[Other] 2019/07/18 Omaze Tesla Model 3 Performance + $20,000

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 13th, 2019 12:27 am
9 replies
Feb 22, 2012
643 posts
8542 upvotes
Quebec
Ok, so for people who are thinking of making a donation, please know that only 15 % of your money will go to a charitable project, 15 % will go to the Omaza platform and 70 % helps pay for the prize and the marketing. So if you decide to give 20 $, only 3 dollars go to the charity and 17 $ is basically the cost of participation in the sweepstakes. No thank you ! (Also, the free entry button leads to nowhere). Participating in Celebrity experience sweepstakes with Omaza makes more sense, because 60 % of your money goes to charity. Generally speaking, that is not the kind of platform I would use to donate money to worthy causes. Besides, I'm from Quebec, so I'm probably disqualified anyway.

Omaze also invests in securing the prizes for the typical Omaze Owned campaign, so for these, from every dollar you donate, 15 cents is passed directly through to CAFA which is then used to make a grant to the associated charity. If there are multiple charities, then grants of equal share are made to each charity. 70 cents is typically used to actually get the prize, process payments and advertise to awesome people like you (Omaze Owned campaigns require more marketing efforts since we can’t rely on celebrities to help spread the word). The remaining 15 cents of your dollar goes to Omaze—it’s used to cover the cost of providing and maintaining the technology and team that makes this all happen.
Last edited by zebrastripes on Jun 9th, 2019 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 4, 2008
871 posts
3055 upvotes
Ontario
I can't access the alternate ( free ) entry when I click on it it takes me to to the donations entry page
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
18866 posts
2427 upvotes
Out west
I thought donations for entries was illegal in Canada? Buying tickets is one thing, but donations?
Dec 7, 2013
11 posts
25 upvotes
Vancouver
I had to make an account to access the free entry
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
4073 posts
23267 upvotes
North York
Quebec is qualified to enter. To enter for free you have to click on donate now and then scroll down to alternate method of entry. Both my fiance and I had won lovely vacations thru Omaze. In fact we just got back last night from one in St Bart's!
Jul 15, 2003
92 posts
34 upvotes
Vancouver
I get the same result.
skeetersden wrote: I can't access the alternate ( free ) entry when I click on it it takes me to to the donations entry page