Automotive

2018 Honda Accord or 2018 Mazda6

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2018 12:18 pm

Poll: Which one did you choose?

• Total votes: 54. You have voted on this poll.
2018 Honda Accord

63%
2018 Mazda6

37%
[OP]
Dec 8, 2011
3 posts
LEAMINGTON

2018 Honda Accord or 2018 Mazda6

Has anybody test drive any of the two? What did you think?
Comparing Accord Sport 2.0/Touring 1.5 or 2.0 with Mazda6 GT 2.5 Turbo.
Last edited by vietnamesetan1 on Oct 30th, 2018 6:30 am, edited 4 times in total.
25 replies
Nov 15, 2017
655 posts
432 upvotes
Cookie-cutter response.

- Honda not that reliable anymore
- Mazda rust joke
- Accord ugly/6 pretty
- 6 is supposed to be sporty, but numbers prove otherwise
- Accord is great value
- 6 is literally held back by crappy tires

6 is an old car with refreshed components. Accord is recently redesigned. To be unbiased as possible, you should test drive and experience each yourself.
Oct 9, 2008
74 posts
26 upvotes
Terrace
which trim are you comparing? the smaller engines or the larger ones?

I saw a video and the turbo mazda was not very impressive power wise.

you should also look into the new camry, they are still not as sporty, but are much improved over the older ones.
Oct 15, 2018
2 posts
I think Mazda will be better. There are a lot of bad reviews about Honda right now, so better pay attention to that notice from costumers.
Mar 20, 2011
263 posts
171 upvotes
Langley, BC
I test drove a Mazda 6 a couple years ago. Ever since they've changed from a V6 to V4, it feels a lot slower and heavier and I didn't like it at all - there was a lot of engine noise in the cabin too. It felt like it needed to be a V6. Of all the cars in this type I tried, I actually liked the Subaru Legacy 3.6R the most for it's power and comfort. I unfortunately didn't have the chance to try out the Honda Accord so can't speak to that one unfortunately.

Agree with BBZero that a test drive is important, test drive as many cars as you can.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2013
1345 posts
1293 upvotes
GTA
FelixLite wrote: I think Mazda will be better. There are a lot of bad reviews about Honda right now, so better pay attention to that notice from costumers.
I haven't heard too many bad reviews about the Honda Accord.

I have heard a lot of GOOD things about the 2.0 model.
Oct 13, 2013
44 posts
38 upvotes
Vancouver
I love my 2018 Accord 1.5 Touring. Wouldn’t trade it for anything but a Tesla.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2015
2243 posts
843 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
FelixLite wrote: I think Mazda will be better. There are a lot of bad reviews about Honda right now, so better pay attention to that notice from costumers.
Here, I corrected it for you.
I think Honda will be better. There are a lot of bad reviews about Mazda right now, so better pay attention to that notice from costumers.
No political content in signatures (Who did I offend?)
Oct 24, 2018
272 posts
258 upvotes
I second the Legacy 3.6R, great car, a little mature feeling inside but that is not a bad thing.
Nov 15, 2017
63 posts
84 upvotes
I test drove the 6 and it was great! Rust claims are overblown at this point, we're in 2018. I've also heard great things about the accord, don't think you can go wrong with either
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2013
1345 posts
1293 upvotes
GTA
vandave wrote: I love my 2018 Accord 1.5 Touring. Wouldn’t trade it for anything but a Tesla.
How do you find the Adaptive Cruise Control? I am on the look out for the new Civic or Accord to help with my bumper to bumper commute on the Gardiner.

Is the ACC one of those things you can set and just control the steering instead of having to brake/release/gas for a long stretch or am I being too optimistic about it's capabilities?
Nov 15, 2017
655 posts
432 upvotes
georgecantstandya wrote: How do you find the Adaptive Cruise Control? I am on the look out for the new Civic or Accord to help with my bumper to bumper commute on the Gardiner.

Is the ACC one of those things you can set and just control the steering instead of having to brake/release/gas for a long stretch or am I being too optimistic about it's capabilities?
ACC + LKAS = semi-autonomous driving. It's not 100% autonomous because if you take your hands off the wheel, the car will beep at you until it receives input from driver. Short of people suddenly cutting in front of you, ACC is pretty smooth if you set the right follow distance between you and the car in front of you.

It goes without saying that these things work best in mild weather conditions.
Oct 13, 2013
44 posts
38 upvotes
Vancouver
georgecantstandya wrote: How do you find the Adaptive Cruise Control? I am on the look out for the new Civic or Accord to help with my bumper to bumper commute on the Gardiner.

The ACC works great. You can go for a long time without having to play with the gas and brake. I drove from Portland to Seattle with a lot of traffic and it functioned amazingly well. I think it helps with fuel economy too. My only complaint, which is minor, is that it takes a few clicks to set the ACC. It would be nice if you could click one button. But I don't think any of the cars can do that.

The lane keep is good and useful, but you still have to keep your hands on the wheel. But, you probably didn't expect otherwise.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
4315 posts
547 upvotes
4 years ago i was deciding bet ween 2015 accord or mazda 6. went with the accord, 0 issues so far. DIY oil, brake, filters.
the new gen accord looks a little weird. it's also a first year model with the new turbos. i recommend looking at 2017 accord, best looking accord on the road, love the rear.