Telus

2018 Student Internet 150 Plan - $45/mo for 8 months

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 10th, 2019 10:49 am
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2004
1763 posts
186 upvotes
Thanks, OP! I was able to sign up as a new customer for $40/month for 75 mbps and first month free.
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
17826 posts
838 upvotes
I'd be looking at tv and internet, 75 and a moderate bundle on tv. What the running most folks? Also, landline? I need one. Do we get the mobile discount too?
Nov 9, 2013
548 posts
166 upvotes
I am interested in Telus for the increased upload speed and to see if fibre really is a better connection than cable, but I'm apprehensive about the install process. From what I understand, Telus would likely have to drill a hole in the side of my house to get the fibre line from the outside connection into the home, then the modem/router would have to be hardwired to that fibre box? This sounds pretty inconvenient...
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13016 posts
11845 upvotes
atheoncrutch wrote: I am interested in Telus for the increased upload speed and to see if fibre really is a better connection than cable, but I'm apprehensive about the install process. From what I understand, Telus would likely have to drill a hole in the side of my house to get the fibre line from the outside connection into the home, then the modem/router would have to be hardwired to that fibre box? This sounds pretty inconvenient...
There is already a hole at the side of every house for TV, phone and power cables going in your house. The fibre can come in the same hole.
Telus fibre is not at my neighborhood yet. I have my Internet 50 since last summer.

Call Telus to determine what is supplying to your house.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $35 5GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, Zoomer $36 6GB plan,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet, $0 FPL home phone.
Sep 16, 2013
75 posts
5 upvotes
I renewed for 8 months with student plan. Will have to see what to do in 8 months time, call to see if I can get it renewed at that time or a decent deal by calling retention, or switch to somewhere else because Telus is not worth it at regular price.
Aug 13, 2003
507 posts
363 upvotes
Calgary
I called in and talked with retentions a couple of weeks ago. For the past year I have had Internet 50 and unlimited usage all for $35/month. I also have a home phone landline for $15/month. I was able to get Internet 75 (fibre optic now) plus continue the unlimited usage all for the same $35/month. I just asked for the same $35/month deal as before and the retentions rep agreed.
Jul 2, 2013
367 posts
121 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Telus Retentions would only offer me $60 for 300 Mbps. Any suggestions in squeezing out more discounts?
Dec 2, 2018
12 posts
76 upvotes
Vancouver
Just tried to renew my student deal. Looks like they are currently offering $20 off for 8 months.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)