Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2004
1976 posts
269 upvotes
Ontario

2019 CNE Freebies

Post your freebie items and locations here!
22 replies
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
21302 posts
23688 upvotes
Toronto
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
11869 posts
4788 upvotes
What's this? :)

Available in Manitoba ...or?
Sep 14, 2014
120 posts
144 upvotes
North York, ON
Darkman wrote: What's this? :)

Available in Manitoba ...or?
Nope, as with most freebies, it's limited to the centre of the universe: Toronto. The CNE is our end-of-summer fair.
EQ Bank & Zoomer Wireless account holder :)
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
11869 posts
4788 upvotes
^ ^ ... Cool ... one less bs to participate in, lol :)
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2002
1328 posts
483 upvotes
Midland
Freedom Mobile Booth is giving out free sim’s with 10gig and unlimited calling. You need to disclose personal info and must activate on site. Just say you’d like to try out the service as it was REALLY bad in the downtown area around 2 years ago. Its very reasonable especially on the subway platforms, FULL signal! Love it.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
9513 posts
4105 upvotes
Toronto
joe2k1 wrote: Freedom Mobile Booth is giving out free sim’s with 10gig and unlimited calling. You need to disclose personal info and must activate on site. Just say you’d like to try out the service as it was REALLY bad in the downtown area around 2 years ago. Its very reasonable especially on the subway platforms, FULL signal! Love it.
Wow free sim and ten gigs Face Screaming In Fear
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2637 posts
2819 upvotes
GTA
-On opening day the Gaming Garage in the Enercare Centre was giving away AMD sunglasses and bags for answering a quiz on which game demo monitor looked better (no tearing during the demo). I chose A, filled out a survey form, and was offered the swag. Don't know if it matters whether you choose correctly.

-Outside the same building there was Nintendo zone and one of my kids asked for and got a Mario Maker 2 safety helmet, not to be used on a real construction site. Very cute looking, she chose Mario red M over Luigi green L. No love for Weegee...
c'mon get happy!
Mar 21, 2018
64 posts
70 upvotes
Takis were handed out outside the Enecare building. At the 99.9FM booth, there was a wheel to spin to either win sunglasses or a ballot to enter to win tickets to a Sean Desmond concert. In the Farm. they had pencils and activity booklets for kids and a 2019 milk calendar. They also had a plant area where you could fill an envelope with soil and add a seed, and then take it home to grow your own plant (today it was barley seed).

Not as many freebies as last year for sure. And they got rid of the skating show and put the Silk Lanterns in the skating rink area instead. That was too bad. They did have a Ex competition this year (similar to American Ninja Warrior) which was fun to watch.
Jun 22, 2017
113 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto/Kingston
peachbl00m wrote: Takis were handed out outside the Enecare building. At the 99.9FM booth, there was a wheel to spin to either win sunglasses or a ballot to enter to win tickets to a Sean Desmond concert. In the Farm. they had pencils and activity booklets for kids and a 2019 milk calendar. They also had a plant area where you could fill an envelope with soil and add a seed, and then take it home to grow your own plant (today it was barley seed).

Not as many freebies as last year for sure. And they got rid of the skating show and put the Silk Lanterns in the skating rink area instead. That was too bad. They did have a Ex competition this year (similar to American Ninja Warrior) which was fun to watch.
Didn't think it was worth going this year because of the (lack of) skating show, and now I feel even more convinced I'm making the right call based on the freebies.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
21302 posts
23688 upvotes
Toronto
On the weekend Spirit FM had free Popsockets for your phone. Also the Toronto Boat Show display had you throw darts to win boat show tickets. It was pretty easy, me and my little girl won a pair of tickets each

https://www.torontoboatshow.com/2020/
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
Feb 11, 2003
670 posts
98 upvotes
Ask the ambassadors in white for the trial cards. Can be self-activated via the web or with the reps. Name, address, phone #, email required. Only gives access
to Home network. Got 3 for myself and family members.

$55/18gb with free XR also available for Rogers/Fido customers from the booth
Images
  • image.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
9513 posts
4105 upvotes
Toronto
newkid wrote: Ask the ambassadors in white for the trial cards. Can be self-activated via the web or with the reps. Name, address, phone #, email required. Only gives access
to Home network. Got 3 for myself and family members.

$55/18gb with free XR also available for Rogers/Fido customers from the booth
nice!!! :D
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2007
1469 posts
277 upvotes
Heinz Ketchup booth was handing out foldable water bottles, after you take a picture in that booth.