• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2020 8:47 am
Feb 24, 2019
16 posts
21 upvotes
Bourassa5 wrote: Good choice on the xse. Can you check back if your Hybrid has the gas tank filling issue.
For sure, I think that's the only concern of buying rav4 hybrid, but doesn't really bother me.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
5482 posts
584 upvotes
YMMV04672 wrote: For sure, I think that's the only concern of buying rav4 hybrid, but doesn't really bother me.
What about the concerns about battery drainage when parked?
Jan 10, 2018
31 posts
18 upvotes
For those with 18'' wheels, where you able to downsize to 17'' for winter tires?
Thanks!
Mar 3, 2013
28 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
I am in Ottawa, but willing to make the trip as far as Toronto if I can't find a good price here. I am looking to buy the RAV4 AWD XLE Premium 2020, what type of pricing should I be looking at?

Thanks!
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35059 posts
21024 upvotes
Center of Universe
Stabilo7 wrote: Yes you can.
IIRC, base trim comes with 17s, so you should be good to go.
Dec 13, 2008
84 posts
34 upvotes
Hamilton
Purchased 17 " alloy wheels and correct sized snows from Costco which were a direct fit, no plastic hub rings.

Not much choice of wheel style, but they are for winter after all.

So if you are thinking Costco made in China is an issue, my Prius V Toyota wheels were also made in China. Big surprise is the RAV4 wheels are made in Canada!
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4780 posts
392 upvotes
GTA
Chemicalstorm wrote: 2021 models (gas & hybrid) are out on toyota.ca
Whatttt.. my new 20 RAV is already outdated? Looks like no changes but price increase
Mar 3, 2013
28 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone who bought a hybrid 2020 xle AWD in the last few weeks mind sharing what kind of deal they got? I was originally shopping for a gas RAV 4 but changed my mind.

While shopping for the Hybrid XLE I am being told because it's in such high demand dealerships are not negotiating prices or discounts on the vehicle, can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2005
2155 posts
350 upvotes
Vancouver
richferaco wrote: Anyone who bought a hybrid 2020 xle AWD in the last few weeks mind sharing what kind of deal they got? I was originally shopping for a gas RAV 4 but changed my mind.

While shopping for the Hybrid XLE I am being told because it's in such high demand dealerships are not negotiating prices or discounts on the vehicle, can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!
Will be lucky to get a discount on the hybrids. Maybe a few hundred but honestly not worth it. Just get in line and be happy. It's a great car!
You Have No Life If You Can Calculate It Mathematically
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/Stabilo7/RFD2.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2006
1424 posts
191 upvotes
Toronto
any folks here debating between the rav4h vs. the venza? thoughts?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
5482 posts
584 upvotes
Is the gas tank issue fixed in the 2021 Rav4 Hybrid?
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2005
2155 posts
350 upvotes
Vancouver
Arrow wrote: Is the gas tank issue fixed in the 2021 Rav4 Hybrid?
No one knows because 21s aren't out. Honestly I have a 2019 and it's not a big deal. People are making a bigger deal out of it than it is. Take your time filling it up and it fills up fine. Don't use the latch on the pumps. I get over 800km on a tank quite easily.
You Have No Life If You Can Calculate It Mathematically
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/Stabilo7/RFD2.jpg[/IMG]
May 9, 2017
81 posts
41 upvotes
I think I won't care too much about the filling issue, as there seems to have some way to fill the tank empty (as mentionned by Stabilo7). I'm more concerned about the battery drain issue. Will see what happens when I get my car :)
Sep 25, 2012
132 posts
79 upvotes
WINNIPEG
mizermalice wrote: any folks here debating between the rav4h vs. the venza? thoughts?
When you equip US trims similar to our CA version,
US pricing: Venza LE = RAV4 HYBRID XLE +$500
Venza XLE = RAV4 HYBRID LIMITED -$500

Canadian pricing: Venza LE = RAV4 HYBRID XLE +$3000
Venza XLE = RAV4 HYBRID LIMITED + $1600

Not much to debate here when the pricing is too high.
Mar 3, 2013
28 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Hi guys,

Finally purchased 2020 Hybrid XLE tonight, I don't believe the remote connect option is available for us, that being said can anyone recommend an after market remote car starter for this vehicle.

Thanks!
Rich