Automotive

2018 Nissan Leaf Pre-order Q&A Specs

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2019 11:04 pm
Oct 4, 2010
222 posts
284 upvotes
Burlington
We Ordered May 18th, and have just been told our order our order "will be replaced with the 2019 Leaf model year, there will be a price increase in the amount of $700". Very annoyed.
May 27, 2018
47 posts
34 upvotes
AlisonF6487 wrote: Apparently the june production Leafs are the last for 2018 model year. July production will be 2019 model year.

is this from someone who knows? my dealership states that september is the start of the 2019 production
My dealer stated that June production is the last for 2018. He did not necessarily state that 2019 production will begin on July 2018. I am thinking of switching my order to a 2019.
Oct 6, 2015
150 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Canuck887 wrote: My dealer stated that June production is the last for 2018. He did not necessarily state that 2019 production will begin on July 2018. I am thinking of switching my order to a 2019.
Why on earth would you do that? 2019 = cost more, same car, no confirmed rebate, won't be available til end of year...
Oct 4, 2010
222 posts
284 upvotes
Burlington
Just saw the Nissan Canada Twitter account post that "the LEAF is not sold out in all of Canada and we are taking new orders every day. We will be of course be honouring all orders. Please send us a DM with more information on which dealers you visited, we would like to know more. Thank you." Link
Jun 5, 2018
4 posts
I ordered mine on may 15. And received a call from the dealer yesterday saying it's ready to be picked up. Nissan Point Claire.
Last edited by Ieatworld on Jun 6th, 2018 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 14, 2018
626 posts
489 upvotes
superjett55 wrote: Just saw the Nissan Canada Twitter account post that "the LEAF is not sold out in all of Canada and we are taking new orders every day. We will be of course be honouring all orders. Please send us a DM with more information on which dealers you visited, we would like to know more. Thank you." Link
Hopefully others on this forum that have received the the dealer emails, will forward to that Nissan twitter contact. It seems like they are taking Leaf orders, but for the 2019 model, and if you want the 60 Kw battery, a March delivery.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7430 posts
4677 upvotes
Ottawa
EvMart wrote: Hopefully others on this forum that have received the the dealer emails, will forward to that Nissan twitter contact. It seems like they are taking Leaf orders, but for the 2019 model, and if you want the 60 Kw battery, a March delivery.
I'd be curious to know your source for this information; as far as I've been able to tell, there have only been rumors that the 2019 Leaf will be available with a 60 kwh battery (and it should be mentioned that the rumors originally said that the 2018 Leaf would be available with a 60kwh battery) but there have been no official announcement, let alone an estimated availability date.
Jun 15, 2011
152 posts
69 upvotes
Ottawa
michelb wrote: I'd be curious to know your source for this information; as far as I've been able to tell, there have only been rumors that the 2019 Leaf will be available with a 60 kwh battery (and it should be mentioned that the rumors originally said that the 2018 Leaf would be available with a 60kwh battery) but there have been no official announcement, let alone an estimated availability date.
The only official announcement I have seen, which makes no sense for 2018 and pretty deceiving, is the one from Daytona FL dealership.

https://www.daytonanissan.com/blogs/751 ... afs-range/
Feb 14, 2018
626 posts
489 upvotes
michelb wrote: I'd be curious to know your source for this information; as far as I've been able to tell, there have only been rumors that the 2019 Leaf will be available with a 60 kwh battery (and it should be mentioned that the rumors originally said that the 2018 Leaf would be available with a 60kwh battery) but there have been no official announcement, let alone an estimated availability date.
I have this in writing ( email) from my local dealer, and I posted the details earlier in the forum.

Yes people were disappointed when this option did not come in 2018. It is a change in battery suppliers. More disappointing that this long range option will come later in the 2019 production cycle.

My dealer is quite willing to take an order now, for a 60 KW 2019 Leaf, provided I accept the March time frame given to them by Nissan Canada, for this option.

Personally, I think they don’t want to make any big announcements, that would discourage sales of 2018 Leafs in markets like the U.S. that have inventory. I expect we will see this in print in the normal fall cycle.

