• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2020 8:47 am
Apr 26, 2010
246 posts
137 upvotes
Vancouver
i ordered mine from jp toyota in vancouver. think there was a couple of more coming in ltd models so you might want to check them out to see if they sold the remaining if you really need the car and don't want to wait. I just sold my 2nd car so i will be running 1 car for about 2 months. hopefully everything pans out, cuz it will get messy trying to get to places with 1 car in the family.
Apr 1, 2019
50 posts
12 upvotes
Vancouver
bigsky2 wrote: I'm in the Greater Vancouver Area (Richmond to be precise) and placed a deposit for a Hybrid XSE with Tech Package in mid August.
Dealer said it would be a possible 4-6 month wait, so it'll be late winter '19 to early spring '20 for delivery.
After reading the experiences of other people here, I would not be surprised if it isn't until next summer :smirk:

At that point, I'm wondering if the model gets shifted to a 2020 proper or is still considered a 2019 when delivery/receiving actually takes place.

I'm in no rush for delivery as I could and would wait for a 2020 model with Android Auto, Panoramic Moonroof, and other features not currently available on the 2019 Hybrid LE XSE trims.
Curious to know when the new model year clicks in. Would the '19 and '20 models be identical? I would think they would change the tail or headlight design or something without changing the body shape. Just to differentiate the model years. Not too familiar with the process.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13723 posts
5327 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Alex Auto RAV4 Hybrid review:

Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
5912 posts
1396 upvotes
Martin (deal addict) wrote: But why wait so long to add hybrid option to RAV 4?
Toyota is just incredibly conservative when it comes to tech. American cars had RDS on their radios in around 2008 or something like that. The RAV4 didn't get it until 2012 or 2013. The transmission on the RAV4 is also an "old" 8 speed while competitors have gone to 9 and 10 speed transmissions.
⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡BA

「上上下下左右左右BA」
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2007
1465 posts
273 upvotes
Vancouver
Fredwil wrote: Curious to know when the new model year clicks in. Would the '19 and '20 models be identical? I would think they would change the tail or headlight design or something without changing the body shape. Just to differentiate the model years. Not too familiar with the process.
We might know a little more later this year with the upcoming auto shows in California.

Interesting update on the RAV4 PHEV (plug in hybrid EV) :
https://www.motorauthority.com/news/112 ... -spy-shots

Looks like the US will be receiving the RAV4 TRD in 2020:
https://www.toyota.com/upcoming-vehicles/rav4trd/
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
2939 posts
3863 upvotes
Edmonton
bigsky2 wrote: We might know a little more later this year with the upcoming auto shows in California.

Interesting update on the RAV4 PHEV (plug in hybrid EV) :
https://www.motorauthority.com/news/112 ... -spy-shots
This might piss me off as someone who ordered a Honda Clarity and wishes it was a hatchback and had AWD. But I know this RAV4 won't be nearly as good at driving on EV so it's all good. :)
Jan 15, 2014
71 posts
22 upvotes
Oshawa
Before you get teed off ... there is no confirmation from Toyota or anyone else that this is indeed a plug in hybrid in final testing ... no assurance that, if it is, such a model would be introduced in this market soon ... and if it is what people think it is and if it is coming soon, no idea what the price might be.
Spoken as a guy who really wants a plug in RAV4 Hybrid ... but just ordered a RAV4 Hybrid ... because that's what's available.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54398 posts
19228 upvotes
Can't wait to meet some of you who will be selling your 2019 RAV4H's four to five years down the road. Might switch back to buying used cars.

This is a no brainer compared to the NX300h still riding on the older platform and without CarPlay.
Apr 26, 2010
246 posts
137 upvotes
Vancouver
im just hoping they give us an option for andriod upgrade when it does come out.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54398 posts
19228 upvotes
It seems the XLE cannot have heated steering wheel unless one upgrades to the XSE package?
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54398 posts
19228 upvotes
Stabilo7 wrote: Pretty sure the xle hybrid has a heated steering wheel
Duh. You are right. I was just looking at the specs earlier this morning and failed to pay attention. XLE seems to have majority of the features I think we will need.

Checked autotrader and the cheapest RAV4H in Ontario is 2016 limited trim which was about $26k. Depreciation at $5k/year isn't that bad for owners but not for used car purchasers haha.
Jan 15, 2014
71 posts
22 upvotes
Oshawa
Agreed.
I usually buy used. But once I decided I wanted a RAV4 Hybrid ... the spread between new and used was so tight it seemed to make more sense (for me) to buy new.
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2005
2155 posts
350 upvotes
Vancouver
pennysaved wrote: Agreed.
I usually buy used. But once I decided I wanted a RAV4 Hybrid ... the spread between new and used was so tight it seemed to make more sense (for me) to buy new.
Yup. Not to mention there are very few used ones available. Should hold value very well in the future.
You Have No Life If You Can Calculate It Mathematically
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/Stabilo7/RFD2.jpg[/IMG]
Aug 19, 2019
93 posts
35 upvotes
I just traded in my 2017 CRV for a 19 RAV4 Hybrid XSE, due to arrive within 30 days. Anyone here already have it, and can provide some real world fuel usage numbers?

And did anyone manage to get a discount off of MSRP? I found a dealership in the GTA that was willing to knock off $1000, even one at $1300, but couldn't guarantee a delivery date. The dealership I went with knocked off $500, which was equivalent to their admin fees.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
3197 posts
650 upvotes
Aurora, ON
jibbles wrote: I just traded in my 2017 CRV for a 19 RAV4 Hybrid XSE, due to arrive within 30 days....
When did you place your XSE order? I ordered Apr 6th and haven't heard anything...
Aug 19, 2019
93 posts
35 upvotes
jackie999 wrote: When did you place your XSE order? I ordered Apr 6th and haven't heard anything...
Around a week ago. One dealership that I was having conversations with text me and said they were getting one off of a cancellation, and their territory rep locked it in and it's on its way to the dealership from the factory, so not a demo either.

I found it odd, but jumped at it, hence only accepting $500 off MSRP/Admin fees
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
3197 posts
650 upvotes
Aurora, ON
jibbles wrote: Around a week ago. One dealership that I was having conversations with text me and said they were getting one off of a cancellation, and their territory rep locked it in and it's on its way to the dealership from the factory, so not a demo either.

I found it odd, but jumped at it, hence only accepting $500 off MSRP/Admin fees
Just because I'm jealous ...what colour are you getting? Pics when you get it!
Aug 19, 2019
93 posts
35 upvotes
jackie999 wrote: Just because I'm jealous ...what colour are you getting? Pics when you get it!
XSE blizzard white with black roof
Aug 24, 2003
77 posts
7 upvotes
You must be lucky, unlike myself who ordered a Blizzard Pearl XSE in the GTA back at the beginning of June. I’ve heard nothing. I’m jealous... enjoy your new car.