May 10, 2005
33789 posts
7736 upvotes
Ottawa
boldventure wrote:
May 17th, 2018 12:52 pm
Here is the link http://www.dongfeng-honda.com/news_comp ... &type=news

Google translation

Statement part of the CR-V (1.5T) vehicle due to design reasons, the vehicle continues to travel at low temperatures in a short distance, the engine oil level will increase, the oil level increases to a certain degree, there will be engine failure indicator light. If the vehicle is continuously operated in this state, it may cause engine damage and there is a safety hazard. Dongfeng Honda Motor Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as Dongfeng Honda) decided to initiate a recall from May 22, 2018, which caused many inconveniences to the owners of the vehicle. Dongfeng Honda apologized. In order to allow car owners to feel at ease with their car, Dongfeng Honda will provide lifelong repairs to the main components of the vehicle engine within the scope of the recall. In the implementation of the recall, Dongfeng Honda will entrust the owner of Dongfeng Honda Automobile's special sales service to sign the “Dongfeng Honda Automobile Engine Extension Repair Service Certificate”. I. Vehicle Scope: Part of the 2018 Siwei CR-V equipped with a 1.5T engine produced on February 14, 2017 - February 27, 2018. 2. The main parts list crankshaft, main bearing, connecting rod, and even Rod bearings, pistons, piston rings, piston pins, cylinder heads, camshafts, valves, cylinder blocks. Third, during the owner's car use, if the engine oil level increases to a certain degree, the engine failure indicator will light up, causing the engine crankshaft to be damaged, the oil pump damaged, the piston cylinder liner damaged, and the camshaft damaged. The Dongfeng Honda will be free for the owner. Vehicle replacement engine assembly. Fourth, during the owner's car use, if the damage caused by improper use or improper maintenance in other places, not belonging to the scope of repair services to thank CR-V (1.5T) owners of patience and trust, for the implementation of the recall The vehicle, Dongfeng Honda will present a 500-yuan fine vouchers and free maintenance once. In the future, Dongfeng Honda will use the more reliable products and services to return the support of the majority of car owners. For more information, please contact Dongfeng Honda Automobile Sales Service Center or call Dongfeng Honda Customer Service Hotline 400-880-6622, 800-880-9899,018
Dude, that is China, not Canada or the US. We have different regulations and rules. What applies in China is different hat applies here.
It is also applicable to engines made in China in a 2 week period, not all 1.5L engines everywhere. Just in China.
To be perfectly clear and honest, I (and maybe others) really do't care what is happening in China with a 2 week engine production run.
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
2500 posts
792 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Pete_Coach wrote:
May 17th, 2018 2:06 pm
Dude, that is China, not Canada or the US. We have different regulations and rules. What applies in China is different hat applies here.
It is also applicable to engines made in China in a 2 week period, not all 1.5L engines everywhere. Just in China.
To be perfectly clear and honest, I (and maybe others) really do't care what is happening in China with a 2 week engine production run.
I know it's China, that's why I said in my previous post that it won't apply here since Honda Canada never acknowledge the issue which I was replying to a post regarding China
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
33789 posts
7736 upvotes
Ottawa
boldventure wrote:
May 17th, 2018 2:26 pm
I know it's China, that's why I said in my previous post that it won't apply here since Honda Canada never acknowledge the issue which I was replying to a post regarding China
But that is where you are wrong, Honda has acknowledged a problem, to me and as well as another poster that had emailed Honda and we are not special so I am certain others have been told the same. I referred to those posts.
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
2500 posts
792 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Pete_Coach wrote:
May 17th, 2018 2:33 pm
But that is where you are wrong, Honda has acknowledged a problem, to me and as well as another poster that had emailed Honda and we are not special so I am certain others have been told the same. I referred to those posts.
Not consistent, some said did not acknowledge their issue. My dealer do not even acknowledge the issue when I asked about it.
Dec 28, 2010
508 posts
211 upvotes
asifnana wrote:
May 17th, 2018 11:43 am
Depending on the term....the longer the term the higher the rate.
I don't really like going over 5 years. But I called and they won't budge, 6.99% it is no matter what the term. I'll see if I can find a different dealer. Glad I caught this....
Do you want to meet the love of your life? Look in the mirror. | Byron Katie

