Automotive

2018 CR-V Most Stolen Vehicle

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2021 4:22 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 10, 2005
36057 posts
10155 upvotes
Ottawa

2018 CR-V Most Stolen Vehicle

A CR-V??? I can see the Lexus but a CR-V?
I guess Africans like Honda LOL Maybe they are just very easy to steal.
"in 2020, the most stolen car was the 2018 Honda CR-V, followed by the 2017 Lexus RX350 and then the 2017 Honda CR-V."

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/ ... 2019-study

"It's suspected that most vehicles are sent to Montreal, destined to be shipped to Africa or the Middle East where they'll be sold, "
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/o ... -1.5919112
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
8579 posts
5425 upvotes
Kootenays
I'd love to see the statistics of what percentage of stolen vehicles were push button start. Were keys really that hard to use for the past 100 years?
Sr. Member
Jan 20, 2012
767 posts
392 upvotes
Toronto
There were more CR-V sold than RX nationally. I don't surprise the number came on top over RX in Canada.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 7, 2004
5839 posts
2207 upvotes
GTEH!
Pete_Coach wrote: A CR-V??? I can see the Lexus but a CR-V?
I guess Africans like Honda LOL Maybe they are just very easy to steal.
"in 2020, the most stolen car was the 2018 Honda CR-V, followed by the 2017 Lexus RX350 and then the 2017 Honda CR-V."

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/ ... 2019-study

"It's suspected that most vehicles are sent to Montreal, destined to be shipped to Africa or the Middle East where they'll be sold, "
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/o ... -1.5919112
Maybe it's cheaper to Service and get replacement parts for 2018 CR-V? compared to a Lexus? *shrugs* IDK.
I am also surprised by the List.
😎
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
4491 posts
1172 upvotes
Webhead wrote: Maybe it's cheaper to Service and get replacement parts for 2018 CR-V? compared to a Lexus? *shrugs* IDK.
I am also surprised by the List.
You are probably correct . It is also a low key vehicle comped to the RX.
<sig removed> by moderators . Yet no moderator told me they removed or why ?
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 10, 2005
36057 posts
10155 upvotes
Ottawa
smacd wrote: I'd love to see the statistics of what percentage of stolen vehicles were push button start. Were keys really that hard to use for the past 100 years?
Most of them I suspect. The CR-V and Lexus do. As the articles said "Thieves break into the SUVs or trucks and are able to reprogram a new key into the vehicle's computer, Belanger said. They return 15 minutes later, hit the start button and drive off, usually in the middle of the night.".
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.

Top