Automotive

2019 Honda Accord Sport (1.5L) Lease Suggestions (Ontario, Canada)

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 6th, 2019 11:37 am
[OP]
Newbie
Apr 2, 2019
9 posts

2019 Honda Accord Sport (1.5L) Lease Suggestions (Ontario, Canada)

I am in the market for the 2019 Accord Sport 1.5L. I am looking for suggestions regarding the lease price of the car. I got the following prices from Unhaggle:

Dealer Price (Invoice) Average paid by people MSRP
Base 27984 29456 30090
Fees 1795 1795 1795
Taxes 3871 4063 4145
Total 33650 35314 36030


The numbers for a 24000km/year lease that I got from Unhaggle (Prices are with taxes) (20000km/year leases are not that lower):

Term APR Dealer Price (Invoice) Average paid by people MSRP
3 years 0.99% 465 511 532
4 years 1.99% 423 459 474


The price that I got from the honda.ca website are as follows:

MSRP: 31490 (1400 higher than unhaggle)

Fees: 1786

Total: 33276

Total w/taxes: 37601

3 year/24,000km lease (w/taxes): 543/month

4 year/24,000km lease (w/taxes): 487/Month

3 year/24,000km residual: 16689 (53%)

4 year/24,000km residual: 14485 (45%)



Here are my quesions:

Invoice price negotiation: From unhaggle data, it looks like average people paid about 5% higher than dealer invoice. How far do you think this can be negotiated?

Money factor negotiation: Although the lease rates @ .99% and 1.99% are quite low, I saw on unhaggle that there is a loyalty rebate of -1% on leases. I have a 2008 Civic, so is it likely that this can be negotiated too (0% for 3 years, 1% for 4 years)? Turns out I won't qualify for this since I don't have a current finance/lease deal with Honda.

Lease term: By choosing to lease for 4 years, I would pay around 3600 (unhaggle) ~ 3800 (honda.ca) more for the 4th year. But if we look at depreciation, the 4th year depreciation difference is 2204.3. So, if I go for 4th year of lease, I'll pay around 1400-1600 more than the depreciation. So, is it wiser to lease it for 3 years?

Warranty: Honda gives 3 years/60,000km standard warranty. The 4-year flexible warranty is $868, so I think I'll go for it if I go for a 4 year lease since if I buy out my car, I have the option to extend the warranty. On the other hand, the lease-guard protection is $898, so if I don't buy out the car, then I am protected from extra charges. Any suggestions whether I should go for both or just the warranty?

Other fees: There might be other fees like Gap insurance (don't know if honda includes it), document fees etc. Any suggestions whether these can be negotiated?
Last edited by carlease on Apr 3rd, 2019 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
14 replies
Banned
Aug 3, 2005
1235 posts
1159 upvotes
Great thread. Also interested in the same car and potentially a lease within the next 5-6 months so will keep an eye on this thread.

EDIT: For the 1% loyalty discount, do any old Hondas count? I was under the impression you have to be on a current lease to get it?
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1612 posts
328 upvotes
South Western Ontari…
Honda changed loyalty policy from rate reduction to dollar amount.

Also you have to have current finance/lease term or term ended within 12 months to quality for loyalty bonus.
[OP]
Newbie
Apr 2, 2019
9 posts
smrtphur wrote: Honda changed loyalty policy from rate reduction to dollar amount.

Also you have to have current finance/lease term or term ended within 12 months to quality for loyalty bonus.
Ya just found that out. I won't qualify for that. Thanks.
[OP]
Newbie
Apr 2, 2019
9 posts
ekcivichb wrote: Great thread. Also interested in the same car and potentially a lease within the next 5-6 months so will keep an eye on this thread.

EDIT: For the 1% loyalty discount, do any old Hondas count? I was under the impression you have to be on a current lease to get it?
Ya, turns out that is the case. So, I won't qualify for that.
Penalty Box
User avatar
Jan 27, 2014
4794 posts
1898 upvotes
Is it possible to get $400/month taxes in with $0 down and no bs fees?
[OP]
Newbie
Apr 2, 2019
9 posts
ar2020 wrote: Is it possible to get $400/month taxes in with $0 down and no bs fees?
Doesn't look like it.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2412 posts
919 upvotes
Calgary
smrtphur wrote: Honda changed loyalty policy from rate reduction to dollar amount.

Also you have to have current finance/lease term or term ended within 12 months to quality for loyalty bonus.
I qualified for one even though my other lease had ended 18 month earlier. All you have to do is ask the manager to submit a request to Honda Canada and worst they can say is no. In my case they said yes, because I had multiple other past Hondas.
[OP]
Newbie
Apr 2, 2019
9 posts
aleks wrote: I qualified for one even though my other lease had ended 18 month earlier. All you have to do is ask the manager to submit a request to Honda Canada and worst they can say is no. In my case they said yes, because I had multiple other past Hondas.
Thanks for the suggestion!
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1612 posts
328 upvotes
South Western Ontari…
aleks wrote: I qualified for one even though my other lease had ended 18 month earlier. All you have to do is ask the manager to submit a request to Honda Canada and worst they can say is no. In my case they said yes, because I had multiple other past Hondas.
I know. manager tried still didnt get it
Penalty Box
User avatar
Jan 27, 2014
4794 posts
1898 upvotes
So what deals is everyone been quoted for this?
Member
Nov 15, 2006
464 posts
39 upvotes
Recently closed a deal for a white sport 2.0 at 2% over invoice.

42 months, zero down, 24k/year worked out to just under $500/month tax in.

Very happy with the transaction as I put in the offer via email, and they honored it without further bs once I went in to close.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 22, 2004
2122 posts
504 upvotes
Richmond, BC
macalin wrote: Recently closed a deal for a white sport 2.0 at 2% over invoice.

42 months, zero down, 24k/year worked out to just under $500/month tax in.

Very happy with the transaction as I put in the offer via email, and they honored it without further bs once I went in to close.

That's a great deal. would love to get that
Member
Nov 15, 2006
464 posts
39 upvotes
If you haven't already, email a few dealers in your area with your offer (invoice+2%).

Let me know if you're not having any luck (via pm) and I'll share the dealer contact that.
Newbie
Nov 11, 2019
46 posts
7 upvotes
Just got the 2.0t sport in white with winter mats and Window tints.

5 year lease at $470.46 tax in , is it a good deal? I negotiated alot

Top