• Last Updated:
  • Feb 12th, 2021 3:51 pm
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 8, 2005
2158 posts
350 upvotes
Vancouver
richferaco wrote: Hi guys,

Finally purchased 2020 Hybrid XLE tonight, I don't believe the remote connect option is available for us, that being said can anyone recommend an after market remote car starter for this vehicle.

Thanks!
Rich
Congrats! Can't comment on the remote start but you will love the vehicle.
You Have No Life If You Can Calculate It Mathematically
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/Stabilo7/RFD2.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 6, 2009
3201 posts
655 upvotes
Aurora, ON
richferaco wrote: Hi guys,

Finally purchased 2020 Hybrid XLE tonight, I don't believe the remote connect option is available for us, that being said can anyone recommend an after market remote car starter for this vehicle.

Thanks!
Rich
I have the 2019 XSE and ordered the remote start from the dealer. At the time it wasn't an option so assumed I was getting after factory. When we picked up the vehicle the salesman said it wasn't installed and when it came in he'd let me know. A few days later I get an email from him saying I did have the feature (double tap lock then hold it). I rarely use it...with an ICE vehicle it's handy since it'll warm the cabin..with hybrid the car starts but no heat. I wouldn't bother with the feature in the future...
Newbie
Feb 24, 2019
16 posts
21 upvotes
richferaco wrote: Anyone who bought a hybrid 2020 xle AWD in the last few weeks mind sharing what kind of deal they got? I was originally shopping for a gas RAV 4 but changed my mind.

While shopping for the Hybrid XLE I am being told because it's in such high demand dealerships are not negotiating prices or discounts on the vehicle, can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!

I believe you can get up $1xxx discount if dealer has it in stock, mine was XSE standard package, picked up last week.
Newbie
Feb 24, 2019
16 posts
21 upvotes
ferkel wrote: Whatttt.. my new 20 RAV is already outdated? Looks like no changes but price increase
I found out they actually made some changes, don't know if the brochures is wrong.
According to the 2021 brochures, They removed the digital rear view mirror from standard XSE and added it to Tech Package. It's not a deal breaker feature but I like it.
Images
  • 2020.jpg
  • 2021.jpg
Newbie
May 9, 2017
89 posts
46 upvotes
Oh, on the "Model Comparison matrix", it already was part of the Tech packages for 2020 models.
However the XSE came stock with a " Electrochromic Rear View Mirror ". I think this is the cause of the mix-up?
Images
  • Toyota.png
Newbie
Feb 24, 2019
16 posts
21 upvotes
Chemicalstorm wrote: Oh, on the "Model Comparison matrix", it already was part of the Tech packages for 2020 models.
However the XSE came stock with a " Electrochromic Rear View Mirror ". I think this is the cause of the mix-up?
I believe It came stock with "Electrochromic Rear View Mirror" without Homelink.

need to option Tech Package to have Homelink added to the digital rear view mirror for 2020 models.
Jr. Member
Sep 25, 2012
132 posts
79 upvotes
WINNIPEG
YMMV04672 wrote: I believe It came stock with "Electrochromic Rear View Mirror" without Homelink.
Isn't "Electrochromic Rear View Mirror" just auto dimming rear view mirror? Looks like a typo on spec sheet.
Newbie
Feb 24, 2019
16 posts
21 upvotes
cocopro wrote: Isn't "Electrochromic Rear View Mirror" just auto dimming rear view mirror? Looks like a typo on spec sheet.
Yea you are right, looks like a typo on Model Comparison matrix,

I'm getting digital rear view mirror without tech package.
Newbie
Nov 27, 2014
9 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
Shopping around for a RAV4 hybrid. Dealer just offered $40900 for a 2021 xle hybrid, was wondering if this was a good price or similar to what others have been getting.
Sr. Member
Sep 7, 2003
724 posts
275 upvotes
Getting a 2020 RAV4 XLE Premium for $36,950 + taxes (for me 5%). Also getting 7 free oil changes with it, plus all season mats.

Any thoughts on the deal?

Thanks
Newbie
Sep 12, 2020
1 posts
3 upvotes
vistokid wrote: Getting a 2020 RAV4 XLE Premium for $36,950 + taxes (for me 5%). Also getting 7 free oil changes with it, plus all season mats.

Any thoughts on the deal?

Thanks
I'm getting the 2020 RAV4 XLE Hybrid for $38,500 all in. All season mats, free "lifetime" oil changes. In Edmonton so tax only 5%.
Newbie
Jan 5, 2019
32 posts
11 upvotes
AnnissaW77167 wrote: I'm getting the 2020 RAV4 XLE Hybrid for $38,500 all in. All season mats, free "lifetime" oil changes. In Edmonton so tax only 5%.
This seems very cheap.
Newbie
Jan 5, 2019
32 posts
11 upvotes
Is anyone finding better deals with Toyota’s red tag deals?
Jr. Member
Jun 23, 2017
196 posts
105 upvotes
griddim wrote: Shopping around for a RAV4 hybrid. Dealer just offered $40900 for a 2021 xle hybrid, was wondering if this was a good price or similar to what others have been getting.
Is this on a financing deal or cash?
Jr. Member
Jun 23, 2017
196 posts
105 upvotes
jokerswild1 wrote: I was offered 40500 all in for a 2020 hybrid xle is this a good price or should I push for more?
Was this on financing or cash? Which dealer
Member
Oct 15, 2008
282 posts
237 upvotes
canada
Offered $1800 off on 2020 LE AWD, and I can get a 1% finance rate reduction on a 60 month finance (3.99% down to 2.99%). Dealer pays 1/3 of the finance savings, which is about $300 after tax and will come out of the $1800 (which is before tax) accordingly.

Basically, I'm expecting $1500 off on the pre-tax price, 2.99% 60 months finance (down from 3.99%).

Is this good? Average? Also, no admin fees.
Newbie
Jan 5, 2019
32 posts
11 upvotes
Elusivellama wrote: Offered $1800 off on 2020 LE AWD, and I can get a 1% finance rate reduction on a 60 month finance (3.99% down to 2.99%). Dealer pays 1/3 of the finance savings, which is about $300 after tax and will come out of the $1800 (which is before tax) accordingly.

Basically, I'm expecting $1500 off on the pre-tax price, 2.99% 60 months finance (down from 3.99%).

Is this good? Average? Also, no admin fees.
Your deal doesn’t seem as good as AnnissaW77167 above. Check his numbers to see what kind of deal he got. You won’t be able to get that much off because he bought a more expensive model.
Member
Oct 15, 2008
282 posts
237 upvotes
canada
lang5500 wrote: Your deal doesn’t seem as good as AnnissaW77167 above. Check his numbers to see what kind of deal he got. You won’t be able to get that much off because he bought a more expensive model.
Yeah, I figured as much. The LE AWD is the base trim and doesn't even come with a tonneau cover, margins must be thin on these.

Top