• Last Updated:
  • Nov 5th, 2020 1:06 pm
Jan 10, 2018
26 posts
15 upvotes
azncapcom wrote: Anyone receive their RAV4 hybrid recently? When did you order?

We are still waiting for ours... Ordered Dec 2019....
Ordered in January and still waiting on it. Hoping for a 2021 Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Apr 26, 2010
238 posts
130 upvotes
Vancouver
anyone look into getting andriod auto in their 2019? seeing what options i have with it.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2006 posts
241 upvotes
NB
Which trim do you guys think represent the best value between the hybrid le and the hybrid xle in Canada?

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2006 posts
241 upvotes
NB
Hellfire wrote: XLE no question
Thanks, what features do you find makes the XLE hybrid worth the extra 3k+tax over the LE hybrid?

Here in Canada, the LE hybrid gets the upgraded premium heated seats, coloured side mirrors with turn signal indicators and blind spot assist, rear centre vents and alloy wheels.

The extras in the XLE hybrid I believe are:

- push button start with keyless entry
- headlights are different (projector vs reflector led)
- fog lights
- heated leather wrapped steering wheel
- sun roof
- 5 USB ports instead of 1
- power seat

These extra features found on the XLE are things I never had before, so I don’t know what I’d be missing really.

Thanks again!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2003
7807 posts
583 upvotes
Edmonton
Colin0317 wrote: Thanks, what features do you find makes the XLE hybrid worth the extra 3k+tax over the LE hybrid?

Here in Canada, the LE hybrid gets the upgraded premium heated seats, coloured side mirrors with turn signal indicators and blind spot assist, rear centre vents and alloy wheels.

The extras in the XLE hybrid I believe are:

- push button start with keyless entry **
- headlights are different (projector vs reflector led) **
- fog lights
- heated leather wrapped steering wheel
- sun roof
- 5 USB ports instead of 1
- power seat

These extra features found on the XLE are things I never had before, so I don’t know what I’d be missing really.

Thanks again!
So the two starred items are the ones that make it well worth the additional $3K, the additional item are nice to have - especially the heated steering wheel in winter. The projector headlights are a significant upgrade which do provide better visibility for nighttime driving. Keyless entry and push start - you can't beat the convenience of never having to take the key out of your pocket.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2006 posts
241 upvotes
NB
Hellfire wrote: So the two starred items are the ones that make it well worth the additional $3K, the additional item are nice to have - especially the heated steering wheel in winter. The projector headlights are a significant upgrade which do provide better visibility for nighttime driving. Keyless entry and push start - you can't beat the convenience of never having to take the key out of your pocket.
Thank you, much appreciated!
Jan 10, 2018
26 posts
15 upvotes
Seems like won't be getting a 2021...
Dealership just called to say that they expect to receive vehicle around end of July/early August
Ordered January 3rd an XSE not premium
Jan 5, 2019
30 posts
11 upvotes
Had the same problem with my Camry. Had the dealership look at it. I still don’t think it’s right.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2007
1458 posts
251 upvotes
Vancouver
aznviper wrote: anyone look into getting andriod auto in their 2019? seeing what options i have with it.
I think it's safe to say that Toyota will not be releasing an official upgrade to 2019 model year head units to support Android Auto.
No official announcement to say they will or won't support AA on 2019 head units, but it's been very quiet so the chances are slim to none.

Next option would be to look at aftermarket head units that have built in support for Android Auto (e.g. Dasaita or Sony).
There are a few owners of 2019 RAV4 that installed the Dasaita Max 6 and it seems to mostly work.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2007
1458 posts
251 upvotes
Vancouver
irfan1729 wrote: Does RAV4 have OEM remote starter?
Technically, yes.

On some trims that feature Remote Connect services, you can start your RAV4 with a smartphone app.

And on some models, the remote key fob can remote start within certain proximity.
Nov 1, 2016
143 posts
31 upvotes
bigsky2 wrote: Technically, yes.

On some trims that feature Remote Connect services, you can start your RAV4 with a smartphone app.

And on some models, the remote key fob can remote start within certain proximity.

Which models are these?
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2007
1458 posts
251 upvotes
Vancouver
irfan1729 wrote: Which models are these?
Look for these two features to indicate whether you can remote start the RAV4:

Remote Connect (uses Toyota app on smartphone to remote start, first year subscription is free, paid thereafter)
Smart Key w/Push Button Start (key can be used to remote start, but in very close proximity)

https://www.toyota.ca/toyota/en/vehicle ... ifications

Remote Connect

Gas:
- XLE with Premium
- Trail
- Limited

Hybrid:
- XSE
- Limited

Smart Key

Gas:
- XLE FWD