Expired Contests

[Other] 2019/12/15 Le Chateau - NYE Styled 25 x$500gc with stylist appt (AOM, purchase-1 entry per $10 spent in-store/online)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 19th, 2019 5:01 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
4401 posts
6793 upvotes
Ontario

2019/12/15 Le Chateau - NYE Styled 25 x$500gc with stylist appt (AOM, purchase-1 entry per $10 spent in-store/online)

Via e-mail:

Contest entry link & details: https://www.lechateau.com/style/editori ... cale=en_CA
How to enter: Purchase Necessary; Purchase is required in order to be eligible to enter this Contest. Participants may enter the Contest by:
1) Make a purchase in a Le Château store or online between 12/07 and 12/15
2) Filling out the entry contest form online , making sure that all the mandatory fields have been filled out, including their Name, , Email, phone number and order transaction number
3) For every $10 pre-tax spent on your transaction, you get one (1) entry to the contest.
4 ) Any returns against a submitted transaction will be considered ineligible for participation.
Contest Closing date; The Contest begins on Saturday, December 7th 2019 and ends on, December 15 2019 at 11:59 PM EST.
Prizes:
There will be twenty-five (25)Prizes awarded at the end of the contest (the “Prize”). The Prize will consist of twenty-five (25) private appointments with a LE CHÂTEAU stylist to style a head-to-toe look of a value of up to $500., with a total value of Twelve thousand and five hundred Dollars (12,500) The Prize may not be exchanged for money; nor will credit balances be refunded in cash. For clarity, the Prize has no monetary value.
Winner Selection and Acceptance of Prizes: This Contest is a game of mixed chance and skill.
There will be twenty-five (25) Winners selected; The Winner will be selected by a random draw performed electronically at 105 Marcel-Laurin, in Montréal, Québec, from among all eligible entries. The odds of winning are determined by the number of eligible entries received.
December 2019
Page 2 of 5
#11122098 v1
Draw Dates:
The Winner will be selected and notified on December 17th by 5:00 PM EST.
The selected Winner will be notified via Email to claim their prize. The Email Notification
2020 quest to find Portuguese smoked paprika 💡
12 replies
Jun 28, 2015
226 posts
198 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Purchase is required in order to be eligible to enter this Contest
Ballsy move. brb calling the AGCO
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3956 posts
23055 upvotes
North York
mhall1 wrote: Ballsy move. brb calling the AGCO
I sent them a private message with a link that talks about properly posting contests in Canada. .will see if they say something
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3956 posts
23055 upvotes
North York
They got back to me and they said you can enter without the code but probably one time only.. I pointed out the criminal code rules to them but they keep telling me to rest assure that the Regis approved it..go figure...
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2013
14997 posts
4922 upvotes
Toronto
The Rules have had a significant tweak...
Wishing everyone a lucky 2020!
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3956 posts
23055 upvotes
North York
sherlockmandango wrote: The Rules have had a significant tweak...

Yes, I can see this today - yesterday I told them that I don't think the Regis would have approved their previous format ("rest assure") and they reconsidered it by taking my suggestion to run it by the promo dept.
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2013
14997 posts
4922 upvotes
Toronto
Rosibal wrote: Yes, I can see this today - yesterday I told them that I don't think the Regis would have approved their previous format ("rest assure") and they reconsidered it by taking my suggestion to run it by the promo dept.
I also poked 'em about it. That initial wording was pretty flagrantly in defiance with Canadian contest law.
Wishing everyone a lucky 2020!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
4401 posts
6793 upvotes
Ontario
@Rosibal @mhall1 @sherlockmandango Thanks for your updates regarding the contest rules. I know the QC Regis requires advance notice of the contest etc but it's only a provincial entity. Think LeChateau is headquartered in QC, so likely corporate is fine with whatever Regis advises.
Home Hardware actually has a link to the Regis' contest regulations to explain why HH contests tend to exclude QC entrant. Fascinating read.
2020 quest to find Portuguese smoked paprika 💡
Jun 28, 2015
226 posts
198 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Ciel wrote: @Rosibal @mhall1 @sherlockmandango Thanks for your updates regarding the contest rules. I know the QC Regis requires advance notice of the contest etc but it's only a provincial entity. Think LeChateau is headquartered in QC, so likely corporate is fine with whatever Regis advises.
Home Hardware actually has a link to the Regis' contest regulations to explain why HH contests tend to exclude QC entrant. Fascinating read.
This is about federal law, I believe.