2019 Toyota RAV4

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2023 8:15 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2013
2924 posts
1908 upvotes
Moon
Yeah I was deciding between the 18 RAV4 and CRV. For my parents the safety features were key and you had to get the AWD CRV to get most of the honda safety sense. We picked up the RAV4 for 30500 + 500 for lifetime rust proof, the CRV AWD was gonna cost 33000 +.
Koodo, Public Mobile, Lucky Mobile Customer
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
18018 posts
7061 upvotes
Toronto
kangarooz wrote: Yeah I was deciding between the 18 RAV4 and CRV. For my parents the safety features were key and you had to get the AWD CRV to get most of the honda safety sense. We picked up the RAV4 for 30500 + 500 for lifetime rust proof, the CRV AWD was gonna cost 33000 +.
Rust proofing is not needed and is just a way for dealerships to make $$
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2013
2924 posts
1908 upvotes
Moon
hightech wrote: Rust proofing is not needed and is just a way for dealerships to make $$
said the same thing, but dad was keen....
Koodo, Public Mobile, Lucky Mobile Customer
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2014
1261 posts
1357 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hey Toyota, why doesn't it have a big gaping grille like the Avalon/Camry/Corolla? Face Screaming In Fear

I like how they're adopting the "Toyota truck" like front end instead of going with the big grille.
jzmtl wrote: I certainly wouldn't mind a 300+ HP RAV4, it's hard to find a CUV with upgrade engine (and available in non-top trim).
If there were to be any type of engine upgrade in a CUV, it would be for the luxury version foremost...in this case the Lexus NX.
_______
Speedkar99 | YouTube
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22438 posts
3065 upvotes
Wow they made the RAV4 even uglier..

It looks like the C-HR + Lexus RX + FJ mashed into one

I miss those 6 cylinder Rav 4 AWD, they were sleepers .

WHY IS Toyota so against actually making a fast car?????
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10408 posts
1123 upvotes
Toronto
their computers might of crashed when they were designing the rav 4. or might of gotten infected with ramsom ware.
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Banned
Jan 9, 2018
151 posts
55 upvotes
But I bet you regardless of shape or form, someone will still buy that off the lot when it arrives.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
6706 posts
2352 upvotes
If the production Rav4 looks even remotely like that, it'll be the best looking Rav4 to date since the last V6 model.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
6706 posts
2352 upvotes
CuriousJack wrote: I know...come to think of it, if they do it exactly like this toyota isnt really going overboard with the design...
I was disappointed with the current Rav4 design when it was unveiled years ago. This is very pleasing to the eye. Fresh yet not over the top.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2016
1731 posts
1779 upvotes
BluePhirePB wrote: I was disappointed with the current Rav4 design when it was unveiled years ago. This is very pleasing to the eye. Fresh yet not over the top.
I am the opposite. The current Rav4 looks great imo. This new one, the front looks too busy and overstyled. It looks too much like the FJ Cruiser than Rav4.
Jan 30, 2013
57 posts
17 upvotes
I am looking forward to the street version. The auto show version is always based on what inspired the car designer... outdoor, dirt roads and camping... just like any other SUVs.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
Probably not going to see the hybrid for 2019 but maybe it will get 40 MPG.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
I like the storm trooper look on our blizzard pearl RAV4H but the dash layout is so asymmetric and not pleasing to the eye. Round side vents and rectangular center vents! :)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2009
6236 posts
4776 upvotes
Ontario
deepanMedia wrote: But I bet you regardless of shape or form, someone will still buy that off the lot when it arrives.
Yes, probably because the bulletproof reliability legend still continues despite major engine and transmission issues. I wonder how long that myth will soldier on. People still think carrots give you better eyesight and that false propaganda was first spread in Britain during the 1940s to cover up the effectiveness of radar to spot incoming aircraft.
Oct 15, 2017
630 posts
436 upvotes
Canada
Martin (deal addict) wrote: Yes, probably because the bulletproof reliability legend still continues despite major engine and transmission issues. I wonder how long that myth will soldier on. People still think carrots give you better eyesight and that false propaganda was first spread in Britain during the 1940s to cover up the effectiveness of radar to spot incoming aircraft.
The things we can learn by reading RFD forums!

If you were looking at SUVs, which one would you recommend? Sadly, I'm one of those that thought a Toyota or Honda meant great reliability.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2009
6236 posts
4776 upvotes
Ontario
dsweetlou wrote: The things we can learn by reading RFD forums!

If you were looking at SUVs, which one would you recommend? Sadly, I'm one of those that thought a Toyota or Honda meant great reliability.
I would say pick out something you like then check for any known issues or problems. Check out the safety ratings and get an insurance quote as this is also a good safety indicator. If you are buying new you can negotiate in an extended warranty for peace of mind. Toyota products are not the cheapest so moving to something else might enable you to spend more on B2B warranty. Also check there isn't a new model around the corner. You may want to wait for the new one or negotiate a great deal on the outgoing model.

If you are buying used then there will be more information on the net about any known issues. My personal view is that most modern cars are reliable compared to years past and I do not think I would pay a premium price for a Toyota or Honda for reliability.

Good luck with your search. There is a wealth of knowledge that can be tapped into on RFD once you narrow down your search. The more specific a question you can ask the better in terms of getting focused responses.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)