• Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2019 7:31 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Oct 18, 2019
4 posts

2019 Toronto Ski Show

Thinking of going this year. It will be my first time. Although I have read about clothing deals, etc. What about season lift passes? Especially Blue Mountain. They are currently $389 on their website. Would you get a cheaper one at this show? Can only make it the Friday night. Do they put stuff out everyday instead of everything the first day?
7 replies
Jr. Member
Mar 4, 2009
174 posts
41 upvotes
Blue mountain passes and prices will be the same as getting it online. Only difference is that you'd be able to get the pass in person vs. paying extra for them to mail it OR waiting til the season starts to pickup your pass at blue.

The show has progressively gotten worse every year with fewer vendors showing up but you'll still be able to find some good deals on clothing and equipment. If shopping equipment, make sure you read up on it and do your research prior to going to the show because as helpful as the staff try to be, its almost too busy for them to spend a whole lot of time with you answering every question.

Ive been going for years now and the only reason I go back is because of the vacation/getaway deals. You'll have vendors from different resorts offering lift tickets + hotel stays for discounted prices.
Koodo - $40/8gb + 10gb
Rogers - Home Phone, Popular TV, Gigabit Internet
Newbie
Nov 25, 2016
28 posts
16 upvotes
Aurora
kicl wrote: Ive been going for years now and the only reason I go back is because of the vacation/getaway deals. You'll have vendors from different resorts offering lift tickets + hotel stays for discounted prices.
How are the deals on older equipment (like last season stock, or maybe the year before).

I'm new to the sport and don't want to break the bank. Was hoping to pick up some skis for ~$200, is there much in this range, or is it mainly high end new equipment there?
Be more kind my friend, try to be more kind.

- Frank Turner
[OP]
Newbie
Oct 18, 2019
4 posts
Cheers for your reply.

Yes I am not too optimistic about a Blue Mpuntain Season Pass, however I would appreciate some smaller hill passes. Maybe 2 for 1 offers. I will definitely be trying to pick up some gear. Going tonight. Looking forward to it.
Newbie
Nov 25, 2016
28 posts
16 upvotes
Aurora
Kdoc104 wrote: Cheers for your reply.

Yes I am not too optimistic about a Blue Mpuntain Season Pass, however I would appreciate some smaller hill passes. Maybe 2 for 1 offers. I will definitely be trying to pick up some gear. Going tonight. Looking forward to it.
How were the prices on ski equipment there? Was it worth the admission price?
Be more kind my friend, try to be more kind.

- Frank Turner
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jan 3, 2008
878 posts
203 upvotes
W.GTA
articolours wrote: How were the prices on ski equipment there? Was it worth the admission price?
There's deals to be had.
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2006
1021 posts
204 upvotes
Toronto
kicl wrote: Ive been going for years now and the only reason I go back is because of the vacation/getaway deals. You'll have vendors from different resorts offering lift tickets + hotel stays for discounted prices.
What kind of deals do you usually see and for what resorts?
Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2006
1021 posts
204 upvotes
Toronto
What is the selection like for kids’ gear?

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)