Automotive

2019 Toyota RAV4

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2023 8:15 pm
Jan 5, 2019
34 posts
13 upvotes
Is anyone finding any deals out there? I’ve been watching for any low finance rates but nothing.
Mar 1, 2006
171 posts
35 upvotes
azncapcom wrote: I'm hoping it's me too. First RAV4 but have driven many Toyota and Lexus' in the family and have never noticed it.

Will try testing the other vehicles to confirm now that I know what I'm looking for.

Hoping to get feedback from other 2019-2020 owners here as well, I believe one other user mentioned no sound on theirs.
My Venza does that and many other vehicles did. Turning a wheel all the way to the extreme is bad. Left or right. Avoid it and no noise.
You have had a Shark Sighting!
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2001
1418 posts
940 upvotes
Vancouver
Are any current RAV4 owners able to comment on the routine service appointment maintenance costs for the RAV4 over four years?

Is the ECP with included scheduled service worth it? In general, it's silly to buy an extended warranty for a Toyota that is highly unlikely to have problems in its first four years, but the 48 month plan at $1699 (might be able to haggle on the price?) includes 8 service appointments. Does anybody know how much those 8 service appointments would normally cost at the dealership? Obviously during the warranty period the vehicle would be serviced at the stealership anyway.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
6830 posts
1257 upvotes
AEmgee wrote: Are any current RAV4 owners able to comment on the routine service appointment maintenance costs for the RAV4 over four years?

Is the ECP with included scheduled service worth it? In general, it's silly to buy an extended warranty for a Toyota that is highly unlikely to have problems in its first four years, but the 48 month plan at $1699 (might be able to haggle on the price?) includes 8 service appointments. Does anybody know how much those 8 service appointments would normally cost at the dealership? Obviously during the warranty period the vehicle would be serviced at the stealership anyway.

Answered you in the other thread :)
Jan 5, 2019
34 posts
13 upvotes
AEmgee wrote: Are any current RAV4 owners able to comment on the routine service appointment maintenance costs for the RAV4 over four years?

I got $1,000 off a 7 year extended warranty on my Camry. There’s lots of profit in warranties. Check with the dealership on the cost of oil changes and the other things they do on the service checks. My dealership charges around $100 for an oil change.
May 21, 2009
204 posts
262 upvotes
Canada
XxXSnake23XxX wrote: Who else received a letter with a safety recall campaign with what it looks to be the fuel pump?
Just today got the 2nd letter for this fuel pump recall. They are ready to fix it now. Took long enough!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2003
8346 posts
1087 upvotes
Edmonton
naimc wrote: For you 2019-2020 Rav4 hybrid owners this might be of interest.

This come up on a few different news sites : "RAV4 hybrid | A corroded $6800 cable is a pain"

https://canada.tawdif.ma/rav4-hybrid-a- ... is-a-pain/

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/ ... 9-9999.pdf
Thank you for sharing this important info!
Dec 19, 2010
327 posts
72 upvotes
naimc wrote: For you 2019-2020 Rav4 hybrid owners this might be of interest.

This come up on a few different news sites : "RAV4 hybrid | A corroded $6800 cable is a pain"

https://canada.tawdif.ma/rav4-hybrid-a- ... is-a-pain/

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/ ... 9-9999.pdf
I wonder why it's only for 19-20? Did they know about this problem and fixed it for the 21 models and onward?
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
Anyone know if 4th gen hybrids also affected by this corrosion issue?

Just learned about cablegate. I wonder if frequent under carriage washing after winter helps.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2008
1184 posts
1879 upvotes
Montreal
alanbrenton wrote: Anyone know if 4th gen hybrids also affected by this corrosion issue?

Just learned about cablegate. I wonder if frequent under carriage washing after winter helps.
Same assembly is used on the hybrid highlander and Sienna. Look at this owner of a Highlander 2023 Hybrid posted pictures of the rear motor HV cable plug. It's got the same redesign as the Rav4 cable.

If I was the owner of vehicle like this I would find out the process to disconnect and clean the cable with electrical contact cleaner replug and reseal with the Fluid film on an annual basis.

https://www.rav4world.com/threads/high- ... st-2993517

This video in french from Quebec (Levis) shows a 2021 with the new harness and the corrosion that is occuring after about 1 year. The poster explains that the corrosion is even occurring deep inside the connector , his approach is to coat the inside seal with dielectric grease and a anti rust product on the outside of the connector.

Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
3129 posts
744 upvotes
Pickering
Funny thing thread was updated, on Christmas day my rear window on my 2020 Rav4 XLE Hybrid just exploded, originally thought someone took a baseball bat to it but it looks like faulty glass, it's at the shop right now and the owner told me he's had 4 or so newer cars with exploded rear windows in this week alone, weather related.
The only thing worse than human ignorance is human pride in that ignorance.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)