were to go the tirerack.com route, do they ship to Canada and is it cost effective? Haven't had much time to research; car just died and not worth it to fix. Never a good time for only family vehicle to go caput.

Thanks for all the input so far, I appreciate it!
Public Mobile
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
7526 posts
1475 upvotes
Alberta
Oatmeal wrote: If I were to go the tirerack.com route, do they ship to Canada and is it cost effective? Haven't had much time to research; car just died and not worth it to fix. Never a good time for only family vehicle to go caput.

Thanks for all the input so far, I appreciate it!
Use the information and get your rims from Costco, Simply Tire (if in GTA) or Canadian Tire.

The currency exchange and the hassle isn't probably worth dealing with Tirerack.com IMO.

Dave
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1566 posts
888 upvotes
Earth
DavidY wrote: Use the information and get your rims from Costco, Simply Tire (if in GTA) or Canadian Tire.

The currency exchange and the hassle isn't probably worth dealing with Tirerack.com IMO.

Dave
Thanks Dave! Agreed, with the dollar where it is right now, I'll pass on the tirerack route.
Public Mobile
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
7526 posts
1475 upvotes
Alberta
Oatmeal wrote: Thanks Dave! Agreed, with the dollar where it is right now, I'll pass on the tirerack route.
Continental winter contact si with 215/55-16 would be my choice.

Dave
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
5888 posts
4333 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Tire rack still good if you can pick up and installed in the US.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)