-Iemand een frikandel speciaal?-
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
33789 posts
7736 upvotes
Ottawa
boldventure wrote:
May 17th, 2018 2:41 pm
Not consistent, some said did not acknowledge their issue. My dealer do not even acknowledge the issue when I asked about it.
Consistency is not relevant. My dealer acknowledged and made me aware o what I should be looking fo and doing. Th other poster was also informed what to do by Honda.
You relationship with your dealer is your issue.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
2500 posts
792 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Pete_Coach wrote:
May 17th, 2018 2:49 pm
Consistency is not relevant. My dealer acknowledged and made me aware o what I should be looking fo and doing. Th other poster was also informed what to do by Honda.
You relationship with your dealer is your issue.
Lol, I don't have any issue with my car nor my relationship to my dealer. I just asked if they are aware with the issue and what they are doing about it, they just said no issue since it was designed like that so it should not be driven in short drives.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
33789 posts
7736 upvotes
Ottawa
boldventure wrote:
May 17th, 2018 2:57 pm
Lol, I don't have any issue with my car nor my relationship to my dealer. I just asked if they are aware with the issue and what they are doing about it, they just said no issue since it was designed like that so it should not be driven in short drives.
OK. That's what they are saying to you but, by now, you know better.
The fact they told you it should not be driven short distances tells me they know of issues. And really, what manufacturer would tell you not to drive to the corner store? LOL
Are you related to dm1111? You are starting to sound like him/her LOL
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
1011 posts
611 upvotes
VESTEGAARD wrote:
May 17th, 2018 2:49 pm
I don't really like going over 5 years. But I called and they won't budge, 6.99% it is no matter what the term. I'll see if I can find a different dealer. Glad I caught this....
4.99% over 24 months
4.99% over 36 months
4.99% over 48 months
5.99% over 60 months
6.24% over 72 months
Jun 6, 2010
200 posts
14 upvotes
Pete_Coach wrote:
May 17th, 2018 2:06 pm
Where are you reading that it’s only a 2 week production run? The recall affects crvs with 1.5t engine produced from feb 2017 to feb 2018
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
33789 posts
7736 upvotes
Ottawa
raigen18 wrote:
May 17th, 2018 3:18 pm
Where are you reading that it’s only a 2 week production run? The recall affects crvs with 1.5t engine produced from feb 2017 to feb 2018
Correct, I misread. Disappointed But Relieved Face Still, that is a Chinese problem.
Dec 28, 2010
508 posts
211 upvotes
asifnana wrote:
May 17th, 2018 3:10 pm
4.99% over 24 months
4.99% over 36 months
4.99% over 48 months
5.99% over 60 months
6.24% over 72 months
Thank you very much. I feel ignorant now, I thought these 6.99% rates were across the board. Thanks very much! I received a PM already from someone who can probably get me a better deal.
Do you want to meet the love of your life? Look in the mirror. | Byron Katie

-Iemand een frikandel speciaal?-
Deal Guru
Jan 15, 2006
12739 posts
9117 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Pete_Coach wrote:
May 17th, 2018 2:33 pm
Show me in writing that Honda Canada has acknowledged the problem. You’re claiming your DEALER acknowledges the issue. Blah blah blah as usual.
Nov 15, 2017
629 posts
422 upvotes
EP32k2 wrote:
May 17th, 2018 10:29 pm
Show me in writing that Honda Canada has acknowledged the problem. You’re claiming your DEALER acknowledges the issue. Blah blah blah as usual.
Honda Canada: 18889466329

In my latest call with them, they have acknowledge that there were complaints made about oil/fuel dilution, and Honda Canada/USA are currently investigating the issue.

Sorry, I don't have access to phone transcript. Feel free to give them a call.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
33789 posts
7736 upvotes
Ottawa
EP32k2 wrote:
May 17th, 2018 10:29 pm
What on earth is the matter with you. You like to argue just for argument sake.
My (and other posters) dealers ARE Honda.The information they pass on IS Honda information.
Your posts are Blah, blah bah, as usual.

But just to calm your pettiness there is apparently a TSB,

"Meanwhile in Canada, Honda released a TSB to its dealers after receiving reports of engine misfiring and oil pressure warning lights coming on during cold weather.
The TSB confirms reports of a higher-than-normal engine oil level due to contamination from fuel and water build-up.
They’re asking mechanics to report any owner complaints related to oil dilution."
http://www.hondaproblems.com/trends/crv-oil-dilution/

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)