• Last Updated:
  • Feb 12th, 2021 3:51 pm
Jan 5, 2019
32 posts
11 upvotes
Has anyone purchased a RAV4 hybrid XLE lately? Did you get a decent deal?
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
2983 posts
501 upvotes
Pickering
azncapcom wrote: anyone get a clunking sound on their new rav4 when the steering wheel is turned all the way to one side and moving?

Get a light clunk sound about every couple seconds if my steering wheel is locked all the way and car is moving.
Nope, get Toyota to take a look at it, doesn't sound right.
Wise men speak because they have something to say, Fools because they have to say something.
Oct 6, 2012
226 posts
73 upvotes
alberta
How about Gov Incentives, is it only for 2021 Hybrid Rav4 gets $5000 in toyota SUV lines? any for Honda SUV's
May 9, 2017
89 posts
47 upvotes
rupendra76 wrote: How about Gov Incentives, is it only for 2021 Hybrid Rav4 gets $5000 in toyota SUV lines? any for Honda SUV's
No gov incentive (at least federal) that I know of, the Rav4 Hybrid not being a plug-in hybrid.
Nov 28, 2020
64 posts
57 upvotes
azncapcom wrote: anyone get a clunking sound on their new rav4 when the steering wheel is turned all the way to one side and moving?

Get a light clunk sound about every couple seconds if my steering wheel is locked all the way and car is moving.
That is likely the power steering pump. You're not supposed to crank power steering to the extreme in any car.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 9, 2009
5049 posts
692 upvotes
ChesterCheetoh wrote: That is likely the power steering pump. You're not supposed to crank power steering to the extreme in any car.
I've never had this issue with any other cars before. I only noticed it cause I was backing out of a parking spot and had the wheel locked all the way.

Then I tried replicating it by going around in the parking lot and notice a clank about every rotation of the wheel when steering fully to one direction.
Nov 28, 2020
64 posts
57 upvotes
azncapcom wrote: I've never had this issue with any other cars before. I only noticed it cause I was backing out of a parking spot and had the wheel locked all the way.

Then I tried replicating it by going around in the parking lot and notice a clank about every rotation of the wheel when steering fully to one direction.

And when you don't crank the wheels to their further extreme... no clunk, right?

Check the owners manual. It will likely advise what I just did.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 9, 2009
5049 posts
692 upvotes
ChesterCheetoh wrote: And when you don't crank the wheels to their further extreme... no clunk, right?

Check the owners manual. It will likely advise what I just did.
You are right. Yes the sound only happens when wheel is turned to the extreme. It looks like the manual does state not to turn it to the extreme for extended period of time.. but what is considered extended... I noticed it right away just backing out the car... barely a few seconds. Never had this with any other car before...

●Do not turn the steering wheel
fully in either direction and hold
it there for an extended period
of time.
Doing so may damage the
power steering motor.

The above paragraph is what's stated in the manual.

Anyone else experience this issue when having the wheel turned all the way?
Nov 28, 2020
64 posts
57 upvotes
azncapcom wrote: You are right. Yes the sound only happens when wheel is turned to the extreme. It looks like the manual does state not to turn it to the extreme for extended period of time.. but what is considered extended... I noticed it right away just backing out the car... barely a few seconds. Never had this with any other car before...

●Do not turn the steering wheel
fully in either direction and hold
it there for an extended period
of time.
Doing so may damage the
power steering motor.

The above paragraph is what's stated in the manual.

Anyone else experience this issue when having the wheel turned all the way?

I'm on my 3rd RAV4 in 5 years (currently in a 2020). I've also owned/driven multiple models from many other makes. They all make noise when you crank the wheels to the extreme.

It's you , not the vehicle.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 9, 2009
5049 posts
692 upvotes
ChesterCheetoh wrote: I'm on my 3rd RAV4 in 5 years (currently in a 2020). I've also owned/driven multiple models from many other makes. They all make noise when you crank the wheels to the extreme.

It's you , not the vehicle.
I'm hoping it's me too. First RAV4 but have driven many Toyota and Lexus' in the family and have never noticed it.

Will try testing the other vehicles to confirm now that I know what I'm looking for.

Hoping to get feedback from other 2019-2020 owners here as well, I believe one other user mentioned no sound on theirs.
Jan 5, 2019
32 posts
11 upvotes
cuppagogo wrote: Got a quote for 2021 xse hybrid with tech package and pear white paint. All in 45.5k cash. Good deal ? Location Alberta
How much of a discount off MSRP is that?
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
2983 posts
501 upvotes
Pickering
azncapcom wrote: I'm hoping it's me too. First RAV4 but have driven many Toyota and Lexus' in the family and have never noticed it.

Will try testing the other vehicles to confirm now that I know what I'm looking for.

Hoping to get feedback from other 2019-2020 owners here as well, I believe one other user mentioned no sound on theirs.
No issues here on my now 1 year old 2020 XLE Hybrid.
Wise men speak because they have something to say, Fools because they have to say something.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
9827 posts
1030 upvotes
Mississauga
Who else received a letter with a safety recall campaign with what it looks to be the fuel pump?
RFD 43-0-0
Ebay 35-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
2983 posts
501 upvotes
Pickering
XxXSnake23XxX wrote: Who else received a letter with a safety recall campaign with what it looks to be the fuel pump?
Mods might want to combine this thread here,

2019-rev4-fuel-tank-replaced-2432160/

Although, I believe it deserves it's own thread. Got my letter a few weeks ago, getting it replaced next Wednesday, 3 hour job and an extended warranty.
Jun 8, 2006
44 posts
Looking at getting a 2020 gas model LE. Dealer quoted $36500 otd which is pretty much msrp but he said he'll include a remote start. He said RAVs are popular so not much wiggle room and the remote start is about a $700 value. Is this a decent buy? Paying cash btw.
I test drove a demo and noticed the driver side mirror was shaky, as I've read complaints before.
May 9, 2017
89 posts
47 upvotes
nitewind12 wrote: I test drove a demo and noticed the driver side mirror was shaky, as I've read complaints before.
There is a TSB for that issue, look here people have had it applied (in Canada too) https://www.rav4world.com/threads/side- ... sb.307743/
The TSB might not include 2021 model yet but it should just be a matter of time before it is updated.
Last edited by Chemicalstorm on Feb 10th, 2021 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 22, 2009
274 posts
32 upvotes
Ottawa
nitewind12 wrote: Looking at getting a 2020 gas model LE. Dealer quoted $36500 otd which is pretty much msrp but he said he'll include a remote start. He said RAVs are popular so not much wiggle room and the remote start is about a $700 value. Is this a decent buy? Paying cash btw.
I test drove a demo and noticed the driver side mirror was shaky, as I've read complaints before.
That's LE AWD price, right? still too much, got mine last September, ~2k less than that.
Jun 8, 2006
44 posts
Yes, LE AWD. I figured paying msrp for a new vehicle isn't a good deal. I looked up the remote start he would install (Autostart brand) and it's only around $200 when he figured it was $599 lol... First time buying a vehicle and I suck at bargaining.
Oct 24, 2016
965 posts
817 upvotes
ON
nitewind12 wrote: Looking at getting a 2020 gas model LE. Dealer quoted $36500 otd which is pretty much msrp but he said he'll include a remote start. He said RAVs are popular so not much wiggle room and the remote start is about a $700 value. Is this a decent buy? Paying cash btw.
Now that we are into 2021 models, shouldn’t the 2020 model qualify for additional discount.
Isn't it great to live in the 21st century where deleting history has become more important than making it.