With the Kona coming out in the same time frame, I will be watching for more details on that before I commit. We had a 2015 Leaf, currently have a 2018 Leaf, but need longer range if we are going to do both family vehicles electric. I need to be able to go from Toronto to London Ontario without a charging stop, which the 2018 Leaf cannot do, at hwy speeds all year.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7430 posts
4677 upvotes
Ottawa
Sulemanm wrote: The only official announcement I have seen, which makes no sense for 2018 and pretty deceiving, is the one from Daytona FL dealership.

https://www.daytonanissan.com/blogs/751 ... afs-range/
I suspect that this was likely posted before the 2018 were even available on the market.

EvMart wrote: I have this in writing ( email) from my local dealer, and I posted the details earlier in the forum.
I hope the information you were given is correct but I tend to take any info from a dealer with a grain of salt. IMO, they'll tell you anything that you want to hear if they think it will help them make a sale.

Until I hear it from Nissan, I'm skeptical.
May 28, 2018
6 posts
2 upvotes
Just called Nissan Canada. There are 2018 orders available at SOME dealerships but it’s dependant on the size of the waiting list. No way to know which ones except to call around. They would not confirm a larger battery for 2019, as they haven’t received that information at this time. Waiting for a DM from their Twitter account but I would assume a similar message will be sent.
Oct 4, 2010
222 posts
284 upvotes
Burlington
superjett55 wrote: Just saw the Nissan Canada Twitter account post that "the LEAF is not sold out in all of Canada and we are taking new orders every day. We will be of course be honouring all orders. Please send us a DM with more information on which dealers you visited, we would like to know more. Thank you." Link
As an update - it appears that Nissan Canada has deleted the tweet :|
Jun 1, 2018
75 posts
32 upvotes
Interesting I created a twitter account just follow up on that link and post on it now that link has been taken down?! Or is that a normal twitter thing where it disappears after a few hours?
Sep 24, 2007
424 posts
112 upvotes
Kelowna
AlisonF6487 wrote: Interesting I created a twitter account just follow up on that link and post on it now that link has been taken down?! Or is that a normal twitter thing where it disappears after a few hours?
Tweets do not disappear unless they're deleted.
May 24, 2018
137 posts
26 upvotes
Ieatworld wrote: I ordered mine on may 15. And received a call from the dealer yesterday saying it's ready to be picked up. Nissan Point Claire.
How'd you get so lucky? I assume you must have gotten someone else's cancellation?
I ordered in April and don't even have a production notification yet.
As a note on cancellation cars, the salesmanager at HuntClub Nissan told me if a Leaf is cancelled the dealership has to give it back to Nissan Canada who will decide where it goes next. This was to stop dealerships from stockpiling cars and stealing sales unfairly from other dealerships. Anyone else heard this?

Cheers,
Jun 1, 2018
75 posts
32 upvotes
My dealer seemed to say they would have some cars not picked up and I was under the impression they would be available. But I’m assuming it would go to the next on the list for that model and color. My dealer also said he would call around to see if any other dealers had one. But who knows anymore!
Feb 11, 2016
109 posts
68 upvotes
montreal
Dan919 wrote: How'd you get so lucky? I assume you must have gotten someone else's cancellation?
I ordered in April and don't even have a production notification yet.
As a note on cancellation cars, the salesmanager at HuntClub Nissan told me if a Leaf is cancelled the dealership has to give it back to Nissan Canada who will decide where it goes next. This was to stop dealerships from stockpiling cars and stealing sales unfairly from other dealerships. Anyone else heard this?

Cheers,
That would make sense. They most likely have a target number per region, I'd assume the majority of leafs went to Ontario then Quebec and BC because of the incentives there's probably a larger market for EVs.
Apr 7, 2018
39 posts
6 upvotes
superjett55 wrote: As an update - it appears that Nissan Canada has deleted the tweet :|
That was my tweet they were responding to. Odd that they would delete their reply. Methinks the Nissan social media person was speaking out of turn.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)