• Mar 12th, 2019 9:13 am
[OP]
Penalty Box
Aug 28, 2014
2181 posts
439 upvotes
Toronto, ON

2018 subaru forester fair price?

2.5L convenience package demo model with 13k on the odometer, what's the fair price and what's a good price?
4 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
26146 posts
11208 upvotes
Toronto
13,000km is NOT a demo. it is beaten down by many drivers. I am sure dealer is using this as service loaner, coffee runs by employees, errands, weekend getaways, etc. check for carproof for accident claim by dealers and/or ask if the car has ever been repaired in house, no matter how big or small the repair(s) may be

good price ... if checked out as clean .... 20% off the msrp when new.
[OP]
Penalty Box
Aug 28, 2014
2181 posts
439 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I am sure dealer is using this as service loaner
^What the salesman said, but I don't think he really knows and neither does the buyer; I think I heard him mention that they got it from another dealer but would take it with a grain of salt. Long story short, buyer couldn't give enough of a shit to do any kind of basic research or even decide if they wanted the car, but bought it any ways. I got roped along for reasons... which have nothing to do with car buying as I know nothing about buying cars. It was a valuable learning experience for me I guess and I'd like to know if we could've got a better deal basically.

So 20% off $29,195?

https://www.subaru.ca/WebPage.aspx?WebS ... CarID=1031
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
26146 posts
11208 upvotes
Toronto
to me, it does not make sense your dealer is taking another dealer's car. If the history of this car is unclear, you can still give it a try at the proposed offer, if dealer wants to play hard ball and wants top $ for this, then move on ... too many unknown.

I see brand new one has a $3500 factory credit. That's 12% off already. ... just on the factory side.
Last edited by booblehead on Mar 12th, 2019 9:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2005
5452 posts
1056 upvotes
i dont think you will get 20% off this car
i do think 13000 km is fine for a demo. a demo is exactly a car used for errands and testdrive and not fake demos how other dealers do to try and create a fake demo inventory (and just remove PDI off msrp)
fwiw - the 2019 Forester is better in every which way (unless you are buying an XT) and has eyesight in many more trims.
i would work on getting a new 2019 with Eyesight unless this 2018 has huge savings.