• Dec 28th, 2020 10:59 am
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 13, 2008
115 posts
59 upvotes
Hamilton

2019 REV4 Fuel Tank replaced

Finally after waiting a month, Toyota Canada sent a reply to my inquiry of not being able to fill my gas tank fully. I was advised to contact my dealer to arrange having the Fuel Tank and and Sender replaced under warranty. The warranty for the new parts are extended to 8 years as well.

A week ago I made an appointment for warranty work. Today the Fuel Tank and Sender Unit were replaced without issue. The needle on the fuel tank now reads full and pegs the top of the gauge.

Glad to have had that taken care of.
19 replies
Jun 18, 2006
339 posts
14 upvotes
TOMSEVEN wrote: Finally after waiting a month, Toyota Canada sent a reply to my inquiry of not being able to fill my gas tank fully. I was advised to contact my dealer to arrange having the Fuel Tank and and Sender replaced under warranty. The warranty for the new parts are extended to 8 years as well.

A week ago I made an appointment for warranty work. Today the Fuel Tank and Sender Unit were replaced without issue. The needle on the fuel tank now reads full and pegs the top of the gauge.

Glad to have had that taken care of.
I see you are from Hamilton... do you mind sharing which dealership you got this done at? I feel I have the same issue with my 2020 R4H just gathering evidence (which may take a while as my fill ups are like once a month nowadays).
[OP]
Dec 13, 2008
115 posts
59 upvotes
Hamilton
Yes it was a 2019 Hybrid Limited.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13851 posts
5420 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I got the letter too and although I did notice I'm not able to put as much fuel into the tank as when I first had the car, my problem isn't as severe as others where they can't even get the needle above the F line. I do plan to take it in to get it inspected and if the part is affected then I'll get it replaced.
[OP]
Dec 13, 2008
115 posts
59 upvotes
Hamilton
Work was done at Redhill Toyota.

Went to them with a gas receipt for a fill up and showed them it was showing 7/8 full. During my routine service they did a vehicle inspection to confirm nothing was faulty and sent the enquiry to Toyota. Took about a month or so to get a formal reply from them.

So far very good service from Redhill.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
5228 posts
2603 upvotes
Ottawa
I'm glad the OP got taken care of. I agree with the above poster that perfection is elusive in cars and always has been.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
2991 posts
525 upvotes
Pickering
Got the letter a few weeks back, did the fill up and brought the receipt in a few days ago, scheduled to have my tank replaced next Wednesday at Pickering Toyota Smiling Face With Open Mouth.

Wasn't really something that bothered me too much, it just took a little bit longer to fill it up completely, at least now I should be able to get over 40l every fill and keep the trips to the gas station down somewhat.
Wise men speak because they have something to say, Fools because they have to say something.
Banned
Dec 3, 2020
74 posts
152 upvotes
romsan04 wrote: And you gladly pay for this...
I don't own it. OP never paid for it either. Warranty paid it and also got a complimentary extended warranty. If you expect perfection from a vehicle, you might as well never buy from any manufacturer because it doesn't exist.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
3456 posts
862 upvotes
Knightley wrote: I don't own it. OP never paid for it either. Warranty paid it and also got a complimentary extended warranty. If you expect perfection from a vehicle, you might as well never buy from any manufacturer because it doesn't exist.
When brand new Chrysler has an issue everyone screaming POS with crappy reliability, when Toyota fails, it's none is perfect. But guess what that POS Chrysler is half the price of your Toyota. So tell me what's the point in buying Toyota since nobody is perfect??

You paid extra for quality but it's not there.
Last edited by romsan04 on Dec 24th, 2020 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Banned
Dec 3, 2020
74 posts
152 upvotes
romsan04 wrote: When brand new Chrysler has an issue everyone screaming POS with crappy reliability, when Toyota fails none is perfect. But guess what that POS Chrysler is half the price of your Toyota. So tell me what's the point in buying Toyota since nobody is perfect??

You paid extra for quality but it's not there.
Again, I didn't pay for it. Sorry Toyota's reputation gets you so triggered. If you like Chrysler vehicles, buy them.
It doesn't matter what myself, or anybody thinks of Chrysler. It's your money, you do you.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
3456 posts
862 upvotes
Knightley wrote: Again, I didn't pay for it. Sorry Toyota's reputation gets you so triggered. If you like Chrysler vehicles, buy them.
It doesn't matter what myself, or anybody thinks of Chrysler. It's your money, you do you.
I don't think you getting it, it's ok.
Banned
Dec 3, 2020
74 posts
152 upvotes
romsan04 wrote: I don't think you getting it, it's ok.
I get it.
Michael Jordan missed over 9,000 shots in his career. He is far from flawless. But he is still widely considered the GOAT.
Same thing with Toyota and their reputation for reliability. They are far from flawless. But they tend to have less flaws over the long haul than any other manufacturer.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2015
1282 posts
1536 upvotes
Barrie, ON
romsan04 wrote: And you gladly pay for this...
You make it sound like the OP knew this when he bought it. Don't be that guy.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
15906 posts
13744 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Get a blog?
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
28723 posts
9172 upvotes
Cool...story...bro?

Also perhaps it's time to upgrade to REV-9, much more durable and much better...well aside from the whole kill all humanity thing. Doesn't even need any gasoline: